Windows 10: I am trying to delete photos

Discus and support I am trying to delete photos in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to delete photos on my newly acquired laptop. I was able to do so, just fine, the other day and now I cannot. I keep getting error message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kristin Senter, Feb 10, 2023.

1. I am trying to delete photos

I am trying to delete photos on my newly acquired laptop. I was able to do so, just fine, the other day and now I cannot. I keep getting error message that I cannot delete because they are being accessed by another app or that I do not have access to delete or something like that. I am the only user of both my phone and laptop. I even tried turning the phone off and that did not help. What the heck?

:)

Kristin Senter, Feb 10, 2023
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 10, 2023
  3. Deleting photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app or other app?

If you are referring to Photo app, follow the below steps and check.

[*]1. In the Photos app, go to the folder with the files you want to delete.
    [*]2. Do one of the following:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos and videos, swipe down on or right-click the files you want to delete. You can also tap or click
      Select all.
    • If you open a photo or video, swipe up from the bottom or right-click to see the app commands.

3. Tap or click
    Delete.

You can also delete photos using the Camera app, the OneDrive app, or File Explorer.

The above steps are the only way to delete the photos.

If you are referring to a different app or form different location, help us with more information.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 10, 2023
  4. I am trying to delete photos

Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Feb 10, 2023
Thema:

I am trying to delete photos

1. I am trying to delete photos - Similar Threads - trying delete photos

2. I am trying to recover a Word download I accidently deleted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am trying to recover a Word download I accidently deleted.: What do I type in the windows file recovery to recover this file. The download is titled C;\users\megan\downloads\practice experience record 481.docx...
  3. I am trying to recover a Word download I accidently deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to recover a Word download I accidently deleted.: What do I type in the windows file recovery to recover this file. The download is titled C;\users\megan\downloads\practice experience record 481.docx...
  4. I am trying to recover a Word download I accidently deleted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i am trying to download photos from deposit photos jpeg but wont show photo just coding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am trying to download photos from deposit photos jpeg but wont show photo just coding: i am trying to download photos from deposit photos jpeg but wont show photo just coding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-download-photos-from-deposit-photos/9e565626-4927-42eb-8c71-96bedfaf28d3
  6. I am trying to delete photos

I am trying to delete photos: I am trying to delete photos on my newly acquired laptop. I was able to do so, just fine, the other day and now I cannot. I keep getting error message that I cannot delete because they are being accessed by another app or that I do not have access to delete or something like...
  7. I am trying to import photos from my phone to Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to import photos from my phone to Photos app: Hi, The photos app appears stuck at finding photos. It found 1056 but it will not go to the next stage where I can select which photos to import. Action I took before asking:1. I used the Windows store app trouble shooter.2. I went to Apps & features to select Microsoft...
  8. I am trying to import photos from my phone to Photos app

I am trying to import photos from my phone to Photos app: Hi, The photos app appears stuck at finding photos. It found 1056 but it will not go to the next stage where I can select which photos to import. Action I took before asking:1. I used the Windows store app trouble shooter.2. I went to Apps & features to select Microsoft...
  9. I am trying to recover a file that was accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to recover a file that was accidentally deleted: I am trying to find a file that was accidentally deleted are possibly renamed when my wife tried to move it to a different location and cannot find the file and she also rebooted the computer...
  10. When I am trying to open the microsoftapps such as Photos, it is not working. It is just...

When I am trying to open the microsoftapps such as Photos, it is not working. It is just...: When I am trying to open the microsoftapps such as Photos, it is not working. It is just blinking. Sometimes the start button also doesn't work and task bar is not responging. Microsoft apps including store is also not opening....