Windows 10: I am unable to play movie on DVD.

Discus and support I am unable to play movie on DVD. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I installed a DVD movie only to discover that there is no longer a Media Player. What happened? Does this now mean I now have to throw away my 200+... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Karen1941, Jul 4, 2024.

1. Karen1941 Win User

I am unable to play movie on DVD.

I installed a DVD movie only to discover that there is no longer a Media Player. What happened? Does this now mean I now have to throw away my 200+ DVDs.

:)

Karen1941, Jul 4, 2024
  2. Geethu B Win User

Unable to play movies on DVD

Hi Mary,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What exactly you mean by "play it on the DVD player"? Does the issue occur while copying the moving to a DVD and then playing it on the computer?
    • Did you tried playing the DVD on a different computer?

You may try to copy movie on a different DVD (different brand) and check if it helps.

Reply with required details which will help us to analyze and assist you in a better way.

Geethu B, Jul 4, 2024
  3. i can not play dvd or movies in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to play dvd movies on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the error message you get when you try to play the dvd movies?

• Which application or program are you using to play the movies?

• Did you try to use the DVD Player app?

Reply to us with more information to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 4, 2024
  4. I am unable to play movie on DVD.

Unable to play movie in Windows 10 DVD Player

Hi Michaela,

Thank you for updating on the status. We apologize for the delay in response.

I would like to ask if the movie is in a Blu-ray disc.

I suggest you to update the DVD/CD driver by following the steps below and check for status.

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 4, 2024
Thema:

I am unable to play movie on DVD.

1. I am unable to play movie on DVD. - Similar Threads - unable play movie

2. I am unable to play movie on DVD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to play movie on DVD.: I installed a DVD movie only to discover that there is no longer a Media Player. What happened? Does this now mean I now have to throw away my 200+ DVDs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-play-movie-on-dvd/b18375fe-51ef-4a71-800a-0097b719e0a7
  3. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's: I have an HP Pavilion 23 all in one. When I insert a DVD it will not play. All drivers are up to date. I can insert a CD and it will play and I can transfer the music I choose to my music library but it does not play a DVD. Why would this happen?...
  4. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's: I have an HP Pavilion 23 all in one. When I insert a DVD it will not play. All drivers are up to date. I can insert a CD and it will play and I can transfer the music I choose to my music library but it does not play a DVD. Why would this happen?...
  5. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

6. I am unable to watch a movie I bought

I am unable to watch a movie I bought: every time I try to watch the movie I purchased and I am unable to watch it and get an error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-watch-a-movie-i-bought/9e7c2923-cd3f-4951-83e8-db418634cdc4
  7. external dvd (whizzo tech) movie to play

in Windows 10 Customization
    external dvd (whizzo tech) movie to play: I plugged in the external dvd drive and can not play the movie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-whizzo-tech-movie-to-play/3a1d24cb-ecc9-4c1a-8d0b-6c07de6a0aab
  8. playing dvd videos and movies on pc

playing dvd videos and movies on pc: Videos on dvd do not play on my windows 10 pc; only files are shown. How to get auto play going? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-dvd-videos-and-movies-on-pc/3dee7e4c-fc5c-4706-a0b6-ca90a21ea395
  9. Auto Play DVD Movie is not working

Auto Play DVD Movie is not working: I went thru a recent upgrade, and now cannot get the display for the auto play dvd option. Can you please help and find out what I can do to get this feature back? Margie...
  10. DVD won't play movies on my notebook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD won't play movies on my notebook: I have a HP Envy Laptop Windows 10. I have a portable LG DVD player. It will not play movies. It recognizes the DVD player will not play the movie. I have several DVD players installed and none of them will play the movie... HELP...