Windows 10: I am enable to use home wifi

Discus and support I am enable to use home wifi in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer was working fine with internet access, while updating the network drivers I got disconnected from my home wifi but the update failed in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Harry Harward, May 18, 2024.

1. I am enable to use home wifi

My computer was working fine with internet access, while updating the network drivers I got disconnected from my home wifi but the update failed in the end. I know people talked about this and found that they had third party VPN running but I don't have any VPN running. I tried using window's troubleshoot but it couldn't identify the problem, uninstall and restart, cmd lines, network reset, nothing worked.

:)

Harry Harward, May 18, 2024

2. i can not enable wifi icon

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about turning on Wi-Fi on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try to turn on Wi-Fi on your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if the Airplane mode is turned on. If so turn it off and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if Network Adapter
    is enabled in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter.
    • Right click on adapter driver, click on Properties.
    • Click on Driver tab and Enable the driver.

Step 3: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. try the troubleshooting steps and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 18, 2024
  3. Wifi limited/disconnected when Bluetooth is enabled on Win10

My Bluetooth connection seems to be interfering with my Wifi connection. The interference persists even if no Bluetooth devices are connected to my system. I'm working on Win10, updated from Win7 a few days ago. I did not have this issue before the update.

Scenario:

• Both Bluetooth and Wifi are off
    • Switch on Wifi
    • Connected to Wifi with full Internet connectivity
    • Switch on Bluetooth
    • Wifi connection changes to limited connectivity (no Internet) or disconnects
    • Disable and re-enable Wifi adapter; alternatively, restart system.
    • Connected to Wifi with full Internet connectivity immediately after reconnect
    • Wifi connection changes to limited connectivity (no Internet) or disconnects, after a short while (<1m)
    • Disable Bluetooth
    • Disable and enable Wifi adapter; alternatively, restart system
    • Connected to Wifi with full Internet connectivity (same as step 3)
    Is anyone else facing the same issue. If yes, is there anything I could do to fix it? My drivers are all up-to-date and I'm working with an Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230 adapter on Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Update: As suggested by Bendito999 here,
    changing the advanced power settings of my Wireless adapter to "Maximum Performance" seems to circumvent the issue. This is however not a hard solution and only serves to work around the problem.

RoneyMichael, May 18, 2024
  4. wpcoe Win User

I am enable to use home wifi

No WiFi in Win10 Pro (1903) Windows Sandbox

I (seemingly) successfully updated my Surface Pro 6 to v.1903 today, and after some initial fumbles enabling it, now have Windows Sandbox enabled and it seems to open just fine. However, there is no WiFi access within Sandbox.

Accessing Settings for Network & Internet, the list on the left is:
    Status
    Ethernet
    Dial-up
    VPN
    Airplane mode
    Date usage
    Proxy
    WiFi appears no place in that window. Network status shows No Internet Access.

What step am I missing to be able to access the internet from within the Sandbox using my computer's WiFi connection?

wpcoe, May 18, 2024
Thema:

I am enable to use home wifi

1. I am enable to use home wifi - Similar Threads - enable home wifi

2. I am enable to use home wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am enable to use home wifi: My computer was working fine with internet access, while updating the network drivers I got disconnected from my home wifi but the update failed in the end. I know people talked about this and found that they had third party VPN running but I don't have any VPN running. I...
  3. I am enable to use home wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am enable to use home wifi: My computer was working fine with internet access, while updating the network drivers I got disconnected from my home wifi but the update failed in the end. I know people talked about this and found that they had third party VPN running but I don't have any VPN running. I...
  4. I cant use my home wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant use my home wifi: I cant use the Wireless Internet at home on my private network but Ethernet works just fine. It connects to the WiFi and everything looks fine but whenever I use a browser or anything that uses network connection. I can load search engine results Page But i cant Open Any of...
  5. I cant use my home wifi

I cant use my home wifi: I cant use the Wireless Internet at home on my private network but Ethernet works just fine. It connects to the WiFi and everything looks fine but whenever I use a browser or anything that uses network connection. I can load search engine results Page But i cant Open Any of...
  6. I cant use my home wifi

7. I am using Dell Inspiron 3584. I am unable to connect to internet using WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using Dell Inspiron 3584. I am unable to connect to internet using WiFi: I am using Dell Inspiron 15 3000 3584. I am unable to connect to internet using WiFi. The Network Adapter is not visible in the Device Manager. Actually one of my friends removed the WLAN Card. Then I plugged it back. BUT I AM NOT ABLE TO USE!I think the WLAN Card has given...
  8. I am using Dell Inspiron 3584. I am unable to connect to internet using WiFi

I am using Dell Inspiron 3584. I am unable to connect to internet using WiFi: I am using Dell Inspiron 15 3000 3584. I am unable to connect to internet using WiFi. The Network Adapter is not visible in the Device Manager. Actually one of my friends removed the WLAN Card. Then I plugged it back. BUT I AM NOT ABLE TO USE!I think the WLAN Card has given...
  9. I am using Dell Inspiron 3584. I am unable to connect to internet using WiFi

10. Can I use home Wifi with Windows10 without purchasing Microsoft Wifi?

Can I use home Wifi with Windows10 without purchasing Microsoft Wifi?: Wifi in windows 10 without buying Microsoft WiFi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-home-wifi-with-windows10-without/a0185311-0c49-4e23-a8b5-1e7f99ef5dd7