Windows 10: HP Pavillion with Windows 11 stuck in tablet mode

Discus and support HP Pavillion with Windows 11 stuck in tablet mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop is stuck in tablet mode so the keyboard does not work at all. I have tried everything and computer a million times, nothing is working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Saidah Burke, Aug 29, 2024.

1. HP Pavillion with Windows 11 stuck in tablet mode

My laptop is stuck in tablet mode so the keyboard does not work at all. I have tried everything and computer a million times, nothing is working

:)

Saidah Burke, Aug 29, 2024

2. HP ENVY stuck in tablet mode

windows 11

HP ENVY x 360

My laptop is stuck in tablet mode and there is no way to directly disable it.

Folding it 360 to tablet and unfolding it back to a laptop does not help.

Rotation Lock is disabled then also tablet mode doesn't turn off.

Satyam Rai, Aug 29, 2024
  3. windows 11 stuck in tablet mode after windows update

HP Elitebook X360 windows 11 stuck in tablet mode after windows update ,before when i use tablet mode keyboard is not working and this is normal, but now windows is all time stuck in tablet mode and also keyboard is working, caps lock key is all time light on. even laptop is closed.

Zied Ben Ali1, Aug 29, 2024
  4. Samu_242 Win User

HP Pavillion with Windows 11 stuck in tablet mode

Windows 11 stuck in "tablet mode"

I know officially Windows 11 doesn't have the tablet mode, as in Windows 10, anymore. When I use the term "tablet mode", I mean the adjustment in appearance when Windows 11 detects the user to want to use touch (bigger buttons, icons, etc.).

I have a 3 in 1 laptop which can be used as a tablet when the keyboard is flipped to the back (like an HP Envy x360). Normally when I rotate my keyboard in a position to use touch, Windows automatically changes the appearance of f.e. icons and buttons such that they are more accessible using touch. Chrome does a similar thing.

The problem now is that since a week ago, there seems to be no way to get Windows 11 out of "tablet mode". Even though i flipped the keyboard back to the standard position and am not using touch, the layout stays "touch-friendly".

I've tried the following:

• Folding and rotating my laptop in different positions
    • Toggling rotation lock
    • chkdsk /r /f
    • dism
    • Windows update
    • Updating drivers
    • Adjusting registry keys in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell
    • Restoring to an earlier restore point (no restore points were made before this problem occured)

I also followed instructions on the following Microsoft answer threads, which didn't resolve the problem either:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-isnt-a-tablet-or-capable-of-it-but-my/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-11-laptop-is-stuck-in-tablet-mode/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-stuck-in-tablet-mode-in-windows-11-and-have/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-table-mode-in-windows-11/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-tablet-mode-not-compatible-with-hp/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-x360-wont-convert-out-of-tablet-windows11/

Hopefully I've provided enough information to finally find a solution for this problem. Below you can find a summary of my systems information. Thanks in advance for your answers!

[System Summary]

Item Value

OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro

Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer AMI

System Model Intel

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU H2M6

Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4120 CPU @ 1.10GHz, 1101 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. NB-118-F, 10/12/2019

SMBIOS Version 3.2

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer AMI

BaseBoard Product Intel

BaseBoard Version To be filled by O.E.M.

Platform Role Mobile

Secure Boot State Off

PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.22000.1696"

Time Zone Romance Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8,00 GB

Total Physical Memory 7,82 GB

Available Physical Memory 3,76 GB

Total Virtual Memory 9,07 GB

Available Virtual Memory 5,04 GB

Page File Space 1,25 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection On

Virtualization-based security Running

Virtualization-based security Required Security Properties

Virtualization-based security Available Security Properties Base Virtualization Support, DMA Protection, UEFI Code Readonly, SMM Security Mitigations 1.0, Mode Based Execution Control, APIC Virtualization

Virtualization-based security Services Configured Hypervisor enforced Code Integrity

Virtualization-based security Services Running Hypervisor enforced Code Integrity

Windows Defender Application Control policy Enforced

Windows Defender Application Control user mode policy Off

Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View

A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed.

Samu_242, Aug 29, 2024
Thema:

HP Pavillion with Windows 11 stuck in tablet mode

1. HP Pavillion with Windows 11 stuck in tablet mode - Similar Threads - Pavillion stuck tablet

2. HP Pavillion with Windows 11 stuck in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavillion with Windows 11 stuck in tablet mode: My laptop is stuck in tablet mode so the keyboard does not work at all. I have tried everything and computer a million times, nothing is working...
  3. laptop is stuck in the tablet-mode windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop is stuck in the tablet-mode windows 11: When I fold down the screen of my PC, tablet mode is automatically activated the taskbar disappears and the apps become larger.Recently, however, my this mode and is in tablet mode even during normal use. What can I do?Many thanks in advance...
  4. laptop is stuck in the tablet-mode windows 11

laptop is stuck in the tablet-mode windows 11: When I fold down the screen of my PC, tablet mode is automatically activated the taskbar disappears and the apps become larger.Recently, however, my this mode and is in tablet mode even during normal use. What can I do?Many thanks in advance...
  5. HP ENVY stuck in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP ENVY stuck in tablet mode: windows 11HP ENVY x 360My laptop is stuck in tablet mode and there is no way to directly disable it. Folding it 360 to tablet and unfolding it back to a laptop does not help.Rotation Lock is disabled then also tablet mode doesn't turn off....
  6. HP ENVY stuck in tablet mode

HP ENVY stuck in tablet mode: windows 11HP ENVY x 360My laptop is stuck in tablet mode and there is no way to directly disable it. Folding it 360 to tablet and unfolding it back to a laptop does not help.Rotation Lock is disabled then also tablet mode doesn't turn off....
  7. Windows 11 desktop stuck in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 desktop stuck in tablet mode: I recently got a new windows 11 desktop computer and I can’t get it out of tablet mode. I have a rog ally on my windows account that uses tablet mode and the new system seems to be using that for settings even though I selected my old pc when setting up Windows It takes the...
  8. Windows 11 desktop stuck in tablet mode

Windows 11 desktop stuck in tablet mode: I recently got a new windows 11 desktop computer and I can’t get it out of tablet mode. I have a rog ally on my windows account that uses tablet mode and the new system seems to be using that for settings even though I selected my old pc when setting up Windows It takes the...
  9. Windows 11 stuck in "tablet mode"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck in "tablet mode": I know officially Windows 11 doesn't have the tablet mode, as in Windows 10, anymore. When I use the term "tablet mode", I mean the adjustment in appearance when Windows 11 detects the user to want to use touch bigger buttons, icons, etc..I have a 3 in 1 laptop which can be...
  10. Windows 11 stuck in "tablet mode"

Windows 11 stuck in "tablet mode": I know officially Windows 11 doesn't have the tablet mode, as in Windows 10, anymore. When I use the term "tablet mode", I mean the adjustment in appearance when Windows 11 detects the user to want to use touch bigger buttons, icons, etc..I have a 3 in 1 laptop which can be...