Windows 10: How to switch primary GPU

Discus and support How to switch primary GPU in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there!Recently, I installed new software for my AMD GPU. So I realized that my actually GPU AMD Radeon RX 6600 is GPU 0, meaning it was barely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EN_ProNet, Jun 7, 2022.

1. EN_ProNet Win User

How to switch primary GPU

Hey there!Recently, I installed new software for my AMD GPU. So I realized that my actually GPU AMD Radeon RX 6600 is GPU 0, meaning it was barely being used when I was playing and actually my AMD Radeon Graphics where GPU 1, so they where the main/primary GPU. I tried to search up how to change it but no luck. Will this actually boost game performance? Please help and thanks!Specs of my PC:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with graphicsGPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600

:)

EN_ProNet, Jun 7, 2022

2. Monitor Primary monitor layout switches upon second monitor power off

Hi alts63,

One of the possible reasons why your primary monitor layout switches is that the rotation lock option is turned on. In order to turn that off and fix the issue, please follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key + A on your keyboard to open Action Center.
    2. Click the Expand button.
    3. Click the Rotation lock to turn it off.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 7, 2022
  3. Zeond1987 Win User
    Is there a way to force a program to use a secondary GPU?

I have 2 GPU's (Nvidia GTX 970 and 1080) and I want to force a program to use the 1080 for certain programs/games. Going to Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings should give me the option to switch GPU's. Unfortunately it does not list both of my GPU's
    nor does it allow me to change to another one, only the default GPU is chosen (the 970). This is a desktop computer and I have tried the Nvidia control panel and UEFI settings without much luck. If I tried selecting a program to run on my 1080 (through the
    Nvidia control panel), it would still run it on the 970. I have tried switching the GPU's around with not much luck there either. If I can suggest to Microsoft the option in the Graphics Settings to list both GPU's for selection, that would be great. Otherwise
    I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Zeond1987, Jun 7, 2022
  4. Mr. SAK Win User

Switching Primary Cameras

Hi Glen! ^_^

So you are in trouble coz you are not able to choose secondary USB camera to function as primary one... Don't worry , I got you covered How to switch primary GPU :)

Just follow given steps! How to switch primary GPU :D

Method 1: If the Webcam is listed under Devices and printers, please follow the steps.

a.
    Press Windows key + X.

b. Select
    Control Panel.

c.
    Click on Devices and Printers.

d.
    Check if the Logitech webcam is listed.

e.
    Right click on (Brand Name) webcam.

f.
    Click on Set this device as default.

Follow method 2 if webcam is not listed.

Method 2: What best we can do is we can disable the Internal webcam. You will be able to enable the webcam anytime you want.

Please follow the steps to disable HP Envy Webcam.

a.
    Press Windows + X, click Device Manager.

b.
    Click Imaging devices.

c.
    Right click on webcam.

d.
    Click Disable

If this was helpful please click on "YES it solved my problem", it really motivates me towards helping more and more...
    Have further question or doubts? Please feel free to ask! Waiting for your reply! How to switch primary GPU :D

Mr. SAK, Jun 7, 2022
Thema:

1. How to switch primary GPU - Similar Threads - switch primary GPU

2. How to switch GPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch GPU.: So I have two GPU, GPU 0 is intel and GPU 1 is geforce GTX. I mostly use geforce GTX, but for some reason. I think Windows automatically switched it to GPU 0, because my computer has been lagging lately. How do I fix/switch it? For context, in most game I get 60 fps, now I...
  3. How to switch GPU.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch GPU.: So I have two GPU, GPU 0 is intel and GPU 1 is geforce GTX. I mostly use geforce GTX, but for some reason. I think Windows automatically switched it to GPU 0, because my computer has been lagging lately. How do I fix/switch it? For context, in most game I get 60 fps, now I...
  4. how do i switch primary account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i switch primary account: windows 11 how do i switch primary account email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-primary-account/80458a02-c34e-4cea-958e-de494e6f0fc9
  5. how do i switch primary account

how do i switch primary account: windows 11 how do i switch primary account email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-primary-account/80458a02-c34e-4cea-958e-de494e6f0fc9
  6. How to switch primary GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch primary GPU: Hey there!Recently, I installed new software for my AMD GPU. So I realized that my actually GPU AMD Radeon RX 6600 is GPU 0, meaning it was barely being used when I was playing and actually my AMD Radeon Graphics where GPU 1, so they where the main/primary GPU. I tried to...
  7. How to switch my GPU 0 to GPU 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch my GPU 0 to GPU 1: Hey there!Recently, I installed new software for my AMD GPU. So I realized that my actually GPU AMD Radeon RX 6600 is GPU 0, meaning it was barely being used when I was playing and actually my AMD Radeon Graphics where GPU 1, so they where the main/primary GPU. I tried to...
  8. How to switch my GPU 0 to GPU 1

How to switch my GPU 0 to GPU 1: Hey there!Recently, I installed new software for my AMD GPU. So I realized that my actually GPU AMD Radeon RX 6600 is GPU 0, meaning it was barely being used when I was playing and actually my AMD Radeon Graphics where GPU 1, so they where the main/primary GPU. I tried to...
  9. Can't switch over to NVIDIA GTX1650 as primary GPU on FX505DT

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't switch over to NVIDIA GTX1650 as primary GPU on FX505DT: Hi, I've recently purchased a notebook: ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT. Which has: AMD Ryzen 5 Mobile 3550H / 128MB ATI AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics / 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 under Win10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804) The thing is I managed to install NVIDIA drivers, but I...
  10. Can't switch over to NVIDIA GTX1650 as primary GPU on FX505DT

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't switch over to NVIDIA GTX1650 as primary GPU on FX505DT: Hi, I've recently purchased a notebook: ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT. Which has: AMD Ryzen 5 Mobile 3550H / 128MB ATI AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics / 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 under Win10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804) The thing is I managed to install NVIDIA drivers, but I...