Windows 10: HP Laptop battery ?

Discus and support HP Laptop battery ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just purchased a: HP - Spectre x360 2-in-1 15.6" 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop Wondering if leaving it plugged in all the time will hurt the battery.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 24c, Apr 19, 2020.

1. 24C
    24c Win User

HP Laptop battery ?

Just purchased a:
    HP - Spectre x360 2-in-1 15.6" 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop
    Wondering if leaving it plugged in all the time will hurt the battery.
    99.9% of the time it is on my desk.
    Also - better to turn it off at night or leave it on 24/7

:)

2. Laptop Startup on Battery Failure

Did quick search and found a few hits.

One HP forum suggested calibrating battery. This procedure may not be the one for your laptop so you could research the steps for your device. HP forums would likely be the best place as it is specific to HP. That said huge amount of knowledge and equipment on this forum. Maybe a new thread with the known issue could bring in answers.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 20, 2020
  3. 24C
    24c Win User
    HP Laptop battery ?

I recently bought an: HP ENVY x360 Convertible - 15aq193ms - Laptop - with a: 3-cell, 43-Wh, 2.83-Ah, Li-ion battery - according the Manual.
    I am not 100% sure on the battery, since I cannot find the exact model I have listed anywhere. I bought it at the local MS store.

I use this more as desktop than a laptop and am trying to find out if leaving it plugged in all the time will ruin the battery. Googling the situation gave me both "yes" and "no" answers - God Bless Google - HP Laptop battery ? :)

I had an older HP laptop, with a battery that snapped in/out and was told not to leave the battery in if it was plugged in all the time - I didn't and all is well

I have a Surface Pro 3 - which has been plugged in since I got it over 2 years ago - all is well with this too.

Now I'm back to the HP ENVY - anybody know if leaving it plugged in will screw up the battery?

4. Yaqub K Win User

HP Laptop battery ?

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

HP Laptop battery ?

1. HP Laptop battery ? - Similar Threads - Laptop battery

2. irql_not_less_or_equal windows 11 ERROR WHEN LAPTOP IS ON BATTERY.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    irql_not_less_or_equal windows 11 ERROR WHEN LAPTOP IS ON BATTERY.: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16SWkkQpg3Uv4k6gJOxj7-Q4ONlFcm4BF?usp=drive_link@ DYARIBARHAMHI DYARI, as u specified in last posts i did run Verifier and sharing u DMP files.when ever starting my laptop on battery power... within few seconds it gets blue screen error...
  3. irql_not_less_or_equal windows 11 ERROR WHEN LAPTOP IS ON BATTERY.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    irql_not_less_or_equal windows 11 ERROR WHEN LAPTOP IS ON BATTERY.: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16SWkkQpg3Uv4k6gJOxj7-Q4ONlFcm4BF?usp=drive_link@ DYARIBARHAMHI DYARI, as u specified in last posts i did run Verifier and sharing u DMP files.when ever starting my laptop on battery power... within few seconds it gets blue screen error...
  4. laptop battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop battery: i recently forgot to plug in my laptops charger while playing Five M and the fans started to go realy fast and now i have 20 fps or a lil more in evrey game i play i checked the battery health updated evrey software and nothing works pls help me...
  5. laptop battery

laptop battery: i recently forgot to plug in my laptops charger while playing Five M and the fans started to go realy fast and now i have 20 fps or a lil more in evrey game i play i checked the battery health updated evrey software and nothing works pls help me...
  6. Laptop Hard Restarts Only on Battery, Only once.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Hard Restarts Only on Battery, Only once.: So recently I got a new laptop, it being an ASUS TUF A16, with an AMD RYZEN 7735hs, with Radeon RX 7700s, Running windows 11 Pro for workstations, OS build: 22631.4037.As the title says every time I boot up my laptop on battery after a while of it being off example I turned...
  7. Laptop Hard Restarts Only on Battery, Only once.

Laptop Hard Restarts Only on Battery, Only once.: So recently I got a new laptop, it being an ASUS TUF A16, with an AMD RYZEN 7735hs, with Radeon RX 7700s, Running windows 11 Pro for workstations, OS build: 22631.4037.As the title says every time I boot up my laptop on battery after a while of it being off example I turned...
  8. BSOD when waking laptop or while running on battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking laptop or while running on battery: I often get BSODs when waking my laptop from sleep. I also get them if I run my laptop while unplugged after about 5-10 minutes. The error code is often IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe but I've seen other errors codes if I recall correctly: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT...
  9. BSOD when waking laptop or while running on battery

BSOD when waking laptop or while running on battery: I often get BSODs when waking my laptop from sleep. I also get them if I run my laptop while unplugged after about 5-10 minutes. The error code is often IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe but I've seen other errors codes if I recall correctly: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT...
  10. My Laptop Doesn't start when using battery but starts when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop Doesn't start when using battery but starts when plugged in.: My loptop doesn’t work at first unless I plug it in. Once it’s plugged in and turned on, I can use it normally and even unplug it. How do I fix this? I have the Asus Zenbook duo 14 2019Battery has been replaced since April. It worked fine until just yesterday and now I need...