Windows 10: I can't configure Windows Hello face recognition on my account

Discus and support I can't configure Windows Hello face recognition on my account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloI can't configure Windows Hello face recognition on my account. When I click on configure it crashes the configuration.I tried to set up a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by René Disteli, Nov 29, 2023.

1. I can't configure Windows Hello face recognition on my account

HelloI can't configure Windows Hello face recognition on my account. When I click on configure it crashes the configuration.I tried to set up a new user on the desktop machine, and then it worked fine to set up Windows Hello for the new user.Any advice for my other account?

:)

René Disteli, Nov 29, 2023

2. Windows 11 - Windows hello PIN and Camera face recognition do not work

Hi,

Windows 11 - Windows hello PIN and Camera face recognition do not work, for both of them, when reaching the final step, the window closes before saying completed, and nothing happens

Steps to replicate on my PC - WIN 11:

1. Situation 1 - Trying to change PIN:
      1. Settings - Accounts - Pin(Windows Hello)
      2. Although i'm currently using a PIN to log into my user, I only get 1 button: Setup
      3. Press Setup - Create a PIN - Next
      4. Making sure it's you - I add my PIN - Just a moment - the window closes, nothign happens
    2. Situation 2 - Trying to add Face recognition:
      1. Settings - Accounts - Facial recognition (Windows Hello) - Setup
      2. Welcome to Windows hello - Get started
      3. My face is scanned, i get a blue loading square, and dots on my things
      4. A couple more things
      5. Improbve recognition - if i skip this steps it does not make a difference
      6. A couple more things - Set up PIN
      7. Microsoft Account - Create a PIN - Next
      8. Making sure it's you - I add my PIN - Just a moment - the window closes, nothign happens
    I initially thought my webcam was the issue, but then chaging the PIN does not work either, and it has nothing to do with the camera

I talked with someone from support (support request number is 1056162110), and we tried different things until 3:30 AM my time, about 1:30 h.

On my laptop (win 10) with the same account, face recognition and PIN works, I have not tried to change them.

Is there any way to reset PIN on an account level? Or repair windows?

What else should i try?

DanielDumitru, Nov 29, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook

Privacy Matters

We’ve continued to engage with privacy experts, academics, regulators and people on Facebook about how we use face recognition and the options you have to control it.

We’ve made the steps to update your settings clearer and you can opt to leave your setting off right in the notice, as opposed to having to go to a separate screen. If you do nothing, face recognition will remain off for you.

I can't configure Windows Hello face recognition on my account [​IMG]

There’s also an opportunity to review information about our technology and the features it powers so that you can make the choice that’s right for you.

Finally, Facebook’s face recognition technology still does not recognize you to strangers. We don’t share your face recognition information with third parties. We also don’t sell our technology.

These changes will be effective globally starting today.

Source: An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

I can't configure Windows Hello face recognition on my account

1. I can't configure Windows Hello face recognition on my account - Similar Threads - can't configure Hello

2. I can't configure Windows Hello face recognition on my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't configure Windows Hello face recognition on my account: HelloI can't configure Windows Hello face recognition on my account. When I click on configure it crashes the configuration.I tried to set up a new user on the desktop machine, and then it worked fine to set up Windows Hello for the new user.Any advice for my other account?...
  3. I can't setup windows hello face recognition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't setup windows hello face recognition.: I have a new HP Zbook Power G9 mobile work station. I installed face recognition without any problems, it was working perfectly fine. Then, I updated my pc to windows 11 and suddenly I couldn't setup windows hello face anymore. The PIN and fingerprint are working, the face...
  4. I can't setup windows hello face recognition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't setup windows hello face recognition.: I have a new HP Zbook Power G9 mobile work station. I installed face recognition without any problems, it was working perfectly fine. Then, I updated my pc to windows 11 and suddenly I couldn't setup windows hello face anymore. The PIN and fingerprint are working, the face...
  5. Windows Hello Face Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Recognition: Hi,I'm using a DELL Inspiron 3501, i5 11th Generation, NVIDIA GeForce MX330 2GB GDDR5 Laptop.Do I have to have IR devices listed in my devmgmt.msc to use my camera with Windows Hello Face?If yes, could anyone share a screenshot of the device manager which contains IR...
  6. Hello face recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hello face recognition: My hello face recognition has stopped working. In the settings it says my camera is not compatible. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face-recognition/dd429b1c-e3eb-45ee-978e-efd8086b1f1f
  7. Windows Hello face recognition

Windows Hello face recognition: I can't remove Windows Hello face recognition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-recognition/642129e9-85f4-4869-b862-04a08a2162dc
  8. Hello Face Recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello Face Recognition: I recently bought a Microsoft Pro. It set up my face recognition while doing a whole laptop setup, however I dont need it anymore. when i go into settings to remove face recognition, it says currently not available but the remove and improve recognition buttons cannot be...
  9. Windows Hello Face recognition

Windows Hello Face recognition: Hello all, I have a problem that seems to be common on this forum but none of the common fixes have worked for me. My windows Hello face recognition built into my surface laptop 3 has recently in the past few days just stopped working. When I go into the sign-in options in...
  10. Windows Hello Face Recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Face Recognition: I have a Microsoft go tablet and I use it as my school laptop. I used to use the facial recognition but now it won't let me use it and I don't know why. It is saying the option is currently unavailable. Can anyone help me? It is so annoying to have to type in a pin or a...