Windows 10: How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site

Discus and support How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Any advice on how to fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by YouKnowWhoIAm ..., Oct 8, 2024 at 12:22 AM.

1. How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site

Any advice on how to fix this?

:)

YouKnowWhoIAm ..., Oct 8, 2024 at 12:22 AM

2. How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site

I believe my laptop has been infected by malware.

InstallUtil.exe keeps trying to connect to zerocool888.duckdns.org every minute. Luckily Malwarebytes keeps blocking it as it is being registered as a Trojan, but it does leave me worried, as none of my antivirus programs seem to be able to find the origin of the problem.

They found some other suspicious files disguising themselves as Windows programs (svchost.exe) and removed those, but I don't know if they are connected.

Any advice on how to fix this?

Matthias0711, Oct 8, 2024 at 12:25 AM
  3. Kol12 Win User
    Outbound rules still show as allowed.

Why do all of the default (pre-defined) MS Firewall outbound rules still show as allowed when I have set outbound connections to block for the Domain, Private and Public profiles? Shouldn't setting outbound connections to block block everything in the outbound list?

4. How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site

Add Store apps to Windows Firewall outbound rule

Hello,

I have changed Windows Firewall to block outbound connections.

I had no problem configuring outbound rules to allow classic applications accessing the internet.

I have tried adding the following two rules, but it does not work:

• %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_22210.1401.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\WinStore.App.exe
    • C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe
    I receive the next error when trying to use Windows Store:

You'll need the Internet for this.

It doesn't look like you're connected to the Internet. Check your connection and try again.

0x800704cf

I am aware of the answer bellow, but it does not work:

Redirecting

For example, Feedback Hub is marked as allowed but the same error is displayed when trying to use the app.

How do I create outbound rules for Windows Store apps in Windows Firewall?

Razvan Chisa, Oct 8, 2024 at 12:25 AM
Thema:

How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site

1. How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site - Similar Threads - stop InstallUtil exe

2. How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site: Any advice on how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-installutilexe-from-trying-to-make/914e5242-80d6-47b2-9f49-b9a8196aa477
  3. msedge tries to make suspicious connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msedge tries to make suspicious connection: My AV program bitdefender keeps notifying that it has blocked an attempt by msedge, relying on an expired certificate at bzib.netreports.netHow can I disable or delete msedge.exe on my Win 11 PC? I never use it.TIA...
  4. msedge tries to make suspicious connection

msedge tries to make suspicious connection: My AV program bitdefender keeps notifying that it has blocked an attempt by msedge, relying on an expired certificate at bzib.netreports.netHow can I disable or delete msedge.exe on my Win 11 PC? I never use it.TIA...
  5. msedge tries to make suspicious connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Microsoft Edge is making Suspicious Connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge is making Suspicious Connection?: is Microsoft is making suspicious connection to this URL deff.nelreports.net/api/report?Also let us know which data is being sent to this URL & When?...
  7. Microsoft Edge is making Suspicious Connection?

Microsoft Edge is making Suspicious Connection?: is Microsoft is making suspicious connection to this URL deff.nelreports.net/api/report?Also let us know which data is being sent to this URL & When?...
  8. Microsoft Edge is making Suspicious Connection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site: I believe my laptop has been infected by malware.InstallUtil.exe keeps trying to connect to zerocool888.duckdns.org every minute. Luckily Malwarebytes keeps blocking it as it is being registered as a Trojan, but it does leave me worried, as none of my antivirus programs seem...
  10. How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site

How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site: I believe my laptop has been infected by malware.InstallUtil.exe keeps trying to connect to zerocool888.duckdns.org every minute. Luckily Malwarebytes keeps blocking it as it is being registered as a Trojan, but it does leave me worried, as none of my antivirus programs seem...