Windows 10: I cannot update,reset, even CMD not working with any commands sfc /scannow …

Discus and support I cannot update,reset, even CMD not working with any commands sfc /scannow … in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have win 10 pro and i didn’t use my pc over than 7 months, so i wanted to reset my pc, but it failed every time. I tried every thing even the CMD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ewi-90, Jul 19, 2024.

1. ewi-90 Win User

I cannot update,reset, even CMD not working with any commands sfc /scannow …

I have win 10 pro and i didn’t use my pc over than 7 months, so i wanted to reset my pc, but it failed every time. I tried every thing even the CMD commands not working. I think all my windows files are corrupted with the settings. Please i need help just reset without losing my activation key.

:)

ewi-90, Jul 19, 2024

2. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Jul 19, 2024
  3. Steve C Win User
    SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow and it found errors it could not repair. I have managed to get sfc /scannow to run without errors - see what I did below:

1. Ran sfc /scannow which showed error "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
    2. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth which reported "The component store is repairable."
    3. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth which failed with Error: 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature."
    4. Mounted the W10 Techbench ISO and ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess which reported successfully "The restore operation completed successfully."
    5. Ran sfc /scannow wich completed successfully with report "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

Please advise:
    1. Why would sfc /scannow fail on a newly updated installation which ran sfc /scannow error free immediately before the upgrade?
    2. Why did I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO at step 4 above for Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to work and will I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO every time I need to run this Dism command?
    3. How can I configure my PC so it has the correct install.wim file for the Dism command to work properly?

Steve C, Jul 19, 2024
  4. I cannot update,reset, even CMD not working with any commands sfc /scannow …

Windows 10 Pinned item not working HELP!

open an elevated CMD prompt, and run the command sfc/scannow , let it run and see if it finds any issues.

jboydgolfer, Jul 19, 2024
Thema:

I cannot update,reset, even CMD not working with any commands sfc /scannow …

1. I cannot update,reset, even CMD not working with any commands sfc /scannow … - Similar Threads - cannot update reset

2. I cannot update,reset, even CMD not working with any commands sfc /scannow …

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot update,reset, even CMD not working with any commands sfc /scannow …: I have win 10 pro and i didn’t use my pc over than 7 months, so i wanted to reset my pc, but it failed every time. I tried every thing even the CMD commands not working. I think all my windows files are corrupted with the settings. Please i need help just reset without losing...
  3. I cannot update,reset, even CMD not working with any commands sfc /scannow …

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot update,reset, even CMD not working with any commands sfc /scannow …: I have win 10 pro and i didn’t use my pc over than 7 months, so i wanted to reset my pc, but it failed every time. I tried every thing even the CMD commands not working. I think all my windows files are corrupted with the settings. Please i need help just reset without losing...
  4. Cmd SFC/scannow fail

Cmd SFC/scannow fail: Hi, I'm Samuele, today I wanted to do the cmd scan SFC/scannow everything is fine except when I finish it, in fact I receive an error: Windows Resource Protection: it was not possible to restore some of the damaged files found.Online recovery details are included in the CBS...
  5. Command prompt sfc/scannow not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command prompt sfc/scannow not working: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". I've included the CBS.log file below. My computer has a 50% chance to actually start and I feel like this may be the reason why. I haven't tried anything else to resolve the corrupt files,...
  6. Command prompt sfc/scannow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt sfc/scannow not working: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". I've included the CBS.log file below. My computer has a 50% chance to actually start and I feel like this may be the reason why. I haven't tried anything else to resolve the corrupt files,...
  7. Command prompt sfc/scannow not working

8. Sfc/ scannow command

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sfc/ scannow command: After how many days the sfc / scannow command should be given? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-command/f79dacdc-d025-4a65-b558-fac623daa355
  9. Sfc/ scannow command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sfc/ scannow command: After how many days the sfc / scannow command should be given? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-command/f79dacdc-d025-4a65-b558-fac623daa355
  10. Sfc/ scannow command