Windows 10: I am trying factory reset a Asus laptop with Windows 7 and I'm having trouble finding it

Discus and support I am trying factory reset a Asus laptop with Windows 7 and I'm having trouble finding it in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I factory reset an Asus laptop that has Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stacey Wilson, Oct 19, 2024 at 12:42 AM.

1. I am trying factory reset a Asus laptop with Windows 7 and I'm having trouble finding it

How do I factory reset an Asus laptop that has Windows 7

:)

Stacey Wilson, Oct 19, 2024 at 12:42 AM

2. how do i reset a asus laptop to factory settings?

The process of resetting an Asus laptop to factory settings can vary depending on the model and operating system. However, here are the general steps you can follow:

1. Back up your important files and data to an external hard drive or cloud storage as resetting your laptop to factory settings will erase all data.
    2. Press the "F9" key repeatedly while the Asus laptop is booting up. This will take you to the recovery menu.
    3. Select "Restore factory settings" from the menu.
    4. Follow the prompts to confirm the reset process.
    5. Wait for the reset process to complete, which may take several minutes.
    6. Once the reset is complete, your Asus laptop will be restored to its original factory settings.

f9cb21d3-742a-4575-ad83-c3b69db8c106, Oct 19, 2024 at 12:45 AM
  3. TyroneRob Win User
    Asus Laptop W10 factory reset, Don't have password

I recently bought a used asus model e402s on craigslist and it came with the old guys details on it. Ive tried to contact him but he wont respond. I just need to factory reset it. So my problems are:

• I dont have the password
    • I cant do a factory reset from logging in because i dont have the password
    • The laptop doesnt have a cd drive
    • im not a computer tech! lol

TL;DR I need to reset the laptop to factory setting without a password. W10.

Thanks for any help!

4. Diem_P Win User

I am trying factory reset a Asus laptop with Windows 7 and I'm having trouble finding it

Windows 7 Laptop - Cannot reset to factory settings

I have been trying to reset my laptop to sell and followed instructions to reset to factory settings as below

1. Select the category “System and Security” in the control panel.
    2. In the section “Backup and restore” you can find “Recover system settings on your computer” and then click on “Advanced recovery settings”.
    3. Then, you need to click on “Return your computer to factory condition
    I do not have the option Return your computer to factory condition in step 3

Any ideas?

I also have the added challenge that my keyboard does not work as I spilt water on it.

This has taken me hours to try and resolve!!

Any ideas?

Thank you

Thema:

I am trying factory reset a Asus laptop with Windows 7 and I'm having trouble finding it

1. I am trying factory reset a Asus laptop with Windows 7 and I'm having trouble finding it - Similar Threads - trying factory reset

2. I am trying factory reset a Asus laptop with Windows 7 and I'm having trouble finding it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying factory reset a Asus laptop with Windows 7 and I'm having trouble finding it: How do I factory reset an Asus laptop that has Windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-factory-reset-a-asus-laptop-with/7908de5b-eaf4-4d37-ac6b-08a42ad03b6b
  3. Having trouble factory resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble factory resetting: I traded a laptop for a pc with my brother and been trying to get it to factory reset I gotten a error then the search bar and the window start stopped working tried repair but also got a error and got no clue what to do now...
  4. Having trouble factory resetting

Having trouble factory resetting: I traded a laptop for a pc with my brother and been trying to get it to factory reset I gotten a error then the search bar and the window start stopped working tried repair but also got a error and got no clue what to do now...
  5. Having trouble factory resetting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter: I found an old Asus netbook with Windows 7 Starter, and I don't remember my password. I don't use it anymore, so I would like to do a factory reset and then give the netbook to someone who might enjoy it. I have tried rebooting it into recovery mode, but it is still requiring...
  7. Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter

Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter: I found an old Asus netbook with Windows 7 Starter, and I don't remember my password. I don't use it anymore, so I would like to do a factory reset and then give the netbook to someone who might enjoy it. I have tried rebooting it into recovery mode, but it is still requiring...
  8. i am trying to find reset to factory settings on windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am trying to find reset to factory settings on windows 8: hi i am trying to restore to factory settings on window 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-find-reset-to-factory-settings-on/65deccdc-85c1-4040-aa1c-a936777931dd
  9. i am trying to find reset to factory settings on windows 8

i am trying to find reset to factory settings on windows 8: hi i am trying to restore to factory settings on window 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-find-reset-to-factory-settings-on/65deccdc-85c1-4040-aa1c-a936777931dd
  10. I'm having trouble finding files

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm having trouble finding files: Hello, first post here. I have 10 installed and am trying to download files computer to a separate program that opens a browse your files dialog box. The folders in the dialog box are the same ones where the files are on the computer but they don't appear in the folders in...