Windows 10: I called a scam tech support number. What should I do?

Discus and support I called a scam tech support number. What should I do? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was in my browser when my computer suddenly locked up with a Windows Security warning message. I couldn't close the message or do anything with my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by C. Mil, Aug 30, 2024.

1. C. Mil Win User

I called a scam tech support number. What should I do?

I was in my browser when my computer suddenly locked up with a Windows Security warning message. I couldn't close the message or do anything with my laptop and an audio warning was playing on loop in my headphones. I called the number on the screen and someone claiming to be Microsoft support answered. They had me download UltraViewer I have since uninstalled it and asked my IP address. The only personal information I gave them was my zip code, the name of my bank, and the first number of my card, but that is all. So, they have my laptop IP address, my zip code, bank name, and the first numb

:)

C. Mil, Aug 30, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

New tech support scam launches communication or phone call app

Source: New tech support scam launches communication or phone call app Windows Security blog

Brink, Aug 30, 2024
  3. Jsssssssss, Aug 30, 2024
  4. Smeed Win User

Smeed, Aug 30, 2024
Thema:

1. I called a scam tech support number. What should I do? - Similar Threads - called scam tech

2. I called a scam tech support number. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I called a scam tech support number. What should I do?: I was in my browser when my computer suddenly locked up with a Windows Security warning message. I couldn't close the message or do anything with my laptop and an audio warning was playing on loop in my headphones. I called the number on the screen and someone claiming to be...
  3. I called a scam tech support number. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I called a scam tech support number. What should I do?: I was in my browser when my computer suddenly locked up with a Windows Security warning message. I couldn't close the message or do anything with my laptop and an audio warning was playing on loop in my headphones. I called the number on the screen and someone claiming to be...
  4. Tech support scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tech support scam: Unfortunately, when I was at work yesterday, my wife fell for a tech support scam. There were "microsoft-looking" pop ups indicating the computer was hacked, there was a robot voice giving a warning, and there were instructions to call a number, which she did. She was on the...
  5. Tech support scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tech support scam: Unfortunately, when I was at work yesterday, my wife fell for a tech support scam. There were "microsoft-looking" pop ups indicating the computer was hacked, there was a robot voice giving a warning, and there were instructions to call a number, which she did. She was on the...
  6. tech support scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tech support scam: We are working to clear up a tech support scam. The scammer was connected to us after calling the number listed for MS tech support. Here is the contact infor for the person we talked to who ran us through a scan using UltraView software. After that the person transferrred us...
  7. I think I'm a victim of Tech support scam. What should I do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think I'm a victim of Tech support scam. What should I do?: I think I'm a victim of Tech support scam. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-im-a-victim-of-tech-support-scam-what/c6a2f669-5746-4529-8046-b3c27aea752e
  8. Tech Support Scam

Tech Support Scam: I fell for a tech support scam a long time ago and the refund overpayment scam I got my money back for the refund scam and now ever since December 2019, they have been ringing me non-stop. Tried blocking the numbers nut they always ring back on different numbers. Any advice?...
  9. tech support scams

tech support scams: What if someone did give remote access to one of these tech support scams? What can they expect and what do they do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/tech-support-scams/6cf84899-3796-4dda-a0d6-d9f1eaad6b41
  10. Tech support scam?

Tech support scam?: Hello everyone. I have received 3 calls this morning from an uknown number. On the first 2 after hearing "hello" i hung up. I live in Greece and thought that it was a mistake. They called a third time in which i talked to them. They told me that they were calling from...