Windows 10: How to turn off auto compress when downloading zip and rar files?

Discus and support How to turn off auto compress when downloading zip and rar files? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I downloaded a ZIP and RAR file. However, when the file was downloaded, it was automatically compressed. How do I turn off auto compress when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by aerichndesu, Sep 25, 2024 at 3:32 PM.

1. How to turn off auto compress when downloading zip and rar files?

Hello, I downloaded a ZIP and RAR file. However, when the file was downloaded, it was automatically compressed. How do I turn off auto compress when downloading zip and rar files?

:)

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Sep 25, 2024 at 3:35 PM
  3. omair1979 Win User
    Open .rar file in nokia 5800 ??????????????

rar is used to get high compressiona rates (better than zip). it is normally used to compress the files so it can be downloaded fast. Most probabily the sis files for the themes are compressed inside the rar file & can be easily unzip with winrar or free
    compression program like 7zip.

4. DaveM121 Win User

How to turn off auto compress when downloading zip and rar files?

.rar Fonts

A rar file is basically a compressed folder like a zip folder - the font(s) are inside that rar file

You will need to uncompress the rar file to get the enclosed fonts, if you do not have any compression software loaded,

Click HERE
    to download Universal Unextractor a very small and free utility that will extract files from all compressed files/folders. Install that software, then right click the rar file and choose 'Unextract Here' to gain access to the fonts . . .

Thema:

How to turn off auto compress when downloading zip and rar files?

1. How to turn off auto compress when downloading zip and rar files? - Similar Threads - turn off auto

2. How to turn off auto compress when downloading zip and rar files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off auto compress when downloading zip and rar files?: Hello, I downloaded a ZIP and RAR file. However, when the file was downloaded, it was automatically compressed. How do I turn off auto compress when downloading zip and rar files?...
  3. When i compress a ZIP file there isn't the file extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i compress a ZIP file there isn't the file extension: At the end of the file name it doesn't say .zip and its very confusing as i am not familiar with these situations https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-compress-a-zip-file-there-isnt-the-file/1d595770-b72e-430e-92d4-20b5cd26e7f5
  4. When i compress a ZIP file there isn't the file extension

When i compress a ZIP file there isn't the file extension: At the end of the file name it doesn't say .zip and its very confusing as i am not familiar with these situations https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-compress-a-zip-file-there-isnt-the-file/1d595770-b72e-430e-92d4-20b5cd26e7f5
  5. where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?

where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?: at top of OneDrive I used Context menu and selected compress to zip file targeting Documents folder. Where should I look for the zip file?Using Windows 11 home. Apps for business OneDrive....
  6. Folder made with shortcut too slow rar, zip compressed files slowing down the file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder made with shortcut too slow rar, zip compressed files slowing down the file explorer: Hello!I switched to windows 11 with fresh install around 1-2 month ago. I have two major problem with it.I asked these questions because unfortunately I couldn't find any solution on the internet. My bugs are the followings:1.I always like to make folder with shortcut, it's...
  7. Folder made with shortcut too slow rar, zip compressed files slowing down the file explorer

Folder made with shortcut too slow rar, zip compressed files slowing down the file explorer: Hello!I switched to windows 11 with fresh install around 1-2 month ago. I have two major problem with it.I asked these questions because unfortunately I couldn't find any solution on the internet. My bugs are the followings:1.I always like to make folder with shortcut, it's...
  8. File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder: Hi, File->Send to->Compressed zipped folder is no longer working on my surface which has windows 10. Does anyone know how to correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-send-to-compressed-zipped-folder/ac0b441c-bb10-4f4e-91b9-3e0876439133
  9. My Photos are only saving as Rar Zip Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Photos are only saving as Rar Zip Files: Every time I am on a site and I right-click and select "save image as..." it saves it as a Rar Zip File. I thought this would change if I used the snipping tool to take photos, it does not. I downloaded a Rar Zip Opener and it did nothing. It simply continued saying...
  10. Files Auto-Compressing on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files Auto-Compressing on Desktop: Whenever I move/save (larger?) files onto my Desktop, double blue arrows appear in the upper right corner. Under the files' Properties > Advanced, the box "Compress contents to save disc space" is auto-checked. How do I stop files from auto-compressing on my Desktop? (The...