Windows 10: I am facing this error on my windows 11 laptop VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Discus and support I am facing this error on my windows 11 laptop VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have tried restoring to the restore point it show the same BSOD, I tried resetting my laptop still same thing Please Help...OS Name Microsoft Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PrasadT47, May 29, 2022.

1. PrasadT47 Win User

I am facing this error on my windows 11 laptop VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

I have tried restoring to the restore point it show the same BSOD, I tried resetting my laptop still same thing Please Help...OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name RYU47 System Manufacturer Acer System Model Nitro AN515-44 System Type x64-based PC System SKU 0000000000000000 Processor AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics, 2900 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors BIOS Version/Date Insyde Corp. V1.04, 04-02-2021 SMBIOS Version 3.2 Embedded Controller Version 1.02

:)

PrasadT47, May 29, 2022

2. Windows 10 Upgrade Error 11/11/2015

Hi Marianne,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with installing the updates, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Were you able to see any error notification along with the error code?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you able to boot in to the desktop?

This issue might be due to the anti-virus software or corrupted Windows Update Components.

I suggest you to hard reboot the computer and perform the below.

Step 1: Try to eject all the external devices connected to your computer except mouse and keyboard, reboot the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software installed on your device and check for the updates.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

For further reference: How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10
    Installation

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 29, 2022
  3. Video_Dxgkrnl_Fatal_Error

The "Video_Dxgkrnl_Fatal_Error" blue screen is destroying my life; I've an Asus Zenbook UX501, which has two graphic cards, Intel HD Graphics 4600 and Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M. I face this error regularly and more importantly the screen freezes and the
    laptop doesn't restart and I've to force shut it down and then restart it again. I don't know what to do. I've all of my drivers installed and I've set Nvidia as the default graphics card for almost everything on the laptop! I need help please.

HossamHarfoush, May 29, 2022
  4. Geethu B Win User

Scan for hardware changes causes blue screen error VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you to fix the Blue Screen error.

The bug check VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR indicates that the Microsoft DirectX graphics kernel subsystem has detected a violation.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the computer?

Method 1:

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest graphics driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the following article which will help to fix common Blue Screen errors. Check if it helps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 29, 2022
Thema:

1. I am facing this error on my windows 11 laptop VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR - Similar Threads - facing error laptop

2. I am facing the error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am facing the error: windows cannot find 'C:\ProgramFile\WindowsApp\Microsoft.Yourphone_1.23102.126.0_×64__8...\PhoneExperienceHost.exe'.Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again...
  3. I am facing the error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am facing the error: windows cannot find 'C:\ProgramFile\WindowsApp\Microsoft.Yourphone_1.23102.126.0_×64__8...\PhoneExperienceHost.exe'.Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again...
  4. I am facing the error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Hi, I have a HP laptop with windows 11 installed and I am facing an issue on my laptop....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I have a HP laptop with windows 11 installed and I am facing an issue on my laptop....: Hi, I have a HP laptop with windows 11 installed and I am facing an issue on my laptop. When I am doing work on my laptop, my screen randomly goes black for a second and when it comes back the system becomes lagging. It happen after every few hours. I don't know what is the...
  6. I am facing this error on my windows 11 laptop VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

I am facing this error on my windows 11 laptop VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: I have tried restoring to the restore point it show the same BSOD, I tried resetting my laptop still same thing Please Help...OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft...
  7. I am facing error in my windows 11 laptop. when i am trying to open any media files , I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am facing error in my windows 11 laptop. when i am trying to open any media files , I am...: I am facing error in my windows 11 laptop. when i am trying to open any media files , I am facing error like "The specified procedure not found". Do we have any permanent solution for this?I tried to contact laptop service, but there is permanent solution from them as well....
  8. I am facing error in my windows 11 laptop. when i am trying to open any media files , I am...

I am facing error in my windows 11 laptop. when i am trying to open any media files , I am...: I am facing error in my windows 11 laptop. when i am trying to open any media files , I am facing error like "The specified procedure not found". Do we have any permanent solution for this?I tried to contact laptop service, but there is permanent solution from them as well....
  9. I am facing 00x0007b error

I am facing 00x0007b error: I am facing 00x0007b error .i have tried every thing ,updating direct x ,c++,.net etc but its stil not working, i checked direct x logs but every thing is fine i contacted the app developer but even he was not able to solve it plz help...
  10. I am getting BSOD for VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR on unplugged startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am getting BSOD for VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR on unplugged startup: Twice now, I have gotten a VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR bsod at startup when starting up Windows without the AC plugged in. In one case I had unplugged the power shortly after startup, in the other the AC adapter was completely unplugged from the get-go. I have attached V2...