Windows 10: I am connected to a 5ghz wifi but speeds are awful

Discus and support I am connected to a 5ghz wifi but speeds are awful in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So when i am connected to 2.4 ghz i m getting around 40mbit/s download speeds, but when i connect to the same wifi but 5 ghz i get 5 mbit/s download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Oleg Pavlov1, Jul 6, 2023.

1. I am connected to a 5ghz wifi but speeds are awful

So when i am connected to 2.4 ghz i m getting around 40mbit/s download speeds, but when i connect to the same wifi but 5 ghz i get 5 mbit/s download and 100mbit/s upload. What could it be?

:)

Oleg Pavlov1, Jul 6, 2023
Thema:

I am connected to a 5ghz wifi but speeds are awful

1. I am connected to a 5ghz wifi but speeds are awful - Similar Threads - connected 5ghz wifi

2. I am connected to a 5ghz wifi but speeds are awful

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am connected to a 5ghz wifi but speeds are awful: So when i am connected to 2.4 ghz i m getting around 40mbit/s download speeds, but when i connect to the same wifi but 5 ghz i get 5 mbit/s download and 100mbit/s upload. What could it be?...
  3. I am connected to a 5ghz wifi but speeds are awful

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am connected to a 5ghz wifi but speeds are awful: So when i am connected to 2.4 ghz i m getting around 40mbit/s download speeds, but when i connect to the same wifi but 5 ghz i get 5 mbit/s download and 100mbit/s upload. What could it be?...
  4. Can't connect to 5GHz WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to 5GHz WiFi: Hi,I am using a dell Inspiron 7501, with an intel wifi adapter that worked perfectly with a 5GHz network when I got it. It also works with a 5GHz network when I do a clean install of windows, however, one day randomly it would stop working and I would have to do a clean...
  5. How to connect to 5ghz wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect to 5ghz wifi: Hi,Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I can't find an answer to the specific problem that I have. My PC can't connect to 5Ghz WIFI, only 2.4. In my WIFI adapters advanced properties, the first three properties are 802.11d, 802.11n channel width for 2.4GHz, and...
  6. WIFI speed drops on 5ghz connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI speed drops on 5ghz connection: Hello,I am recently having a strange issue with my wifi. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 laptop and a 500mbps internet speed, but when I test the speed on the 5ghz connection I get around 200mbps at the start of the test which is of course normal then it immediately falls to...
  7. 5ghz wifi connection

5ghz wifi connection: Hello my wifi adapter is realtek rtl8188ee wireless lan 802.11n pci-e nic this do it support 5ghz wifi connection if yes how can I enable it when I do in device manager and for to network adapter and to to wireless lan and click advantage and try to enable 5 ghz connection...
  8. Can't connect to 5Ghz wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to 5Ghz wifi: Not too sure if this is the right subreddit but I recently added another GPU into my PC build. Before that, I was able to connect both to the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi network. However, when I finished installing the 2nd GPU, the 5Ghz network would show up as "no internet,...
  9. Can't connect to 5ghz wifi

Can't connect to 5ghz wifi: There is no 5 GHz Wifi option in my laptop, but I can connect to it in my other device. I tried everything and look for the solution in this community before but all of them cannot solve my problem. This is my Wifi card: Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3168...
  10. Help connecting to 5Ghz WiFi

Help connecting to 5Ghz WiFi: I am running Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362) and, until recently, had no issues connecting to my 5 Ghz WiFi. My network adapter is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. I am still able to access my 2.4 Ghz, but when connecting to 5 Ghz, I am getting the...