Windows 10: I bought tax software from Amazon H&R Block and it downloaded no problem. I can’t seem to...

Discus and support I bought tax software from Amazon H&R Block and it downloaded no problem. I can’t seem to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried rebooting my laptop, turning off firewall, checked my apps can be from “anywhere”. The “permission“ menu comes up and I click “yes” and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JillGusler, Feb 9, 2024.

1. I bought tax software from Amazon H&R Block and it downloaded no problem. I can’t seem to...

I tried rebooting my laptop, turning off firewall, checked my apps can be from “anywhere”. The “permission“ menu comes up and I click “yes” and then nothing happens. Help? Please!Jill G

:)

JillGusler, Feb 9, 2024
  2. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] on Directly, Feb 9, 2024
  3. lmtodd51 Win User
    Windows 11 Blocks H&R Block Software Connection

I talked to H&R Block support today and they said that their software would not run with Windows 11. They are working on it. Anyway, I got a refund of my purchase and just bought TurboTax Cut. So, the problem is with H&R Block's software. Wonder why they did not test their software with a pre-release version of Windows 11?

lmtodd51, Feb 9, 2024
  4. I bought tax software from Amazon H&R Block and it downloaded no problem. I can’t seem to...

No connection between H&R Block software and server

Hi mariner blue,

Thank you for responding.

Yes, you are correct. We can only tell that this is a problem with Windows 10 when all of the websites that you are trying to access have the same error. And I agree, this has something to do with the settings or something with the configuration of the network that this specific software would allow. Since this is a third party software, we only have limited resources but don't worry we will try our best.

I went to H&R Block Technical Support website and found the recommended troubleshooting for this error. I understand that you have done this already as you mentioned above, but kindly try to double-check and confirm if everything has already been performed.

https://www.hrblock.com/tax-center/support/software/technical-issues-software/fix-ssl-error/?amp/

Also, I'm not sure if you are using Verizon network but I have found this article from their Tech Community and solved other people who are having the same error.

Solved: Re: SSL Error with H & R Block Tax software

If you could, please check the Proxy configuration of your Windows 8.1 PC and make sure it is the same with Windows 10.

In case we need to do further troubleshooting, please allow us to ask the following:

1. Are you connected to your home internet network? Or your work domain?
    2. Can we ask the exact version and edition of Windows 10 running on this computer?

You can send us a screenshot of your WINVER, to do so;
      1. Press Windows Key + R
      2. At the Run dialog box, type WINVER
      3. Hit OK or Enter
      4. It should show the Windows information.
    We look forward for your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

I hope I was able to help you today.

Best regards,

Microsoft Community Advocate

Mara May M, Feb 9, 2024
Thema:

I bought tax software from Amazon H&R Block and it downloaded no problem. I can’t seem to...

1. I bought tax software from Amazon H&R Block and it downloaded no problem. I can’t seem to... - Similar Threads - bought tax software

2. I bought tax software from Amazon H&R Block and it downloaded no problem. I can’t seem to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought tax software from Amazon H&R Block and it downloaded no problem. I can’t seem to...: I tried rebooting my laptop, turning off firewall, checked my apps can be from “anywhere”. The “permission“ menu comes up and I click “yes” and then nothing happens. Help? Please!Jill G...
  3. I bought tax software from Amazon H&R Block and it downloaded no problem. I can’t seem to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought tax software from Amazon H&R Block and it downloaded no problem. I can’t seem to...: I tried rebooting my laptop, turning off firewall, checked my apps can be from “anywhere”. The “permission“ menu comes up and I click “yes” and then nothing happens. Help? Please!Jill G...
  4. "Windows 11 Home in S mode" If I buy a TurboTax or H&R Block tax software CD, will it let...

"Windows 11 Home in S mode" If I buy a TurboTax or H&R Block tax software CD, will it let...: I just bought my first computer having "Windows 11 Home in S mode". If I buy a TurboTax or H&R Block tax software CD, will it let me install without canceling S mode? I tried installing software directly from the H&R Block but didn't want to cancel S mode. Wondering if using...
  5. Windows 11 Blocks H&R Block Software Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Blocks H&R Block Software Connection: I updated to Windows 11 and now H&R Block software gets error cannot connect to server. I can file and I cannot update. Problem is with Windows 11 AND NOT H&R Block. I already verified with H&R Block. Everything was working fine for the past 7 years with Windows 10. I tried...
  6. Windows 11 Blocks H&R Block Software Connection

Windows 11 Blocks H&R Block Software Connection: I updated to Windows 11 and now H&R Block software gets error cannot connect to server. I can file and I cannot update. Problem is with Windows 11 AND NOT H&R Block. I already verified with H&R Block. Everything was working fine for the past 7 years with Windows 10. I tried...
  7. No connection between H&R Block software and server

No connection between H&R Block software and server: Hello -- I installed H&R Block 2021 tax software on my new Win10Pro PC. However, I can't activate the software due to: "we're having trouble making the connection between your software and our server". The software will activate on my old Win8.1 PC, so it seems to have...
  8. No connection between H&R Block software and server

in Windows 10 Customization
    No connection between H&R Block software and server: Hello -- I installed H&R Block 2021 tax software on my new Win10Pro PC. However, I can't activate the software due to: "we're having trouble making the connection between your software and our server". The software will activate on my old Win8.1 PC, so it seems to have...
  9. H&R block business software 2018 and 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    H&R block business software 2018 and 2019: I have been using this program for years and all of sudden get this error message. Seems to have happened after a Windows update. This is the error and program will not open, have tried so many different things. Session Summary Information: Date/Time: 10/18/20 1:52:44 PM...
  10. H&R tax sotware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    H&R tax sotware: it will not activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hr-tax-sotware/c4f43956-81b2-4bdc-9e1b-91f7c43e5287