Windows 10: I cannot take ANY restrictions off of my laptop!!

Discus and support I cannot take ANY restrictions off of my laptop!! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I cannot take ANY restrictions off of my laptop, I'm no longer in a family group, and I don't even have an account if that makes sense, but I still get... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Robert Scott5, Jan 8, 2024.

1. I cannot take ANY restrictions off of my laptop!!

I cannot take ANY restrictions off of my laptop, I'm no longer in a family group, and I don't even have an account if that makes sense, but I still get restrictions, and this has been a problem for months, I've followed everything I've seen online, and all the reviews but nothing has worked! Help!!

:)

Robert Scott5, Jan 8, 2024
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 8, 2024
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jan 8, 2024
  4. I cannot take ANY restrictions off of my laptop!!

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Jan 8, 2024
Thema:

I cannot take ANY restrictions off of my laptop!!

1. I cannot take ANY restrictions off of my laptop!! - Similar Threads - cannot restrictions off

2. I cannot take ANY restrictions off of my laptop!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot take ANY restrictions off of my laptop!!: I cannot take ANY restrictions off of my laptop, I'm no longer in a family group, and I don't even have an account if that makes sense, but I still get restrictions, and this has been a problem for months, I've followed everything I've seen online, and all the reviews but...
  3. I cannot take ANY restrictions off of my laptop!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot take ANY restrictions off of my laptop!!: I cannot take ANY restrictions off of my laptop, I'm no longer in a family group, and I don't even have an account if that makes sense, but I still get restrictions, and this has been a problem for months, I've followed everything I've seen online, and all the reviews but...
  4. i need help, I cannot find where to remove child restrictions on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help, I cannot find where to remove child restrictions on my laptop: I followed the instructions to remove all child restrictions from my laptop. At one time my school aged daughter was using my computer for school related school assignments, and we needed to control access to the internet for this reason.She has since graduated, and this...
  5. i need help, I cannot find where to remove child restrictions on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help, I cannot find where to remove child restrictions on my laptop: I followed the instructions to remove all child restrictions from my laptop. At one time my school aged daughter was using my computer for school related school assignments, and we needed to control access to the internet for this reason.She has since graduated, and this...
  6. Restricted Mode is off but things still restricted?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restricted Mode is off but things still restricted?: For some reason restricted mode is off but some videos and all comments are restricted. Any possible way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restricted-mode-is-off-but-things-still-restricted/d677b1f2-3de6-4caf-9cfb-f07b1e846b4d
  7. I cannot turn my laptop's touchpad off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot turn my laptop's touchpad off: And it is making everything so much harder! I tried to google this problem and I haven't found a solution. This started after my last windows 10 update. The option to turn it off under Settings > Devices > Touchpad no longer exists. It disappeared with the update (theory). I...
  8. I can't take ANY of my data folders off READ ONLY.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't take ANY of my data folders off READ ONLY.: The title pretty much says it. It's a disaster for just saving my work, and screws with backups so badly that I've actually disconnected from the cloud. The read-only attribute gets copied with the folders. I've already checked my multiple backup disks, and nothing has been...
  9. WHEN I TAKE OFF MY CHARGER. MY LAPTOP DOES NOT WORK

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    WHEN I TAKE OFF MY CHARGER. MY LAPTOP DOES NOT WORK: THE THING IS THAT WHEN I TAKE OFF MY CHARGER. MY LAPTOP DOES NOT WORK AND IT ONLY WORKS WHEN THE CHARGER IS PLUGGED IN. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-problem/5b9e31fc-c14e-4a1b-a2b3-ef9e44b5ad62"
  10. I want to take driver update off my laptop please.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to take driver update off my laptop please.: I want to take driver update off my laptop please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-take-driver-update-off-my-laptop-please/97eff3d3-2201-4856-9b71-a3fadaf27af4"