Windows 10: How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...

Discus and support How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Have a very old Dell PC that came with OEM Windows 7 Pro. I upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro with a paid license. Later, it was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mtbdude, May 2, 2023.

1. mtbdude Win User

How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...

Have a very old Dell PC that came with OEM Windows 7 Pro. I upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro with a paid license. Later, it was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, with a free upgrade by Microsoft.Now I have Mac Mini M2, and have installed Parallels to run PC applications that I still need. What I need to know is whether my license is transferable, and how to do it.

:)

mtbdude, May 2, 2023
  2. Vehemos Win User

Transferring Win10 License from Retail to OEM

So I just bought a new ASUS Laptop (64bit) with FreeDOS in it. I have a pirated copy of win7 ultimate 64bit (With OEM license) lying around so I installed it just to see how it goes. I know that pirated copies are eligible for 30 Day trial win10 upgrade.
    I have another HP 32 bit laptop with win10 Pro already installed and activated and it had a retail version of win7. I no longer need the HP laptop so I wanted to transfer its Win10 License to my ASUS laptop which will have the trial version. I read somewhere
    that OEM licensed laptops will invalidate my win10 license, Can transferring the retail version of win10 from HP to OEM ASUS work fine?

~Thank You

Vehemos, May 2, 2023
  3. Phats0 Win User
    upgraded Win7 retail to Win10. HOW do I install this license on NEW HARDWARE?

I've upgraded my PC to WIN10 from Win7 with a retail(non-OEM) license.

What are the steps i need to take to
    install and activate that license on a NEW PC?

Phats0, May 2, 2023
  4. How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...

Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, May 2, 2023
Thema:

How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...

1. How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to... - Similar Threads - transfer Win10 license

2. How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...: Have a very old Dell PC that came with OEM Windows 7 Pro. I upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro with a paid license. Later, it was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, with a free upgrade by Microsoft.Now I have Mac Mini M2, and have installed Parallels to run PC applications that I still...
  3. How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...: Have a very old Dell PC that came with OEM Windows 7 Pro. I upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro with a paid license. Later, it was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, with a free upgrade by Microsoft.Now I have Mac Mini M2, and have installed Parallels to run PC applications that I still...
  4. License transfer from old PC

License transfer from old PC: Hi there,I'm trying to transfer a windows license from my old PC to my new one.My current PC has Windows 10 Home while my old PC has Windows 10 Pro.I've tried contacting support but it doesn't give me the required help.When asking to speak to somebody it encounters an...
  5. upgrading from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  6. upgrade win7 oem to win10 how do i transfer my mail over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade win7 oem to win10 how do i transfer my mail over: I'm currently using the microsoft essentials 12 windows live mail 2012 for my emails and i love it. I have to upgrade to windows 10 but cannot find help (except old help where the links are disconnected). I can't see how my emails all stored in folders are going to transfer...
  7. free upgrade to win10 from oem win7 pro

free upgrade to win10 from oem win7 pro: i have another laptop with pre-installed of win7 pro. its oem license and activated. i can download win10 media creation tools from microsoft website and installed it into that laptop and that win10 shows it is activated. my question is do i need to purchase license for win10...
  8. Transfer Contacts from Win7 to Win10

in Browsers and Email
    Transfer Contacts from Win7 to Win10: My compuiter was running "Windows Live Mail" under Win7 quite(?) happily. Then Microsoft persuaded me to upgrade to Win10, which aslo ran quite(?) happily until last December.Then things went pear-shaped. The upshot was, I went out & bought a new computer, running Win10. I...
  9. Transfer Upgraded Win10 (From win7) license to a new build?

Transfer Upgraded Win10 (From win7) license to a new build?: I built my last computer in 2012 using Win7. I upgraded to Win10 when it became available. I'm now going to build a new machine with only a few parts from the current one. The old machine will be decommissioned, and it's SSD will become a data drive for the new machine which...
  10. Upgrading from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716