Windows 10: I am unable to update windows, ran some usual commands but dism doesn't finish

Discus and support I am unable to update windows, ran some usual commands but dism doesn't finish in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've ran the following commandsdism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealthdism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealthdism /online /cleanup-image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Harlee T, Jul 17, 2024.

1. Harlee T Win User

I am unable to update windows, ran some usual commands but dism doesn't finish

I've ran the following commandsdism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealthdism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealthdism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthsfc /scannow2024-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5040442Install error - 0x80240035Here is a bit from the dism.log as well.2024-07-16 11:42:08, Info DISM DISM Appx Provider: PID=10172 TID=10832 Converting IDismStringCollectionVector. - CAppxManager::ConvertIDismStringCollectionToVector 2024-07-16 11:42:08, Info DISM DISM Appx Provider: PID=10172 TID=10832 Converting

:)

Harlee T, Jul 17, 2024
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

I am unable to update windows, ran some usual commands but dism doesn't finish 233722d1557862791t-windows-doesn-t-start-authomatic-repair-doesn-t-work-hdd-test-1-.png

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 17, 2024
  3. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

I am unable to update windows, ran some usual commands but dism doesn't finish 236314d1559833470t-scanner-doesn-t-work-anymore-after-last-windows-10-update-meldung-22.jpg

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Jul 17, 2024
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile I am unable to update windows, ran some usual commands but dism doesn't finish :)

Thema:

1. I am unable to update windows, ran some usual commands but dism doesn't finish - Similar Threads - unable update ran

2. I am unable to update windows, ran some usual commands but dism doesn't finish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to update windows, ran some usual commands but dism doesn't finish: I've ran the following commandsdism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealthdism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealthdism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthsfc /scannow2024-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5040442Install error -...
  3. In windows updates, when I check for updates there is this one that doesn't finish and is...

In windows updates, when I check for updates there is this one that doesn't finish and is...: this hawlett packard thing wont go away and i dont know if its affecting my laptop or not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-updates-when-i-check-for-updates-there/9ea90ead-adc6-49b9-99f7-5883a7c2dc95
  4. dism command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dism command: Hi so when i did dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup it stopsnon 20% and says it done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-command/a622031b-1790-4347-b76c-75d4a06b7d0b
  5. dism command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dism command: Hi so when i did dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup it stopsnon 20% and says it done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-command/a622031b-1790-4347-b76c-75d4a06b7d0b
  6. dism command

7. DISM command /RestoreHealth unable to find source files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM command /RestoreHealth unable to find source files: I am unable to perform SFC Scan or DISM Restore Health Successfully.Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Build 19043.1083. sfc /scannow finds corruption its unable to fix.DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Results in "The component store is repairableDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  8. DISM commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM commands: I am attempting to repair an external drive connected to this computer. In command prompt, administrator level, I entered the command "dism /Image:f:\ /cleanup-image /restorehealth" and it returned the message "Error 126; An Error occurred while attempting to start the...
  9. I am unable to customize Command Prompt.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am unable to customize Command Prompt.: Hello, I have a problem when customizing Command Prompt for some reason. I chose my colors and everything, but when I wanted to apply it, an error message popped up saying: "Unable to modify the shortcut: C:\users\[me]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start...
  10. Windows 10 doesn't finish the update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 doesn't finish the update: Hello, I have Windows 10.0.18356.1 and try to update to Windows 10.0.18362.1. The system is going through "configuring update", then through "getting things ready" and then suddenly restarts and logs to my account, without finishing the update. It says that update failed...