Windows 10: I am unable to play ANY multiplayer game outside of steam. I have to make a new microsoft...

Discus and support I am unable to play ANY multiplayer game outside of steam. I have to make a new microsoft... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use Origin, Roblox, and Steam. I can only play Offline games on Origin, I can uninstall Roblox then reinstall, then play ONCE. I can also run online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Insert_name_lol, Feb 12, 2022.

1. I am unable to play ANY multiplayer game outside of steam. I have to make a new microsoft...

I use Origin, Roblox, and Steam. I can only play Offline games on Origin, I can uninstall Roblox then reinstall, then play ONCE. I can also run online games on the emulator Bluestacks. I have tried everything From my knowledge with Origin Support and Roblox Support. Origin is just either a black screen or closes on its own after a second. Roblox closes on its own after that one time I can play. I just wanna know, is making a new Microsoft account the ONLY option?

:)

Insert_name_lol, Feb 12, 2022

2. Unable to connect to LAN gaming for multiplayers in Windows 10.

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From your description, I understand you are unable to play multiplayer games on your PC using LAN cable connection.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you get any error message/error code when you try to connect to the games?

• If yes, is the error message/error code you get is same to all the games?

Refer to the section Playing on a local network from the link below and check if it helps:

https://help.mojang.com/customer/portal/articles/429052-how-do-i-play-on-a-multiplayer-server-

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 12, 2022
  3. Steam

Hi Sam,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game that you installed using the Steam Client. It is possible that the app is corrupted or the permission settings are not enabled on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the
    app.

This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

You may visit this
    link
    for the instructions on how to enable app permissions on your PC.

Make sure that you are using an administrator account to launch the app. If you are still experiencing the same issue, remove the
    ClientRegistry.blob file by following the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client and go to the Steam root folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
    • Look for the ClientRegistry.blob file.
    • Make a copy of the file and change it to a different file name. (for example, copy.ClientRegistry.blog)
    • Delete the original file.
    • Launch the Steam Client and run your game again.

If the issue persists, you may relocate the Steam Client by performing the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client app and go to the Steam installation folder.
    • Browse for the installation files that you would like to move.
    • Delete all of the files inside that folder except the SteamApps & Userdata and Steam.exe.
    • You may cut and paste the whole Steam installation folder to a default storage location on your PC.
    • Launch the app again and make sure to log in using your account.

After signing in, you'll need to change the default installation path for the games that you will install in the future. Here's how:

• Launch the Steam Client and go to the Settings
      menu.Select Steam Library Folders from the
      Downloads tab.
    • You may create a new path by selecting Add Library Folder. All future installations will go directly to the newly created path.
    • Right-click on the newly created path and make sure that it is set to default.

If you are still unable to play your games using the Steam Client, we recommend that you contact
    Steam Support directly for additional solutions in fixing the app and its components.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Feb 12, 2022
  4. I am unable to play ANY multiplayer game outside of steam. I have to make a new microsoft...

Free Multiplayer

Hey there,
    ChibuikeFranklin

Welcome to the Microsoft Community forums.

With regards to free multiplayer for Xbox Live, please post to the Xbox UserVoice service here:
    https://xbox.uservoice.com

The community will be able to comment and vote for your suggestion. Please be sure to search for free multiplayer suggestion before making a suggestion of your own.

These forums are for people who would like help, or to discuss, Microsoft products listed on the home page here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com

For information on where to post Xbox Questions that do not fit into this community, please look at my article here:

Finding the right support options, for problems with the Xbox Console and Accessories

A final note, PlayStation users have to pay for online play also I am unable to play ANY multiplayer game outside of steam. I have to make a new microsoft... :) It is only PlayStation 3 users that don't . But ask yourself this: If Microsoft offer free play for online multiplayer, how would you fund the servers needed for Xbox Live?

• Higher Game Prices?
    • Higher rental Prices?
    • Less servers and availability?
    • Less servers and sustainability?

Good luck with your suggestion,

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Feb 12, 2022
Thema:

I am unable to play ANY multiplayer game outside of steam. I have to make a new microsoft...

1. I am unable to play ANY multiplayer game outside of steam. I have to make a new microsoft... - Similar Threads - unable play multiplayer

2. Can't play multiplayer on any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play multiplayer on any game: Hi,Can anyone help!! I can't play multiplayer on any of my installed games. It did work but for the last wk or so it's not letting me play online. I can however play Roblox online but that's it. On all the other I get an error message saying can't connect and to go on the...
  3. Can't play multiplayer on any game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't play multiplayer on any game: Hi,Can anyone help!! I can't play multiplayer on any of my installed games. It did work but for the last wk or so it's not letting me play online. I can however play Roblox online but that's it. On all the other I get an error message saying can't connect and to go on the...
  4. I can't play any xbox multiplayer games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't play any xbox multiplayer games: So i got halo mcc on steam a month or so ago and it played on my laptop fine but can't seem to get it to work on my pc same with forza horizon 4Everytime I launch the game it prompts me to log in, i do so and it never connects to the servers it needs to, I got fh4 because I...
  5. I can't play any xbox multiplayer games

I can't play any xbox multiplayer games: So i got halo mcc on steam a month or so ago and it played on my laptop fine but can't seem to get it to work on my pc same with forza horizon 4Everytime I launch the game it prompts me to log in, i do so and it never connects to the servers it needs to, I got fh4 because I...
  6. Unable to play any games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to play any games: Started having issues with my pc 2 days ago. Recently have done the whatcrashed test “On Wed 9/28/2022 7:46:26 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\ MEMORY DMPThis was probably caused by the following module: ntkrImp.exe nt!setjmpex +...
  7. Unable to play any games

Unable to play any games: Started having issues with my pc 2 days ago. Recently have done the whatcrashed test “On Wed 9/28/2022 7:46:26 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\ MEMORY DMPThis was probably caused by the following module: ntkrImp.exe nt!setjmpex +...
  8. I am unable to play ANY multiplayer game outside of steam. I have to make a new microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to play ANY multiplayer game outside of steam. I have to make a new microsoft...: I use Origin, Roblox, and Steam. I can only play Offline games on Origin, I can uninstall Roblox then reinstall, then play ONCE. I can also run online games on the emulator Bluestacks. I have tried everything From my knowledge with Origin Support and Roblox Support. Origin is...
  9. why am i unable to make in game purchases?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    why am i unable to make in game purchases?: read the subject above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-make-in-game-purchases/d6aa55ee-9b65-4a98-9b1c-710fe188e082
  10. i am unable to play most downloaded and installed games on steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am unable to play most downloaded and installed games on steam: It is not letting me play scum or warframe (steam downloaded) game on my windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-play-most-downloaded-and-installed/94d5598c-ae28-4d47-aeb9-c27f437b2f8d