Windows 10: How to switch GPU.

Discus and support How to switch GPU. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I have two GPU, GPU 0 is intel and GPU 1 is geforce GTX. I mostly use geforce GTX, but for some reason. I think Windows automatically switched it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yu Jun Ong, Apr 21, 2023.

1. How to switch GPU.

So I have two GPU, GPU 0 is intel and GPU 1 is geforce GTX. I mostly use geforce GTX, but for some reason. I think Windows automatically switched it to GPU 0, because my computer has been lagging lately. How do I fix/switch it? For context, in most game I get 60 fps, now I get 20 fps.

:)

Yu Jun Ong, Apr 21, 2023

2. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Apr 21, 2023
  3. Zeond1987 Win User
    Is there a way to force a program to use a secondary GPU?

I have 2 GPU's (Nvidia GTX 970 and 1080) and I want to force a program to use the 1080 for certain programs/games. Going to Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings should give me the option to switch GPU's. Unfortunately it does not list both of my GPU's
    nor does it allow me to change to another one, only the default GPU is chosen (the 970). This is a desktop computer and I have tried the Nvidia control panel and UEFI settings without much luck. If I tried selecting a program to run on my 1080 (through the
    Nvidia control panel), it would still run it on the 970. I have tried switching the GPU's around with not much luck there either. If I can suggest to Microsoft the option in the Graphics Settings to list both GPU's for selection, that would be great. Otherwise
    I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Zeond1987, Apr 21, 2023
  4. axe0 Win User

How to switch GPU.

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

Thema:

How to switch GPU.

1. How to switch GPU. - Similar Threads - switch GPU

2. How can I switch which gpu windows is using for different games for example Minecraft is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I switch which gpu windows is using for different games for example Minecraft is...: So I have the problem that my Laptop lacks performance heavily in certain games like Minecraft because it uses the internal Intel GPU instead of my NVIDIA GPU. I tried to change this in the windows settings. However, I was not able to find some of the games there since they...
  3. How can I switch which gpu windows is using for different games for example Minecraft is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I switch which gpu windows is using for different games for example Minecraft is...: So I have the problem that my Laptop lacks performance heavily in certain games like Minecraft because it uses the internal Intel GPU instead of my NVIDIA GPU. I tried to change this in the windows settings. However, I was not able to find some of the games there since they...
  4. How to switch default high performance gpu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch default high performance gpu?: My computer wont use my "AMD Ryzen 5 5600G" as the "Default High Performance GPU" instead it uses "AMD RadeonTM Graphics". I don't know squat about computers but i know that when it uses the AMD Ryzen 5 5600G my games look a lot nicer. Usually I just go to settings and switch...
  5. How to switch default high performance gpu?

How to switch default high performance gpu?: My computer wont use my "AMD Ryzen 5 5600G" as the "Default High Performance GPU" instead it uses "AMD RadeonTM Graphics". I don't know squat about computers but i know that when it uses the AMD Ryzen 5 5600G my games look a lot nicer. Usually I just go to settings and switch...
  6. Laptop does mini freezes when I switch from APU to GPU

Laptop does mini freezes when I switch from APU to GPU: Hi, I have AMD Tuf gaming laptop, It has MUX Switch, so basically when I turn on a game it switches from APU to GPU, now I don't have problem when I'm playing the game but when I want to minimize it, the screen freezes for about 10 seconds and then goes on, but It does not...
  7. Laptop does mini freezes when I switch from APU to GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop does mini freezes when I switch from APU to GPU: Hi, I have AMD Tuf gaming laptop, It has MUX Switch, so basically when I turn on a game it switches from APU to GPU, now I don't have problem when I'm playing the game but when I want to minimize it, the screen freezes for about 10 seconds and then goes on, but It does not...
  8. computer crashed when i switch the hdmi from mother board connector to gpu

computer crashed when i switch the hdmi from mother board connector to gpu: Likely at faultFaulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.3758, time stamp: 0xbf79d152Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3636, time stamp: 0x9b64aa6fException code: 0xc0000374Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff349Faulting process id:...
  9. computer crashed when i switch the hdmi from mother board connector to gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer crashed when i switch the hdmi from mother board connector to gpu: Likely at faultFaulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.3758, time stamp: 0xbf79d152Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3636, time stamp: 0x9b64aa6fException code: 0xc0000374Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff349Faulting process id:...
  10. Issues with Laptop Reset and GPU Switching on MSI Creator Z16 with Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Laptop Reset and GPU Switching on MSI Creator Z16 with Windows 11 Home: Hi everyone, I'm currently facing two issues with my MSI Creator Z16 laptop running Windows 11 Home. 1. Laptop Reset Error: I've been unable to reset my laptop recently, encountering an error each time I attempt to do so. Are there any troubleshooting steps or solutions to...