Windows 10: HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?

Discus and support HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I connected my HP officejet 8025 all-in-one printer to my PC with Windows 11, but the scanner did not connect. How do I connect the scanner?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by aruca2, Apr 15, 2024.

1. aruca2 Win User

HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?

I connected my HP officejet 8025 all-in-one printer to my PC with Windows 11, but the scanner did not connect. How do I connect the scanner?

:)

aruca2, Apr 15, 2024
  2. GeeGee3 Win User

HP Scanner 3830 officejet can't connect

My HP Officejet 3830 cannot find my computer (Surface Pro) printer connected scanner states no computer found

GeeGee3, Apr 15, 2024
  3. Unable to connect to scanner in all-in-one HP printer

I can't seem to connect to my scanner in my all-in-one HP OfficeJet Pro 8710. I go to
    Settings>Printers and select my printer and click
    Manage. When I click Open scanner, nada. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

cfw

CarolynWitthuhn, Apr 15, 2024
  4. Lekden Win User

HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?

HP Officejet 3620 Scanner won't connect, Printer works fine

A few other people have posted similar problems but nowhere did I see an answer so I thought I would post.

Using Windows 10 64bit. It is updated completely. (Not the Insider build).

Just bought a HP Officejet 3620. Downloaded the most recent driver and print/scan software from HP's support website and installed according to their instructions. I am connected via USB, using the USB cable HP provided to a USB 2 port (not a hub).

Print function works fine, right off of the bat.

The Device Manager and the Devices and Printers both show the printer working properly and say there are no newer drivers. They also recognize it is a printer and scanner.

When I try to scan it says that the scanner is not connected, it cannot communicate with the device. This happens when I use the HP Scan utility and when I use Windows Fax and Scan, and it happens both when I set it to scan the scan surface or the document feeder. If I use the interface on the scanner itself when I choose the scan to computer option it shows my computer listed, but then when I try to start the scan it gives the same error, that it cannot connect. Similarly when I try to scan from within Adobe Acrobat it says it cannot connect to any scanner.

I have run HP Printer and Scanner Doctor, and it fails. It gets to the "Driver Check" section and says it cannot communicate with the device, that I should unplug the power cord, then plug it back in, and then restart Windows. I do this and the app starts back up and says it wasn't able to resolve the issue even after a restart and I should visit the HP service page. If I choose "skip," when told to restart the computer, it goes through the remainder of the checks and although none of the test scan works says "fixed scanning problem," except... it didn't. No change.

I also downloaded HP's product support bloatware, err, I mean software. That also runs its own diagnostic and says there is nothing wrong.

I have ensured that all necessary services are running and set to automatic.

My thought was to use Revo Uninstaller or something similar to wipe out the installation of the HP driver and software and see what happens when Windows tries to recognize it on its own. I am going to lay odds that will not work, but I figure I have to try it. When that doesn't work I am out of ideas.

Any thoughts? What can I possibly do next?

:::edit::: I listed incorrect model in the body of the post, although the title was correct; fixed that.

Lekden, Apr 15, 2024
Thema:

1. HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner? - Similar Threads - officejet printer connected

2. HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?: I connected my HP officejet 8025 all-in-one printer to my PC with Windows 11, but the scanner did not connect. How do I connect the scanner?...
  3. how do i connect to a scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i connect to a scanner: How do i connect to the scanner, the computers sees the printer but not the scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-to-a-scanner/bfce5cab-982b-416c-b038-b2e5324c3230
  4. PRINTERS AND SCANNERS-LOST CONNECTIONS

PRINTERS AND SCANNERS-LOST CONNECTIONS: Hello: I was trying to access my Brother Scanner and my HP Printer. Both are wireless. I just moved to a new apartment and also got a new server. I had previously used Xfinity as my Internet Server. I am now using RCN. A new router was put in and I have tried to access...
  5. scanner / printer connection

scanner / printer connection: I am trying to scan a paper to my computer which is already connected to my computer and I can not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-printer-connection/c4036449-8ca6-4721-95b6-44d974110921
  6. HP Scanner 3830 officejet can't connect

HP Scanner 3830 officejet can't connect: My HP Officejet 3830 cannot find my computer Surface Pro printer connected scanner states no computer found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-scanner-3830-officejet-cant-connect/eb1e8505-6a84-41ba-97bc-7f30f1b63ea4
  7. HP Officejet printer scanner 6962

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Officejet printer scanner 6962: I haven't used our printer/scanner in a while. I had to scan some info for taxes, thinking it would be simple task I scanned the documents and saved them to my computer only to find when I went to retrieve the saved documents the first document had been saved 20 copies....
  8. How do I connect a scanner to my pc

How do I connect a scanner to my pc: How do I connect my scanner to my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-a-scanner-to-my-pc/f1776896-2617-427f-b146-6ca923986279
  9. Scanner is "not connected." Printer is working.

Scanner is "not connected." Printer is working.: An update on Windows 10 took place on 12th March 2019 and today when attempting to scan a document it says that my scanner is not connected although the printer is working fine. What can I do? * Original title: Scanner...
  10. HP Officejet 3620 Scanner won't connect, Printer works fine

HP Officejet 3620 Scanner won't connect, Printer works fine: A few other people have posted similar problems but nowhere did I see an answer so I thought I would post. Using Windows 10 64bit. It is updated completely. (Not the Insider build). Just bought a HP Officejet 3620. Downloaded the most recent driver and print/scan...