Windows 10: I can't find my bitlocker recovery key I have no clue which account I reset my laptop...

Discus and support I can't find my bitlocker recovery key I have no clue which account I reset my laptop... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have reset my laptop using bios and now I done even know what a recovery bitlocker key is and no clue how to go about finding someone who can help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Horizonhero101, Aug 17, 2024.

1. I can't find my bitlocker recovery key I have no clue which account I reset my laptop...

I have reset my laptop using bios and now I done even know what a recovery bitlocker key is and no clue how to go about finding someone who can help me because I log in and my account says I have none

:)

Horizonhero101, Aug 17, 2024

2. Bitlocker Recovery Key

No, no other accounts.

What puzzles me is why the Bitlocker recovery key is not listed on the microsoft account, but there is a recovery key listed there for a computer I do not recognise.

I have several laptops but only the HP Envy has had Bitlocker on it. So what key is this on my account? And why isn't the Envy key there?

Jeremy Taylor1, Aug 17, 2024
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 17, 2024
  4. I can't find my bitlocker recovery key I have no clue which account I reset my laptop...

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, Aug 17, 2024
Thema:

I can't find my bitlocker recovery key I have no clue which account I reset my laptop...

1. I can't find my bitlocker recovery key I have no clue which account I reset my laptop... - Similar Threads - can't find bitlocker

2. I can't find my bitlocker recovery key I have no clue which account I reset my laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find my bitlocker recovery key I have no clue which account I reset my laptop...: I have reset my laptop using bios and now I done even know what a recovery bitlocker key is and no clue how to go about finding someone who can help me because I log in and my account says I have none...
  3. I have Bitlocker recovery key ID, I need to know which of my Microsoft accounts it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Bitlocker recovery key ID, I need to know which of my Microsoft accounts it is...: My laptop got suddenly locked after I attached a flash drive. Now it is asking for "Bitlocker recovery key". I had no idea that it is protected by Bitlocker and that this is the way Microsoft "protects" me for Windows Home copy! I am not going to format my drive, thank you. I...
  4. I have Bitlocker recovery key ID, I need to know which of my Microsoft accounts it is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have Bitlocker recovery key ID, I need to know which of my Microsoft accounts it is...: My laptop got suddenly locked after I attached a flash drive. Now it is asking for "Bitlocker recovery key". I had no idea that it is protected by Bitlocker and that this is the way Microsoft "protects" me for Windows Home copy! I am not going to format my drive, thank you. I...
  5. I have not been able to find my BitLocker recovery key. My Surface Laptop.

I have not been able to find my BitLocker recovery key. My Surface Laptop.: My laptop has me going through a cycle of spins around BitLocker. It won't let me do a factory reset and the automatic repair says "the device ran into a proble with :-.I have tried to log in using another device to find my BitLocker recovery key, but I can't find it....
  6. I can't find my bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find my bitlocker recovery key: My pc has been off for a month and now there is a bitclocker recovery key needed i can't find my key on my account even though that on the website i have this pc included in my account devices when i want to see details and bitlocker keys it tells me no keys for your pc...
  7. I can't find my bitlocker recovery key

I can't find my bitlocker recovery key: My pc has been off for a month and now there is a bitclocker recovery key needed i can't find my key on my account even though that on the website i have this pc included in my account devices when i want to see details and bitlocker keys it tells me no keys for your pc...
  8. Help!!! I can't find my BitLocker Recovery Key!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help!!! I can't find my BitLocker Recovery Key!: After my ASUS VivoBook laptop updated Windows 11, when I turn it on, I see a blue screen telling me that I need a "BitLocker Recovery Key" to unlock my laptop. I have no clue what that is, but I looked for it. It's not in my Microsoft account associated with my laptop I got...
  9. Help!!! I can't find my BitLocker Recovery Key!

Help!!! I can't find my BitLocker Recovery Key!: After my ASUS VivoBook laptop updated Windows 11, when I turn it on, I see a blue screen telling me that I need a "BitLocker Recovery Key" to unlock my laptop. I have no clue what that is, but I looked for it. It's not in my Microsoft account associated with my laptop I got...
  10. I can't find my Bitlocker Recovery Key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't find my Bitlocker Recovery Key: I was trying to clean up my laptop and did a reformat after backing up whatever files I needed. Now that my Dell Laptop has reboot, I can no longer access my D drive. It's requires a Bitlocker Recovery Key, something I never knew about. I have Windows 10 and I have...