Windows 10: I am unable to change the default program for DVD player.

Discus and support I am unable to change the default program for DVD player. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Have tried using Control Panel as well as the 'Settings icon' when clicking on the Start button.Have also tried telling autoplay to ask me every time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ann Milner, Jul 3, 2024 at 12:52 AM.

1. I am unable to change the default program for DVD player.

Have tried using Control Panel as well as the 'Settings icon' when clicking on the Start button.Have also tried telling autoplay to ask me every time but it doesn't.How do I change default? None of the suggestions in another closed thread help

:)

2. How can I change the default video player to something that isnt in the list of suggested programs

I want to change the default win10 video player to something that isnt in the list of suggested programs.

3. Change default media player in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forums.

As per description you like to change the default program for your media player.

Follow the steps for changing the default program.

• Press Windows key + X key
    • Select Control Panel and Click on Default Programs

• Change the default programs for your player
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jul 3, 2024 at 12:53 AM
  4. RickRS Win User

I am unable to change the default program for DVD player.

Unable to change default program

I'm unable to change my wmv file player or the program that I use to open zip files. I'm wanting to change them to media player classic and 7zip, but nothing happens upon switching their default program. For wmv files, I use choose another app, check to always use media player classic, but it still uses the default windows player. Similar results for zip files. Same thing happens when changing it through properties. I tried changing default apps in windows 10 settings as well, but media player classic and 7zip don't show as options.

Thema:

I am unable to change the default program for DVD player.

1. I am unable to change the default program for DVD player. - Similar Threads - unable change default

2. I am unable to change the default program for DVD player.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to change the default program for DVD player.: Have tried using Control Panel as well as the 'Settings icon' when clicking on the Start button.Have also tried telling autoplay to ask me every time but it doesn't.How do I change default? None of the suggestions in another closed thread help...
  3. Unable to Change Default Program for File Type

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Change Default Program for File Type: Hi, I'm having trouble changing the default program associated with a specific file type on my Windows 10 computer. Whenever I try to change it via the "Open with" option or through the Control Panel, the changes don't take effect. The file type remains associated with the...
  4. I am unable to change my default program for .bat files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to change my default program for .bat files: When I type .bat into set defaults for file types nothing comes up.I've always been able to do this in other versions of windows.I do have a .bat file on my hard drive....
  5. I am unable to change my default program for .bat files

I am unable to change my default program for .bat files: When I type .bat into set defaults for file types nothing comes up.I've always been able to do this in other versions of windows.I do have a .bat file on my hard drive....
  6. I am unable to change default cd player to itunes

I am unable to change default cd player to itunes: I am unable to change to default player to itunes. I have tried all ways shown but windows medial player continues to open when I insert a disc...
  7. DVD Player missing program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Player missing program: Hi, Since the January 2021 update my DVD player will not work. I get a message that says the program is missing. Windows Media Player is working fine. I can play CD's but not DVD's. Yes, I still watch DVD movies, I own over 100 of them and since we are on lockdown, I...
  8. setting a default dvd player when a dvd is inserted

setting a default dvd player when a dvd is inserted: Ok. Here's the deal. Please read this carefully, as I am not talking about file types, I am talking about disk types. Windows 7 had a feature that would detect the content of any removable media placed in an optical drive and would ask you what to do with it. In Fact, it...
  9. Unable to play DVD’s in Windows DVD Player

Unable to play DVD’s in Windows DVD Player: Закупих и инсталирах посоченото по-горе приложение,но въпреки това не мога да възпроизвеждам DVD.Не знам защо сте изтеглили сумата 31 лв два пъти.Моля да ми възстановите сума от 62 лв. С...
  10. Unable to change default program

Unable to change default program: I'm unable to change my wmv file player or the program that I use to open zip files. I'm wanting to change them to media player classic and 7zip, but nothing happens upon switching their default program. For wmv files, I use choose another app, check to always use media...