Windows 10: I am not able to shrink free space from my C drive , even when it shows 189 GB free ?

Discus and support I am not able to shrink free space from my C drive , even when it shows 189 GB free ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I wanted to free up space from my C Drive so that I can install ubuntu in the free partition , but when I clicked on the C Drive in the disk management... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sajid Sheikh1, Feb 10, 2023.

1. I am not able to shrink free space from my C drive , even when it shows 189 GB free ?

I wanted to free up space from my C Drive so that I can install ubuntu in the free partition , but when I clicked on the C Drive in the disk management to shrink free space , it shows me only 7000 mb available even when it shows 118 GB free . Can you please suggest me some method so that I can empty up free space ?

:)

Sajid Sheikh1, Feb 10, 2023
  2. AnjaneyaH Win User

Shrinking of C Drive is Not possible

windows 8.1

i have total space of around 220 Gb in C drive which i would like to reduce and transfer the space to other drive. when i tried the 'Shrink' option, it showed available shrink of around 5Gb which reduced the C drive to 215 Gb.

How to further REDUCE the volume in C drive and Transfer the space to Other Drives?

Help me out.

AnjaneyaH, Feb 10, 2023
  3. unable to shrink c drive

hello,

i am unable to shrink my c drive as it is showing not enough space. but as seen in screenshot there is space of 135 gb that can be shrinked and i am entering value less than 135 gb then also it is showing not enough space.. please help..
    I am not able to shrink free space from my C drive , even when it shows 189 GB free ? 6009a3dd-9b65-430b-840c-5b9836ac0996?upload=true.png

angelchristian1, Feb 10, 2023
  4. NjnBat Win User

I am not able to shrink free space from my C drive , even when it shows 189 GB free ?

Unable to shrink the C drive beyond 455 GB

I was trying to partition my 1 TB hard drive in new windows 10 laptop from HP by using disk management tool . I would like to keep the following partition sizes:

C Drive : 200 GB

D Drive : 400 GB

E Drive : 300 GB

However I am unable to proceed as the shrink cannot be beyond 50% and it doesn't allow Volume C to be less than 455 GB.

Will I be able to successfully shrink it to 200 GB in c drive and does it have any disadvantages doing so?

NjnBat, Feb 10, 2023
Thema:

I am not able to shrink free space from my C drive , even when it shows 189 GB free ?

1. I am not able to shrink free space from my C drive , even when it shows 189 GB free ? - Similar Threads - able shrink free

2. I am not able to shrink volume of my C Drive even though alot of space is free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to shrink volume of my C Drive even though alot of space is free: I am not able to shrink volume of my C: Drive even though alot of space is free, I want to reduce the C: Drive to 100GB but it is not working. I am not that good at computer stuff therefore can someone help me out with Step by Step guidance on how to reduce it?I have attached...
  3. I am not able to shrink volume of my C Drive even though alot of space is free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not able to shrink volume of my C Drive even though alot of space is free: I am not able to shrink volume of my C: Drive even though alot of space is free, I want to reduce the C: Drive to 100GB but it is not working. I am not that good at computer stuff therefore can someone help me out with Step by Step guidance on how to reduce it?I have attached...
  4. Why can't I shrink my C drive with all of the space free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I shrink my C drive with all of the space free?: I wanted to create a Dual boot for windows 10 and ubuntu but when I tried to shrink my partition to create some space to install ubuntu. I couldn't shrink the partition even though I have a lot of storage available. Any ways to solve this? Os: windows 10....
  5. Why can't I shrink my C drive with all of the space free?

Why can't I shrink my C drive with all of the space free?: I wanted to create a Dual boot for windows 10 and ubuntu but when I tried to shrink my partition to create some space to install ubuntu. I couldn't shrink the partition even though I have a lot of storage available. Any ways to solve this? Os: windows 10....
  6. Why can't I shrink my C drive with all of the space free?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I have many free space in SSD C drive. But i am not able to shrink volume. Kindly help

I have many free space in SSD C drive. But i am not able to shrink volume. Kindly help: I have many free space in SSD C drive. But i am not able to shrink volume. Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-many-free-space-in-ssd-c-drive-but-i-am-not/1df78ff8-a792-40ba-89cb-957aadd6cab0
  8. I am not able to shrink free space from my C drive , even when it shows 189 GB free ?

I am not able to shrink free space from my C drive , even when it shows 189 GB free ?: I wanted to free up space from my C Drive so that I can install ubuntu in the free partition , but when I clicked on the C Drive in the disk management to shrink free space , it shows me only 7000 mb available even when it shows 118 GB free . Can you please suggest me some...
  9. Free Space opn C: Drive Consistently Shrinking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free Space opn C: Drive Consistently Shrinking: Hello all. I've a good bit of info to get through, so please forgive me.I used to use a Seagate 2TB HDD as my primary drive, partitioned three different ways. I upgraded to a Crucial 1TB SSD about a couple weeks ago now. When I noticed some odd behavior both in the back-up of...
  10. not able to shrink C: even though there is plenty of space free

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    not able to shrink C: even though there is plenty of space free: Some of windows system files got corrupted so i did recover it through recovery drive. Everything was fine until i knew that Windows C: is taking up 500GB of my disk space. I tried shrinking it but it's showing " available space on drive for shrinking : 0mb "..... Total space...