Windows 10: How to type "Tab" symbol in MS word?

Discus and support How to type "Tab" symbol in MS word? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm recruited for teaching MS word to some... actually I don't know whom... 30+ govt job peopleI need to prepare my notes for the same.I've found the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Swgwm, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Swgwm Win User

How to type "Tab" symbol in MS word?

I'm recruited for teaching MS word to some... actually I don't know whom... 30+ govt job peopleI need to prepare my notes for the same.I've found the symbol for "Return" key in "Insert\Symbol" but can't find the symbol for Tab which is ... hmmmm.... I really don't know how to explain it.It's like diode symbol, 2 arrows with "I" at the end, facing opposite site from one another horizontally, one at up, one at down...O my god, why I didn't think about it before...It is at your keyboard too, placed to left... uhhhhh... whom I telling to... You already know where the TAB key is...

:)

Swgwm, Mar 4, 2022

2. Special symbol "¬" in MS Word documents

What are the purpose and effect of the "¬" symbol within a word in an MS Word document?

HenryGladney, Mar 4, 2022
  3. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 4, 2022
  4. How to type "Tab" symbol in MS word?

Unable to find Symbols and punctuation marks in Bangla(India) keyboard language

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to type symbols and punctuation marks using the Bengali keyboard language. Currently the symbols and punctuations are not available for Bengali in script language.

However, based on the screen shot you have provided, I see that you are using MS Word application to type in Bengali. Assuming that you are using the application most of the time to type, I can provide a much simpler solution to
    type symbols and punctuations while using Bengali keyboard.

We need to create shortcuts for the symbols to insert them. You can follow the steps mentioned below to create the shortcuts for symbols.

1. Open MS Word application and click on
      Insert tab.
    2. Now click on the top right corner select
      Symbol and then click on More Symbols.
    3. Now select any Symbol and click on the
      Shortcut Key button under Euro Sign.
    4. Now under Press new shortcut key section tap the key combination
      Ctrl + Key (any key which is convenient for you).
    5. Now click on Assign and click on
      Close.

Note:
    To add a shortcut Ctrl combination is needed to be used.

Also, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback using the
    feedback hub app
    on Windows 10, as the suggestions will help many users to improve their user experience while using Bengali keyboard.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 4, 2022
Thema:

How to type "Tab" symbol in MS word?

1. How to type "Tab" symbol in MS word? - Similar Threads - type Tab symbol

2. Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word: Today, 26 December, 2023, My MS Word started acting up. Previous text behind the cursor disappears and reappears while I'm typing. The previous posts are locked on this subject, and I saw no solution. It's not the Insert key, that's the first thing I tried. I'm a writer, I...
  3. Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text disappearing and reappearing while typing MS word: Today, 26 December, 2023, My MS Word started acting up. Previous text behind the cursor disappears and reappears while I'm typing. The previous posts are locked on this subject, and I saw no solution. It's not the Insert key, that's the first thing I tried. I'm a writer, I...
  4. how to activate MS WORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to activate MS WORD: how to activate MS WORD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-ms-word/5613cd43-4034-4a86-94b8-a30a5312bd23
  5. how to activate MS WORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to activate MS WORD: how to activate MS WORD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-ms-word/5613cd43-4034-4a86-94b8-a30a5312bd23
  6. how to activate MS WORD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to type "Tab" symbol in MS word?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to type "Tab" symbol in MS word?: I'm recruited for teaching MS word to some... actually I don't know whom... 30+ govt job peopleI need to prepare my notes for the same.I've found the symbol for "Return" key in "Insert\Symbol" but can't find the symbol for Tab which is ... hmmmm.... I really don't know how to...
  8. MS Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Word: I lost my Word files when my hard drive crashed last week Where can I get download for my new hard drive ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word/1cfbe2cf-d742-4f22-8e33-f1ed07672b58
  9. inserting symbols in Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    inserting symbols in Word: I cannot get "more symbols" to open in my Word program; I get the "frequently or recently used" selection but when I click on "more symbols" nothing happens. Pls advise. Thanks!...
  10. Hindi phonetic typing in MS Word

in Cortana
    Hindi phonetic typing in MS Word: Hi I have been using Google transliterate input tool for typing phonetic hindi in windows 10 and all its apps. Recently, it seems google has stopped supporting this tool in windows 10 64bit version Is there any other way in which I can type phonetically in hindi, directly...