Windows 10: I am not able to uninstall PowerToys from my system.

Discus and support I am not able to uninstall PowerToys from my system. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I thought its uninstallation process will be just like any other application on my system i.e. Control Panel. However, when I checked Control Panel,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnonymousFYIFYI_107, May 19, 2022.

1. I am not able to uninstall PowerToys from my system.

I thought its uninstallation process will be just like any other application on my system i.e. Control Panel. However, when I checked Control Panel, PowerToys is not listed there. Please help me uninstall this application. I have v0.58.0 of the PowerToys application.

:)

AnonymousFYIFYI_107, May 19, 2022
  2. Callender Win User

PowerToys stopped

It sounds like you used the MSI installer to install it then maybe ran a reg cleaner or other system cleaner to clean up Windows Installer?

If so try:

Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows

Download the zip attachment.

I am not able to uninstall PowerToys from my system. [​IMG]

Other than that try msicuu.exe and see if it lists PowerToys. If it does - select for removal.

I am not able to uninstall PowerToys from my system. [​IMG]

Download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility - MajorGeeks

Then reboot and try running the PowerToys setup file again.

Callender, May 19, 2022
  3. powertoys for win10

Hi fpefpe, I am Rob, an independent and a 14 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis. Please remember as independents we are not responsible for the development of Windows or the computer hardware and drivers.
    If you will work with me I will be here to help until the issue is resolved.

PowerToys is now available at Microsoft's GitHub

GitHub - PowerToys

https://github.com/microsoft/PowerToys/tree/b4f...

GitHub - microsoft/PowerToys: Windows system utilities to maximize productivity

Releases · microsoft/PowerToys

Though not officially supported you will find experienced users on Microsoft's TechNet Forums.

TechNet - Windows 10 - General

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-...

Here to help

Rob

moe ee ee e

------

Standard Disclaimer: Those may be non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance. Feedback definitely helps us help all.

Rob B. - MVP, May 19, 2022
  4. I am not able to uninstall PowerToys from my system.

PowerToys update problems

Hello @clayto,

Yes, this all seems to have got out of control.

Deleting software folders and files directly is NOT a good idea. Most [ NOT all though ] have their own built-in uninstallers. Revo Uninstaller [ I have used it for years ] is excellent at uninstalling software. It first allows the built-in software to run its own uninstaller, and then Revo Uninstaller scans for leftover files which can be deleted.

[1] Have you got a System Image prior to the installation of PowerToys that you could Restore back to?
    [2] Is this having an impact on the running and performance of the OS?

I would suggest an In-Place-Upgrade, but I don't think that will really help.

I hope this helps.

Paul Black, May 19, 2022
Thema:

I am not able to uninstall PowerToys from my system.

1. I am not able to uninstall PowerToys from my system. - Similar Threads - able uninstall PowerToys

2. I am not able to shut my system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I am not able to shut my system: i am not able to shut my system and also not able to open cmd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-shut-my-system/fc4c9f73-9090-4cf8-b7d7-b66df3172c1c
  3. I am not able to shut my system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to shut my system: i am not able to shut my system and also not able to open cmd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-shut-my-system/fc4c9f73-9090-4cf8-b7d7-b66df3172c1c
  4. I am not able to shut my system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How am I able to uninstall C++ Redistributables from system with CODE 2503 and 2502?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How am I able to uninstall C++ Redistributables from system with CODE 2503 and 2502?: I am trying to get the newer C++ Red. onto my system, however when uninstalling the packages I am stopped and setup fails due to this message/code:First error:"The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate an issue with this...
  6. How am I able to uninstall C++ Redistributables from system with CODE 2503?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How am I able to uninstall C++ Redistributables from system with CODE 2503?: I am trying to get the newer C++ Red. onto my system, however when uninstalling the packages I am stopped and setup fails due to this message/code:"The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate an issue with this package. Error...
  7. I am not able to uninstall PowerToys from my system.

I am not able to uninstall PowerToys from my system.: I thought its uninstallation process will be just like any other application on my system i.e. Control Panel. However, when I checked Control Panel, PowerToys is not listed there. Please help me uninstall this application. I have v0.58.0 of the PowerToys application....
  8. Can't uninstall powertoys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall powertoys: I can uninstall the software but for some strange reason, it just pops back meaning it gets reinstalled upon a system restart after I uninstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-powertoys/34fe9645-b452-4c00-a920-f25ecef9aba6
  9. Can't uninstall powertoys

Can't uninstall powertoys: I can uninstall the software but for some strange reason, it just pops back meaning it gets reinstalled upon a system restart after I uninstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-powertoys/34fe9645-b452-4c00-a920-f25ecef9aba6
  10. i am not able to uninstall bytefence

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i am not able to uninstall bytefence: i am facig a very big issue...that an unwanted program from microsoft has been loaded to my pc. and because of this i am now getting virus in my pc. So, i wanted a coplete solution for this, Else i'll be claiming to microsoft. thanks muskan *** Email address is removed...