Windows 10: Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.

Discus and support Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using windows 11 home and I wanted to use the hyperV, I know it is not available on home editions but I found a blog post and they were advising... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by aghajee, Apr 19, 2024.

1. aghajee Win User

Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.

I am using windows 11 home and I wanted to use the hyperV, I know it is not available on home editions but I found a blog post and they were advising on using a script, I need the hyperV but I dont want to compromise my windows security. are these scripts really a bad option?

:)

aghajee, Apr 19, 2024
  2. Kari Win User

Moving Hyper-V to Another Disk

1. Export the virtual machines to the drive where you want to move them (tutorial).
    2. When all VMs have been exported, delete them in Hyper-V Manager.
    3. When Hyper-V Manager is empty, not showing any VMs, import the previously exported VMs (tutorial). In Option One Step 6 of the tutorial, you need to select Register the virtual machine in-place, or if choosing Option Two in tutorial, select Step 2.
    Easy!

3. JuanMoreno25, Apr 19, 2024
  4. Bree Win User

Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.

No sleep options on Hyper-V

Do you have a specific need to have sleep available in a VM, or is your question just out of curiosity? If you just want to suspend its activity, then 'restore down' to have the VM connection in a window on your host machine. Then Pause is available in the Action menu and on the toolbar.

Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option. 331278d1620164760t-no-sleep-options-hyper-v-hyper-v-pause.png

If you specifically need sleep/hibernate for test purposes then no, neither sleep or hibernation are available to the guest OS in a Hyper-V VM. It is possible to enable hibernation for a Hyper-V VM though....
    How to enable Sleep/Hibernate on a Hyper-V guest VM? - Super User

Sleep is probably not possible, even on a physical machine it requires a video driver that supports Standby (S3). It's unlikely that the 'Microsoft Hyper-V Video' HyperVideo.sys driver does.

Thema:

1. Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option. - Similar Threads - Hyper home using

2. Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.: I am using windows 11 home and I wanted to use the hyperV, I know it is not available on home editions but I found a blog post and they were advising on using a script, I need the hyperV but I dont want to compromise my windows security. are these scripts really a bad option?...
  3. Is scripting to add hyper v to windows 11 home illegal/piracy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is scripting to add hyper v to windows 11 home illegal/piracy?: I'm just curious because I wanted to run bluestacks 5 on my device but it uses win 11 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-scripting-to-add-hyper-v-to-windows-11-home/08d2cbd7-0a6f-4dbc-8992-1c1374f3eb7c
  4. Is scripting to add hyper v to windows 11 home illegal/piracy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is scripting to add hyper v to windows 11 home illegal/piracy?: I'm just curious because I wanted to run bluestacks 5 on my device but it uses win 11 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-scripting-to-add-hyper-v-to-windows-11-home/08d2cbd7-0a6f-4dbc-8992-1c1374f3eb7c
  5. No sleep options on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    No sleep options on Hyper-V: I installed 2 machines on Hyper-V and none of them have the Sleep options under "Power Options". Is there a fix? Thanks 178766
  6. Hyper-V and Win10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V and Win10 Home: Hello - I need to use VMWare to access a database I have, but when I launch VM it tells me VM is not compatible with W10Home. When I first bought the database it came with VMWare and worked as instructed. I started getting an error when I launch VM and it will not open...
  7. Hyper-V on Home Edition

Hyper-V on Home Edition: i'm on Windows 10 20H2 version, build SO 19052.867 Okay, in the Home Edition of Windows 10 Hyper-V is not and cannot be enabled, but then why in System Infornation I see this: [img] and in Windows Features this: [img] and when I start Disk Management I read for a moment:...
  8. Why is Hyper V So bad?

Why is Hyper V So bad?: Been on this for days now, trying to run enhanced session. First ubuntu failed to run enhanced despite trying everything an following every fix, but at least that runs, never had an issue with oracle vm box an installing windows operating systems either. Just spent several...
  9. Why is there no reboot option in Hyper-V?

Why is there no reboot option in Hyper-V?: All I see when I right click my servers is "reset" and there is no reboot option. Reset isn't the same, right? So how can I reboot as opposed to resetting? 72397
  10. Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?

Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?: I have Windows 10 Home - I double checked this under Settings > System > About. Under System Information, I can see that somehow I have Hyper-V (which I read wasn't a feature in Windows 10 Home) enabled. I'm trying to install a Kali VM but I can't disable these features...