Windows 10: HP Spectre x360 Convertible – Model 13-ae052nr – Won’t Boot – Fault with Windows or BIOS,...

Discus and support HP Spectre x360 Convertible – Model 13-ae052nr – Won’t Boot – Fault with Windows or BIOS,... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My HP Spectre x360 Convertible won’t boot. I originally had Windows 10 and I believe I have updated to Windows 11. When I turn it on I get the black HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Frank Bowden, Jul 1, 2024.

1. HP Spectre x360 Convertible – Model 13-ae052nr – Won’t Boot – Fault with Windows or BIOS,...

My HP Spectre x360 Convertible won’t boot. I originally had Windows 10 and I believe I have updated to Windows 11. When I turn it on I get the black HP screen with the little circle turning at the bottom – which can go on for hours. This started after I replaced the fans and was turning it on and off repeatedly to check that the fans were running. I ran a disk check on the hard drive and it seems OK. I’ve created Windows bootable USB flash drives and if I try to repair I get nowhere. I also tried to “install” which started off fine but when it restarted it went back to the black HP screen

:)

Frank Bowden, Jul 1, 2024

2. HP Spectre Model x360 13-ae13dx laptop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to find the Webcam and microphone driver in Device Manager. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What happens when you open the Camera app?
    • Are you not able to see the webcam driver under Imaging devices?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

As per the Product Specifications, Webcam is available in this model:
    HP Spectre x360 - 13-ae013dx Product Specifications

If you are getting the following error "We can't find your camera" Error Displays in Camera App", when opening the camera app, then follow the suggestions from this article:

HP PCs - "We can't find your camera" Error Displays in Camera App (Windows 10)
    . If you are not getting the above message then follow the suggestion from this article:

HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)

Regarding the Microphone issue, we would suggest you to run the
    Audio Troubleshooter listed under Troubleshooting from the

HP website
    once your PC gets detected.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 1, 2024
  3. HP x360 Spectre Windows Hello No Longer Working

Thanks for the suggestion. For reference (for people coming after me trying to find a solution), the steps Lee is suggesting are as follows:

• Device Security > Security Processor Details > Security Processor Troubleshooting > Clear TPM
    Appreciate the help, Lee, but resetting the TPM using the process above didn't work. All it did was make me reset my PIN and sign in again via my Microsoft account. As I mentioned in my initial post, I have an HP Spectre
    x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, so I've been using the drivers found here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-ae000-x360-convertible-pc/16779579

Also as I mentioned, the latest drivers are installed - that's always my first go-to solution (other than turning it off and on again! HP Spectre x360 Convertible – Model 13-ae052nr – Won’t Boot – Fault with Windows or BIOS,... :) ).

Any other suggestions?

MarshallHunt25, Jul 1, 2024
  4. HP Spectre x360 Convertible – Model 13-ae052nr – Won’t Boot – Fault with Windows or BIOS,...

HP Spectre Model x360 13-ae13dx laptop

Do all HP Spectre Model x360 13-ae13dx laptops have built-in webcams and microphones? Cannot find these on device manager, but seems to be physically present, so maybe the output from both just go to China (where my device was made)?

RobertHearn1, Jul 1, 2024
Thema:

HP Spectre x360 Convertible – Model 13-ae052nr – Won’t Boot – Fault with Windows or BIOS,...

1. HP Spectre x360 Convertible – Model 13-ae052nr – Won’t Boot – Fault with Windows or BIOS,... - Similar Threads - Spectre x360 Convertible

2. HP Spectre x360 Convertible – Model 13-ae052nr – Won’t Boot – Fault with Windows or BIOS,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Spectre x360 Convertible – Model 13-ae052nr – Won’t Boot – Fault with Windows or BIOS,...: My HP Spectre x360 Convertible won’t boot. I originally had Windows 10 and I believe I have updated to Windows 11. When I turn it on I get the black HP screen with the little circle turning at the bottom – which can go on for hours. This started after I replaced the fans and...
  3. HP Spectre Model x360 13-ae13dx laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Spectre Model x360 13-ae13dx laptop: Do all HP Spectre Model x360 13-ae13dx laptops have built-in webcams and microphones? Cannot find these on device manager, but seems to be physically present, so maybe the output from both just go to China where my device was made?...
  4. HP Spectre x360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Spectre x360: I installed Outbyte PCRepair on my laptop, and after running, it turned off my laptop to reboot. Now my screen is black and will not turn on, but the laptop turns on. I have tried to reinstall by holding down windows key, B, and power for 1-3 sec. It runs through the...
  5. HP Spectre x360 13-aw0817nz Pen Compatibility

HP Spectre x360 13-aw0817nz Pen Compatibility: Hi, I'm planning on buying a HP Spectre x360 13-aw0817nz yeah, awful long name but it's important. I've seen a lot of confusion about pen compatibility regarding the Spectre line and could not find out even after hours on the internet if this model supports pens HP pens or...
  6. HP Spectre x360 convertible screen brightness problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Spectre x360 convertible screen brightness problems: Hello, I have a screen brightness problem brightness not adjusting that I have been trying to find a fix for more than 6 months now without success. My laptop isHp Spectre x360 - 13-4103dx Engergy Star. I have checked and tried different suggestions as follows1 updating the...
  7. HP Spectre X360 Convertible KEYBOARD Erratic after upgrade

HP Spectre X360 Convertible KEYBOARD Erratic after upgrade: HP Spectre X360 Convertible (first gen) running on a I5-6200U and Win10Pro-1809 installed. I have tried multiple times to upgrade to newer builds of Windows (most recently 1903 and 1909) and each time, everything appears to be fine, EXCEPT the built-in keyboard is erratic and...
  8. New HP Spectre x360 13 debuts

in Windows 10 News
    New HP Spectre x360 13 debuts: [ATTACH] For those who want one device for both their professional and personal pursuits, the new HP Spectre x360 13 emphasizes mobility and security to work anywhere, anytime. The new Spectre has two times the performance of the previous generation [1], and is HP’s first...
  9. HP Spectre x360 convertible

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Spectre x360 convertible: Issue with unintentionally selecting what the cursor pauses over or hovers over https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-spectre-x360-convertible/2b3130e6-c847-4056-900a-7becb47eba11
  10. HP Spectre x360 13-ac064tu - Windows Hello no longer available

HP Spectre x360 13-ac064tu - Windows Hello no longer available: At the start of the week my laptop installed some updates. But now Windows Hello doesn't work. I've tried all the thread using gpedit.msc, uninstalling drivers for the camera, going back to a restore point but still have the issue. On the lock screen I get a message...