Windows 10: I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it...

Discus and support I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it shows this, The application has failed to start because its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LUBABA ADEEB, Nov 21, 2023.

1. I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it...

I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it shows this, The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

:)

LUBABA ADEEB, Nov 21, 2023

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Acrobat Reader - Adobe Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 21, 2023
  3. Unable to download or open PDF file.

Unable to download or open PDF file.

- a PDF file was sent to from a Hotmail email: I'm unable to download the file from the mail app, when downloaded from the web client, the file is unable to open.

- When i forward the file to a gmail account it open just fine.

So the problem doesn't lie with the file but with the Microsoft mail services

Any advices on what cause the issues ? ? ? or how to resolve it ? ?

Dray A Leo, Nov 21, 2023
  4. Solene R. Win User

I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it...

PDF form not opening on my phone

Hi RKGLF,

I understand that you can't open a PDF form on your Windows Phone. What I suggest:

• Download PDF Reader app: when you open a newly transferred PDF file on Windows Phone, you'll look for the file in the Office Hub and open it from there. Opening the file from the Office Hub makes the PDF Reader app aware that the file exists and from then
      on it will show up in both the Office Hub and the PDF Reader picklist.
    • Download Adobe PDF app: it works in exactly the same way as PDF Reader.
    Hope it helps.

Best regards

Solene R., Nov 21, 2023
Thema:

I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it...

1. I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it... - Similar Threads - unable open downloaded

2. I am unable to open any file in my OneDrive account. It opens in the tab but shows a white...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am unable to open any file in my OneDrive account. It opens in the tab but shows a white...: - My OneDrive is up to date with payments.- None of the files in my account want to open.- When I share a file, the other person can open it.- I am able to download the file onto my laptop.It hasn't worked for a few days and I desperately need the files on my account; and...
  3. I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it...

I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it...: I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it shows this, The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect....
  4. I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it...: I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it shows this, The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect....
  5. i am unable to open almost any program especially .exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i am unable to open almost any program especially .exe: when i try to open downloaded programs i.e., driver updates for my printer etc., i constantly get a msg. from ' user account control, which states ' do you want this app to make changes to your device', but there is only a box that states no, there is no box stating yes,...
  6. My laptop doesn't open any apps whenever i restart it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop doesn't open any apps whenever i restart it.: I've had this issue since i i updated my windows to version 2004, i have trouble connecting to WiFi, opening apps specially the settings app and I can't search. Please help.....
  7. Cannot open any PDF File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open any PDF File: I upgraded to Microsoft Edge yesterday 9 June. Today I tried to open a PDF file and get the error: Windows cannot find C:\Users\johnb\OneDrive\Desktop\APAM Registration as of 6 June.pdf. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. I am actually clicking on the...
  8. unable to open any downloads like PDF files.

unable to open any downloads like PDF files.: I have been having problems with my Lenovo laptop where it isn't letting me open any files what so ever. it always says virus detected. I am a college student and I need some files to open in order for me to do my work. I tried searching in setting if there was anything that...
  9. I am unable download and install any softwere

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am unable download and install any softwere: I have some Screenshots. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-download-and-install-any-softwere/2684071a-cd89-4c7f-8626-c216eb4021e9
  10. Unable to download PDFs on any browser

Unable to download PDFs on any browser: For the past couple of days I have been unable to download PDFs from a link on any browser using my primary account on my PC. This applies to Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. When I left-click on a link to a PDF, I get one of two responses: Waiting for 127.0.0.1... Waiting for...