Windows 10: How to stop new outlook attempting to replace mail ?

Discus and support How to stop new outlook attempting to replace mail ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I tried new outlook and had a host of problems with it.I had to continually re-enter my mail credentialsIt just stopped receiving mail altogetherI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GaryOswald1, Jul 25, 2024.

1. How to stop new outlook attempting to replace mail ?

Hi,I tried new outlook and had a host of problems with it.I had to continually re-enter my mail credentialsIt just stopped receiving mail altogetherI found the ads really annoyingSo I removed it and went back to mail. The problem I have is that Microsoft has now pushed this onto my machine and replaced my mail icon on my taskbar with new outlook.Admittedly it's not a huge problem to revert back, which I have already done. The problem however is that it basically removed my choice as a consumer to stick with mail until such times as I feel like going through the grinder again with new outlook.I

:)

GaryOswald1, Jul 25, 2024
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jul 25, 2024
  3. New Outlook for Windows

In 2024, Microsoft will push the New Outlook for Windows to all laptops and remove the "Mail and Calendar" app.

I just tried out the New Outlook for Windows, and I found it did not work for me.

When comes 2024, can I refused to have the New Outlook for Windows installed on my laptop and stop the removal of "Mail and Calendar"

If that is not possible, would someone please suggest another app that will work the same as "mail"

The main reason for not using the New Outlook for Windows is that it is not possible to have group mailing.

I tried to setup a group contact list. When I entered that list in the "to" field, New Outlook for Windows cannot send the mail. I have to enter all email addresses manually.

Another minor problem is that I have multiple email accounts, each account must have its own contact list when using New Outlook for Windows.

In the Mail app, you only need one contact list, all accounts can use that same list.

Thanks

Cent.

Centeresmith, Jul 25, 2024
  4. MartLea Win User

How to stop new outlook attempting to replace mail ?

Outlook Email stopped checking for new mail

Thanks very helpful, will certainly try the suggestions.

Seems many things have changed such as the loss of Outlook Connector for accessing mail & calendar in Outlook 2003 mail client - can only use POP3 or IMAP now with loss of calendar sync etc. Thought using that old but very good client would eventually be
    axed by MSFT - no big deal will probably use Thunderbird now on the PC.

MartLea, Jul 25, 2024
Thema:

How to stop new outlook attempting to replace mail ?

1. How to stop new outlook attempting to replace mail ? - Similar Threads - stop outlook attempting

2. Outlook Mail New app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Mail New app: My outlook mail new app disappeared, how can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail-new-app/c4d96191-bde2-4cc2-a725-e128015972d8
  3. How to stop new outlook attempting to replace mail ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop new outlook attempting to replace mail ?: Hi,I tried new outlook and had a host of problems with it.I had to continually re-enter my mail credentialsIt just stopped receiving mail altogetherI found the ads really annoyingSo I removed it and went back to mail. The problem I have is that Microsoft has now pushed this...
  4. STOP PUSHING YOUR NEW OUTLOOK MAIL APP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP PUSHING YOUR NEW OUTLOOK MAIL APP!: Can someone at Microsoft explain to us why you consider it possible to install that stupid mail client repeatedly without permission on my computer? I'm tired of that. Have you seen the reviews on your market? Check them and finally delete this trash from where... Leave a...
  5. STOP PUSHING YOUR NEW OUTLOOK MAIL APP!

STOP PUSHING YOUR NEW OUTLOOK MAIL APP!: Can someone at Microsoft explain to us why you consider it possible to install that stupid mail client repeatedly without permission on my computer? I'm tired of that. Have you seen the reviews on your market? Check them and finally delete this trash from where... Leave a...
  6. New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail: Windows 11.I've only set up my email account on Outlook new and yet I'm getting new mail notifications for both Outlook AND Mail. How can I stop the notifications from Mail?...
  7. New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail

New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail: Windows 11.I've only set up my email account on Outlook new and yet I'm getting new mail notifications for both Outlook AND Mail. How can I stop the notifications from Mail?...
  8. How to stop outlook from switching into the 'new outlook'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop outlook from switching into the 'new outlook': I usually like to use the 'Mail' app in windows 10, but the new updated outlook keeps switching itself to the 'new outlook' and forces me to use it. Everytime i ask to switch back to the old outlook it tells me it will make the switch but it will come back and switch it again...
  9. How to stop outlook from switching into the 'new outlook'

How to stop outlook from switching into the 'new outlook': I usually like to use the 'Mail' app in windows 10, but the new updated outlook keeps switching itself to the 'new outlook' and forces me to use it. Everytime i ask to switch back to the old outlook it tells me it will make the switch but it will come back and switch it again...
  10. Outlook mail stopped receiving mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook mail stopped receiving mail: All: I just didn't think I was getting mail for a couple of days! So I sent several Emails to him & didn't get an answer! The I received phone call from him which was unusual as he lives in the US Virgin Island & I live I Ireland! He said he was getting my Emails,...