Windows 10: How to stop screen flickering

Discus and support How to stop screen flickering in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Alright so I got this windows 11 laptop it's not really a surface and one day I was sitting on a chair while watching tv with the computer on my lap... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mr clumsy, Apr 17, 2023.

1. Mr clumsy Win User

How to stop screen flickering

Alright so I got this windows 11 laptop it's not really a surface and one day I was sitting on a chair while watching tv with the computer on my lap trying to see if I can change my wifi band to 5Ghz because I can't connect to my wifi and it ended up slipping put out of my lap and the bottom of the computer hits on of the legs, after opening it back up my screen starts glitching like it has some type of cyberpunk filter, I restarted it and on the power on screen there was no flickering so all my worries went away until I went to the log in page and it started flickering again, can anybody te

:)

Mr clumsy, Apr 17, 2023

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Apr 17, 2023
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Apr 17, 2023
  4. How to stop screen flickering

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows - Microsoft Support

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Apr 17, 2023
Thema:

How to stop screen flickering

1. How to stop screen flickering - Similar Threads - stop screen flickering

2. How to stop flickering of lower part of screen permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop flickering of lower part of screen permanently?: I used Windows Pro 11. The bottom 2 inches of my screen flickers intermittently. Previously it had been working with a 60.5 hz refresh rate. Based on some posts on this community I reduced the refresh rate to 48Hz. That stops the flickering. But when I reboot the laptop, the...
  3. How to stop flickering of lower part of screen permanently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop flickering of lower part of screen permanently?: I used Windows Pro 11. The bottom 2 inches of my screen flickers intermittently. Previously it had been working with a 60.5 hz refresh rate. Based on some posts on this community I reduced the refresh rate to 48Hz. That stops the flickering. But when I reboot the laptop, the...
  4. How to stop desktop from flickering?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop desktop from flickering?: I recently updated my PC to the latest Windows 11 version. Now my desktop won't stop flickering and the only thing I can get to run is Task Manager which doesn't flicker. The taskbar won't appear at all, I can't even use Windows+X to access anything to revert my driver's back...
  5. How to stop screen flickering

How to stop screen flickering: Alright so I got this windows 11 laptop it's not really a surface and one day I was sitting on a chair while watching tv with the computer on my lap trying to see if I can change my wifi band to 5Ghz because I can't connect to my wifi and it ended up slipping put out of my...
  6. How can I stop my screen from flickering a black screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop my screen from flickering a black screen?: Hello I've been having issue with my computer every time I load into windows a black screen flickers I've tried to end task windows explorer and re open it I've tried looking in regedit and found nothing this has been happening for 3 days now please help...
  7. How can I stop my screen from flickering a black screen?

How can I stop my screen from flickering a black screen?: Hello I've been having issue with my computer every time I load into windows a black screen flickers I've tried to end task windows explorer and re open it I've tried looking in regedit and found nothing this has been happening for 3 days now please help...
  8. How can I stop my screen from flickering a black screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to stop the screen flickering every 60 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop the screen flickering every 60 seconds: monitor screen flickers every 60 seconds like clockwork. Desktop. It flashes, rather than flickers. It happens when I am on the internet, or on WORD, anytime. The mouse also jumps at that moment - becomes unstable. I have seen something online about drivers and so on,...
  10. Snowy, Flickering Screen, it will Not Stop!

in Windows 10 Support
    Snowy, Flickering Screen, it will Not Stop!: I really need assistance with this crazy flickering screen, posting pictures of what I have done. Nothing has stopped this, I am wondering if there is something loose? between the screen and keyboard Attachment 122029Attachment 122030Attachment 122031Attachment 122032 77653