Windows 10: Hz / Display size resetting and brightness not going up

Discus and support Hz / Display size resetting and brightness not going up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; so i decided to use cru to make my windows 11 better cuz its normally at 1366x768 and 40 hz but ever since i used cru to to override to 60 hz and 1920... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Josiah Bostic, Oct 9, 2024 at 7:02 PM.

1. Hz / Display size resetting and brightness not going up

so i decided to use cru to make my windows 11 better cuz its normally at 1366x768 and 40 hz but ever since i used cru to to override to 60 hz and 1920 x 1080 ive been getting EXTREEMEEE fps loss in games that i used to be able to normally run 120 fps in to 20 - 30 fps and everytime i use CRU to reset my settings back to 1366x768 and 40 hz and then run the Restart64 So it can actually do the changes it just goes to 1366x768 40hz for a quick second then goes back to 60 hz 1920x1080 please help, 20 fps is literally unplayable

:)

Josiah Bostic, Oct 9, 2024 at 7:02 PM

2. Problems with the display and brightness

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Let’s try with some steps which helps you resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the Display drivers and check
    if it helps you.

Refer: Uninstall, Reinstall or
    update the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Note: Update all the drivers and also install all the pending updates and check.

Step 2: After installing and Updating refer the below steps to check how to automatically adjust the brightness.

• Press Windows + I keys and select System.
    • Select Display and check the Adjust brightness automatically
    • Restart the machine.
    Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 9, 2024 at 7:10 PM
  3. No brightness control bar is display settings

Thank you for answering the questions. Can you describe to us what you are seeing in the display section? Also, as our initial troubleshooting step, you may try adjusting the screen brightness by going to Power Options. Kindly follow the steps below to check
    this.

• Press Windows key and type "power options".
    • Select Power Options from the results.
    • On the bottom part of the window, you will see the screen brightness slider.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

4. John Sarc Win User

Hz / Display size resetting and brightness not going up

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

Thema:

Hz / Display size resetting and brightness not going up

1. Hz / Display size resetting and brightness not going up - Similar Threads - Display size resetting

2. Hz / Display size resetting and brightness not going up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hz / Display size resetting and brightness not going up: so i decided to use cru to make my windows 11 better cuz its normally at 1366x768 and 40 hz but ever since i used cru to to override to 60 hz and 1920 x 1080 ive been getting EXTREEMEEE fps loss in games that i used to be able to normally run 120 fps in to 20 - 30 fps and...
  3. My monitor keeps coming up that it has 1 hz but i go into device manager and go to display...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My monitor keeps coming up that it has 1 hz but i go into device manager and go to display...: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-keeps-coming-up-that-it-has-1-hz-but-i/a2934803-d3ff-479a-a0a9-4ca40a2f5fe6
  4. My monitor keeps coming up that it has 1 hz but i go into device manager and go to display...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor keeps coming up that it has 1 hz but i go into device manager and go to display...: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-keeps-coming-up-that-it-has-1-hz-but-i/a2934803-d3ff-479a-a0a9-4ca40a2f5fe6
  5. My monitor keeps coming up that it has 1 hz but i go into device manager and go to display...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Monitor going black on 144 hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor going black on 144 hz: Hey, i just bought a new PC with a 4070Ti gigabyte aero edition, when i connected it to my 2 monitors, 1 is 144 hz odyssey g5 and other one is 60, the 144 went completely black and the 60 one kept going on and off. i bought new cables the 144 hz is connected with 2.1 hdmi....
  7. Monitor going black on 144 hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor going black on 144 hz: Hey, i just bought a new PC with a 4070Ti gigabyte aero edition, when i connected it to my 2 monitors, 1 is 144 hz odyssey g5 and other one is 60, the 144 went completely black and the 60 one kept going on and off. i bought new cables the 144 hz is connected with 2.1 hdmi....
  8. Brightness Won't Go Up Or Down.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Won't Go Up Or Down.: When I press my brightness buttons or slide the bar it doesn't do anything this has been happening for about a week. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-wont-go-up-or-down/a9fc79e9-f545-488f-8e22-d1bd737fc8be
  9. Laptop display keeps going back to 39 Hz instead of 60 Hz.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop display keeps going back to 39 Hz instead of 60 Hz.: Whenever I power off my Asus TUF FX505GT and power it on later the display is at 39 Hz and have to manually change it. Is their a setting or something where it keeps it at 60 Hz? I've looked online but couldn't find anything except 144 Hz dual monitors set ups and how they...
  10. brightness keeps going up and down

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness keeps going up and down: screen brightness keep going up and down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-keeps-going-up-and-down/b8d3f12d-5a95-45e7-93c6-d79b3d9de502