Windows 10: I cant factory reset or update to windows 11

Discus and support I cant factory reset or update to windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey,I have a huge problem. It started when windows 11 launched and i tries to update. After around 50% my screen turned black and then it restarted and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vegardstb, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Vegardstb Win User

I cant factory reset or update to windows 11

Hey,I have a huge problem. It started when windows 11 launched and i tries to update. After around 50% my screen turned black and then it restarted and was back to windows 10. i tried lots of things but it did not work.So now im going to buy a new pc. I tried to factory reset it, but the same problem happend, but when i wrote in my password and pressed entered it said something like i could not log in because some of my profile files had been deleted.Every time i try to reset from the lockscreen shift+restart->factory reset the same problem accures.I have tried both cloud install and loc

:)

Vegardstb, Nov 8, 2022
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Nov 8, 2022
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Factory Reset

Hi Cameron,

Since you did a factory reset on your computer, possibly the outdated network adapter driver causes the connection issue. Just for clarification, did you install the updated network drivers? If not, we suggest that you update the Network adapter driver.

• Go to Device Manager, then click Network adapters and select the network adapter name.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select
      Update Driver Software
      > Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.
    • After installing the updated driver, restart the computer.

If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

Feel free to send us your feedback at your convenience.

Marby Rey, Nov 8, 2022
  4. EarthDog Win User

Is my SSD killing Windows? [UPDATE: fixed]

SE = Secure Erase the drive. This 'resets' it back to out-of-the-factory (writes 0/1's to it essentially). IIRC, you have to initialize the drive again to be able to see it. Its a step or two deeper than formatting it through Windows.

EarthDog, Nov 8, 2022
Thema:

1. I cant factory reset or update to windows 11 - Similar Threads - cant factory reset

2. why cant i factory reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i factory reset?: So basically, i wanted to factory reset because i factory reset when my games get low fps but when i try this time it keep showing me 0xc0000017 and when i search it up it say that mean low memory then i looked task manger and it said i am useing 60% and useing 6/8 GB what do...
  3. why cant i factory reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why cant i factory reset?: So basically, i wanted to factory reset because i factory reset when my games get low fps but when i try this time it keep showing me 0xc0000017 and when i search it up it say that mean low memory then i looked task manger and it said i am useing 60% and useing 6/8 GB what do...
  4. Cant factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant factory reset: It says credentials couldn't be verified and whenever I try to reset my pin it says Something went wrong and I can't even go in safe mode cause my bitlocker won't work it says its wrong or won't work please help...
  5. Cant factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant factory reset: It says credentials couldn't be verified and whenever I try to reset my pin it says Something went wrong and I can't even go in safe mode cause my bitlocker won't work it says its wrong or won't work please help...
  6. cant factory reset or sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant factory reset or sign in: Hello, I just bought a new cpu that I've been trying to upgrade to, I havent put the new cpu in yet as I need to do a full reset, but my computer will not let me and now it wont let me sign in, everytime I try to do a reset my computer goes halfway through the process then...
  7. I cant factory reset or update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant factory reset or update to windows 11: Hey,I have a huge problem. It started when windows 11 launched and i tries to update. After around 50% my screen turned black and then it restarted and was back to windows 10. i tried lots of things but it did not work.So now im going to buy a new pc. I tried to factory reset...
  8. I cant factory reset or update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant factory reset or update to windows 11: Hey,I have a huge problem. It started when windows 11 launched and i tries to update. After around 50% my screen turned black and then it restarted and was back to windows 10. i tried lots of things but it did not work.So now im going to buy a new pc. I tried to factory reset...
  9. i cant factory reset help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i cant factory reset help: ok soo im having trouble resseting my laptop its a alienware 15 when i try to reset or factory reset it tells me 'there was a problem ressetingt his computer'. i was trying to reset and it told me there was missing files so i went on youtube and searched, saw a video...
  10. Window 10 is not updated and cant reset to factory setting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 is not updated and cant reset to factory setting: This is very weird, I just bought a brand new Alienware 17R4 3 days ago. After several window updates, face recognition is not working anymore (worked perfectly at first). I read the instruction which lead me to reset my computer to factory setting. However, after 10 hrs (...