Windows 10: I accidentally uninstalled sata driver

Discus and support I accidentally uninstalled sata driver in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ayush Gupta4, Apr 9, 2024.

1. I accidentally uninstalled sata driver

Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find it in device manager too, i tried to google solutions that might help me in my problem. I've watched a video on YouTube that is somehow related to my problem. I followed it and right after the last suggestion on fixing the problem, it says "uninstalling the sata drivers might help to fix DVD-rom issue" so without second thought i just did it now its totally a nightmare cause after uninstalling the drivers and restarting, my laptop no longer booti

:)

Ayush Gupta4, Apr 9, 2024

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused I accidentally uninstalled sata driver :confused:

oli_ramsay, Apr 10, 2024
  3. I accidentally uninstalled sata driver

Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find it in device manager too, i tried to google solutions that might help me in my problem. I've watched a video on YouTube that is somehow related to my problem. I followed it and right after the last suggestion on fixing the problem, it says "uninstalling the sata drivers might help to fix DVD-rom issue" so without second thought i just did it now its totally a nightmare cause after uninstalling the drivers and restarting, my laptop no longer booting up. Like after pressing the turn on button normally you would see the asus logo now its gone like total black screen and i can't access bios too but the laptop is running i can hear the fan too. I tried to plug it on a computer and it was just fine it boots up but on my laptop it won't

Laptop - DELL INSPIRON 5558

Ayush Gupta4, Apr 10, 2024
  4. I accidentally uninstalled sata driver

Uninstalling A Driver

Hello Zainab,

Issue as such may occur if your device is under a controlled or restricted network. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we’d like to know if your device is connected to a domain run by an organization.

As an alternative, we suggest that you follow the steps below to uninstall driver:

• In the Search box, type Programs
      and Features and press
      Enter
    • Locate the driver that you want to uninstall.
    • Right-click on the driver that you want install and select Uninstall.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts.
    • Once done, restart your device to apply the changes.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Apr 10, 2024
Thema:

I accidentally uninstalled sata driver

1. I accidentally uninstalled sata driver - Similar Threads - accidentally uninstalled sata

2. accidentally uninstalled camera driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accidentally uninstalled camera driver: i got mixed up with update and shut down and uninstall thinkin it would automictically reinstall but now its gone from my list. I searched for hardware changes but it didn't show back up again and I don't know what to do I'm just trying to access my basic webcam on my laptop....
  3. accidentally uninstalled camera driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accidentally uninstalled camera driver: i got mixed up with update and shut down and uninstall thinkin it would automictically reinstall but now its gone from my list. I searched for hardware changes but it didn't show back up again and I don't know what to do I'm just trying to access my basic webcam on my laptop....
  4. What should I do when I accidentally uninstalled SATA driver from device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do when I accidentally uninstalled SATA driver from device manager: Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find it in device manager too, i tried to google solutions that might help me in my problem. I've watched a video on YouTube that...
  5. I accidentally uninstalled sata driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally uninstalled sata driver: Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find it in device manager too, i tried to google solutions that might help me in my problem. I've watched a video on YouTube that...
  6. What should I do when I accidentally uninstalled SATA driver from device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do when I accidentally uninstalled SATA driver from device manager: Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find it in device manager too, i tried to google solutions that might help me in my problem. I've watched a video on YouTube that...
  7. What should I do when I accidentally uninstalled SATA driver from device manager

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I accidentally uninstalled sata driver

in Windows 10 Customization
    I accidentally uninstalled sata driver: Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find it in device manager too, i tried to google solutions that might help me in my problem. I've watched a video on YouTube that...
  9. Accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth driver: Today my Bluetooth headphones suddenly stopped working. After I tried to troubleshoot myself, bluetooth is no longer appearing in the device manager. Here is what happened. - My toggle button for Bluetooth in “Bluetooth and other devices” disappeared and all the devices...
  10. Accidentally uninstalled sound drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally uninstalled sound drivers: Hello. I woke up this morning to find that the sound on my laptop was not working at all so I decided to reset the sound drivers. I followed instructions I got from...