Windows 10: How to use local password while signed into Microsoft account?

Discus and support How to use local password while signed into Microsoft account? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been trying to figure this out but I can't. I want to be signed into my Microsoft account but I don't want to use it's password to login. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AZEntertainment, Jun 23, 2024.

1. How to use local password while signed into Microsoft account?

I've been trying to figure this out but I can't. I want to be signed into my Microsoft account but I don't want to use it's password to login. I tried the group editor thing, the "Use convenience pin" is off. The only option in settings is to change password for my Microsoft account, but where's the local password option?

:)

AZEntertainment, Jun 23, 2024
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 23, 2024
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jun 23, 2024
  4. How to use local password while signed into Microsoft account?

local password

Hi AJ,

In order to sign in with your local password, you need to set your computer to sign in with your local account instead of your Microsoft account. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your account.
    • In the right pane, click the option Sign in with a local account instead.
    • To confirm that you authorize the changes, enter the password for your Microsoft account, then hit
      Next.
    • On the Switch to a local account page, input your local user name and password.
    • Click Next to sign out from your Microsoft account and sign back in using your local account.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

How to use local password while signed into Microsoft account?

1. How to use local password while signed into Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - local password while

2. How to use local password while signed into Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use local password while signed into Microsoft account?: I've been trying to figure this out but I can't. I want to be signed into my Microsoft account but I don't want to use it's password to login. I tried the group editor thing, the "Use convenience pin" is off. The only option in settings is to change password for my Microsoft...
  3. How to use local password while signed into Microsoft account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to use local password while signed into Microsoft account?: I've been trying to figure this out but I can't. I want to be signed into my Microsoft account but I don't want to use it's password to login. I tried the group editor thing, the "Use convenience pin" is off. The only option in settings is to change password for my Microsoft...
  4. How to sign into computer using Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign into computer using Microsoft account password: My hard disk was changed in windows laptop. When I signed in to Microsoft account it again showing me the pop up of sign in to this computer using your Microsoft account. Even if I give the same password it isn’t accepting nor can I select any other option as there is none....
  5. How to sign into computer using Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sign into computer using Microsoft account password: My hard disk was changed in windows laptop. When I signed in to Microsoft account it again showing me the pop up of sign in to this computer using your Microsoft account. Even if I give the same password it isn’t accepting nor can I select any other option as there is none....
  6. Stuck on local account can't sign in using microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck on local account can't sign in using microsoft account?: So I tried to remove an unusued account from "Email & accounts" but i accidently signed out of my microsoft account in the "Your info" and now when i try to log back in it comes up "'_______ is here already' Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you...
  7. Microsoft Account using local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account using local password: Hi, I recently bought a new SurfacePro to replace my older laptop and desktop. When setting up initially I was unable to connect to the internet. I had to set up with a local username and temporary I thought password. When I was able to connect I entered my Microsoft ID...
  8. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  10. using local password with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    using local password with microsoft account: So I have a complex password for my online Microsoft account, I never type it in, its used with a secure clipboard from a password manager. If I use a Microsoft account with windows 10 it also uses the password which is a pain to type in, is there no way to use a local...