Windows 10: Hyper-V failed to start the virtual machine

Discus and support Hyper-V failed to start the virtual machine in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Before updating to Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25905, the virtual machine has been in normal use, and after the recent update, it suddenly found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Giuly_0624, Jul 19, 2023.

1. Hyper-V failed to start the virtual machine

Before updating to Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25905, the virtual machine has been in normal use, and after the recent update, it suddenly found that the normally shut down virtual machine cannot be turned on, and when trying to boot it will throw "Win10 virtual machine cannot start worker process: parameter error 0x80070057 virtual machine ID", of course, the same situation is the same on my other virtual machines such as kali, but the difference is that my kali has done checkpoints, The kali of the last checkpoint is the saved state, that is, it is not shut down, at this point I try

:)

Giuly_0624, Jul 19, 2023
  2. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Jul 19, 2023
  3. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Jul 19, 2023
  4. Hyper-V failed to start the virtual machine

Mark St..., Jul 19, 2023
Thema:

Hyper-V failed to start the virtual machine

1. Hyper-V failed to start the virtual machine - Similar Threads - Hyper failed start

2. Virtual Machine Failed On Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Machine Failed On Hyper-V: Last 3 Years I have discovered a Virtual Machine I used VMware, and VirtualBox, But I Never Tried Hyper-V so I downloaded the Windows XP ISO file, so i added it and started it but it failed, it said that not enough of memory, how do I fix it,...
  3. Virtual Machine Failed On Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machine Failed On Hyper-V: Last 3 Years I have discovered a Virtual Machine I used VMware, and VirtualBox, But I Never Tried Hyper-V so I downloaded the Windows XP ISO file, so i added it and started it but it failed, it said that not enough of memory, how do I fix it,...
  4. Hyper-V failed to start the virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V failed to start the virtual machine: Before updating to Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25905, the virtual machine has been in normal use, and after the recent update, it suddenly found that the normally shut down virtual machine cannot be turned on, and when trying to boot it will throw "Win10 virtual machine...
  5. Problems with starting up virtual machines in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with starting up virtual machines in Hyper-V: Whenever I create a VM to boot to the vHard drive it has always said ">>Start PXE on IPv4 and I even tryed to uncheck "Boot from TPM" or whatever it said and It still never boots the OS. Please help?...
  6. Problems with starting up virtual machines in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with starting up virtual machines in Hyper-V: Whenever I create a VM to boot to the vHard drive it has always said ">>Start PXE on IPv4 and I even tryed to uncheck "Boot from TPM" or whatever it said and It still never boots the OS. Please help?...
  7. Hyper-V virtual machine very slow to start? Speed-up Hyper-V virtual machine!

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V virtual machine very slow to start? Speed-up Hyper-V virtual machine!: [ATTACH]If you have installed Windows 11 in Hyper-V, but the virtual machine is very slow to start, here are some tweaks that might speed it up. Although several things are responsible for this slowness, these common changes might be handy for you. Whether you have installed...
  8. Hyper V not connecting to virtual machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper V not connecting to virtual machine: Suddenly, Hyper V would not connect to any Virtual Machine using the Virtual Machine Connection. I trying creating new VMs and nothing worked. I am using Windows 10 Education....
  9. Hyper-V - Optimizing Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Optimizing Virtual Machines: How to: Hyper-V - Optimizing Virtual Machines Running Windows on a virtual machine can naturally never be as fast as same version of Windows on same computer running on physical hardware. However, by tweaking virtual machine settings, you can greatly impact the speed and...
  10. Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines: Hi, I was wondering if all I really need to do to backup activated virtual machines but not associated virtual hard drives is just to copy the virtual hard drive folder to another drive (or even one drive) . All I am really interested is in saving the machines which have...