Windows 10: I cannot log into my computer. It is asking for PIN

Discus and support I cannot log into my computer. It is asking for PIN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cannot log into my computer. It is asking for PIN how do i reset a pin if i m not logged in and cannot go to settings [ATTACH] * Moved from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IrinaK2, Mar 12, 2021.

1. IrinaK2 Win User

I cannot log into my computer. It is asking for PIN

IrinaK2, Mar 12, 2021

2. pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Lost the ability to log into Windows 10 with PIN

Hi Przemyslaw,

Some system components may be missing or corrupted, causing the problem you are facing to occur. Before we can fully address this, please answer some things so we can understand this better:

• Did this start after updates were installed on the computer?
    • Does the same situation happen when you add a pin as your sign-in option in Windows Settings?

Since you have tried adding the option in Control Panel, let's see if there will be a difference when we do it in Windows Settings. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Add.

You can also try the suggestions posted by John Rubdy on this

page

Let us know if the steps above help you set up a PIN on your computer.

Regards.

Ruz San, Mar 12, 2021
  4. I cannot log into my computer. It is asking for PIN

Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

I cannot log into my computer. It is asking for PIN

1. I cannot log into my computer. It is asking for PIN - Similar Threads - cannot log computer

2. How do I log into my computer, when its asking me to reset pin, unable to reset pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I log into my computer, when its asking me to reset pin, unable to reset pin?: Due to a long and series of unfortunate events, I have somehow locked myself out of my computer. I am rather upset, as it seems the pin function was somehow reset. Now I have to log into a Microsoft account, which the email for that account was deleted. Old school email. How...
  3. How do I log into my computer, when its asking me to reset pin, unable to reset pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I log into my computer, when its asking me to reset pin, unable to reset pin?: Due to a long and series of unfortunate events, I have somehow locked myself out of my computer. I am rather upset, as it seems the pin function was somehow reset. Now I have to log into a Microsoft account, which the email for that account was deleted. Old school email. How...
  4. I cannot Log-in to computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot Log-in to computer: I set up facial recognition and fingerprint. My computer suddenly will not use any of those to sign me on, only requiring the PIN and I don’t remember the PIN. There are limited options on my screen. It does not allow me to reset the PIN, only a catch phrase, which I don’t...
  5. I cannot Log-in to computer

I cannot Log-in to computer: I set up facial recognition and fingerprint. My computer suddenly will not use any of those to sign me on, only requiring the PIN and I don’t remember the PIN. There are limited options on my screen. It does not allow me to reset the PIN, only a catch phrase, which I don’t...
  6. I cannot log into my computer with my PIN or finger print, can log in with password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot log into my computer with my PIN or finger print, can log in with password: I cannot log into my computer with my PIN or finger print, can log in with password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-log-into-my-computer-with-my-pin-or/ce462df4-a23d-4d93-8432-c532f83bb2b1
  7. I cannot log into my computer with my PIN or finger print, can log in with password

I cannot log into my computer with my PIN or finger print, can log in with password: I cannot log into my computer with my PIN or finger print, can log in with password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-log-into-my-computer-with-my-pin-or/ce462df4-a23d-4d93-8432-c532f83bb2b1
  8. Pin not recognized, cannot log into my laptop

Pin not recognized, cannot log into my laptop: My colleague's login Pin is not working, she has been using this for a couple of months now with no issues! When she tries to reset her Pin, a validation code is being sent, but it is being sent to her old phone, she now has a new number, but can't change this in her...
  9. I cannot log into my windows on my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot log into my windows on my computer: Please help. It is asking for my PIN and I don't have it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-log-into-my-windows-on-my-computer/3f1d2277-235e-430b-9b2c-c69ca34ea978
  10. I sign into my computer with a PIN, but recovery is asking for a password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I sign into my computer with a PIN, but recovery is asking for a password: I am trying to run the Windows repair tool from the recovery console, and it asks for my password. I sign in with a PIN, so I put that in. It tells me it is wrong. So I try my Microsoft password. It still says it's wrong. How do I get into the console if it keeps telling...