Windows 10: how to turn off a file explorer filter

Discus and support how to turn off a file explorer filter in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10 enterprise22H2I have one folder in file explorer that is filtering by date modified. I can not find a way to get this folder display all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Michelle_882, Apr 24, 2024.

1. how to turn off a file explorer filter

Windows 10 enterprise22H2I have one folder in file explorer that is filtering by date modified. I can not find a way to get this folder display all dates by default. I have tried unchecking the "select a date or date range" box that opens when you click on the date modified column header. This will display all files/folders. However, after closing the window the filter will reapply itself the next time the folder is opened.

:)

Michelle_882, Apr 24, 2024
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer - Filtering

Hello,

We acknowledge your concern regarding Windows File Explorer filtering option. Kindly answer the following questions so we can assist you better:

• When did the issue occur?
    • Were there any recent changes made on your PC?
    • Do you have the latest updates installed on your PC?
    • Does the issue occur on other devices (if you have other computers at home), or to other users on the PC?
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided in the previous thread?

Get back to us with the response for further assistance.

Maria Fab, Apr 24, 2024
  3. ReneReyna Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer Filter Feature using down arrow next to column header titles not working

Re: Windows 10, File Explorer, Filter Feature using the arrow next to column headers.

9/25/2016

Windows 10 using File Explorer, Filter Feature, using the arrow next to header titles, not listing anything, not working. The arrows are there next to the column headings, but nothing happens, it does not list any drop down options to choose from.

Is there a setting in file explorer that turns on/ or off this filter feature, or should I re-set something in file explorer, ect...?

Or Is there a driver that can be update?

I am using View Mode -> details.

I have tried using administrator C:\Windows\system32>sfc/scannow 3 times did not help.

The message I got was "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations".

I really like use this feature a lot, it just stopped working recently, I think the problem came after 1,2,or 3 of the last windows update?

I really like using file explorer filter feature by just clicking the arrows next to the column headers.

Pls anyone with a suggestion to fix would be appreciated.

Advance Thanks,

Rene

ReneReyna, Apr 24, 2024
  4. how to turn off a file explorer filter

File Explorer

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on view option.
    • Click on preview panel to turn it Off and On.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

how to turn off a file explorer filter

1. how to turn off a file explorer filter - Similar Threads - turn off file

2. File Explorer Search Filtering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search Filtering: Hello All, I have a user as well as me when I do search in my File Explorer the Filtering while in a search. In my attached example I am searching my OneDrive for "JAN" and then wanting to filter it down to only shout Outlook Item, but when I press Outlook Item it reverts...
  3. File Explorer Search Filtering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Search Filtering: Hello All, I have a user as well as me when I do search in my File Explorer the Filtering while in a search. In my attached example I am searching my OneDrive for "JAN" and then wanting to filter it down to only shout Outlook Item, but when I press Outlook Item it reverts...
  4. how to turn off a file explorer filter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to turn off a file explorer filter: Windows 10 enterprise22H2I have one folder in file explorer that is filtering by date modified. I can not find a way to get this folder display all dates by default. I have tried unchecking the "select a date or date range" box that opens when you click on the date modified...
  5. how to turn off a file explorer filter

how to turn off a file explorer filter: Windows 10 enterprise22H2I have one folder in file explorer that is filtering by date modified. I can not find a way to get this folder display all dates by default. I have tried unchecking the "select a date or date range" box that opens when you click on the date modified...
  6. Filter keys not turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Filter keys not turning off: So, basically I try to do anything but filter keys is on so I go to the little startup thing to turn it off, and its already off, so I press shift 5 times, nothing I hols shift for 8 seconds, nothing WHAT DO I DO submitted by /u/that-drawinguy [link] [comments]...
  7. How do I turn off one calendar filters?

How do I turn off one calendar filters?: How do I turn off one calendar filters? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-one-calendar-filters/c90f8efe-2a07-417a-b69b-74797f1abd38
  8. How to turn on or off Filter Keys in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn on or off Filter Keys in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has done a lot of work when it comes to Accessibility. It’s a way where software features can help people with physical issues. Filter Keys is one such feature which tells the keyboard to ignore repeated keystrokes. People with [...] This post How...
  9. Turn off SmartScreen Filter in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off SmartScreen Filter in Windows 10: Hi, According to this page: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...=vs.85%29.aspx Navigate to section :: "To turn off Turn on SmartScreen Filter to check web content (URLs) that Windows Store apps use:" I have created a .bat file with the following contents:...
  10. Turn On or Off Filter Keys in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Filter Keys in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Filter Keys in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Filter Keys in Windows 10 Filter Keys is an Accessibility option that you can use to control the keyboard repeat rate and ignore repeated keys. When Filter Keys is turned on, you can also turn on...