Windows 10: How to stop flickering of lower part of screen permanently?

Discus and support How to stop flickering of lower part of screen permanently? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I used Windows Pro 11. The bottom 2 inches of my screen flickers intermittently. Previously it had been working with a 60.5 hz refresh rate. Based on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NP_JC, Aug 9, 2024.

1. NP_JC Win User

How to stop flickering of lower part of screen permanently?

I used Windows Pro 11. The bottom 2 inches of my screen flickers intermittently. Previously it had been working with a 60.5 hz refresh rate. Based on some posts on this community I reduced the refresh rate to 48Hz. That stops the flickering. But when I reboot the laptop, the flickering restarts. I have to then switch refresh rate to 60.5 and then back to 48 to stop it. Please advise. Thanks so much.

:)

NP_JC, Aug 9, 2024

2. Looking for a permanent solution to a flickering screen

Despite trying all the steps recommended by MS, I'm still getting a flickering screen each time I sign on; and have to go through the same steps all over again. Is there a permanent solution? Otherwise, what's the point in keeping Windows 10!!

ZaidiBaraka, Aug 9, 2024
  3. Aquinatis Win User
    Lower part of screen is broken

The laptop didn't fall or anything, it was originally a bigger part of the lower screen that was flickering, but after restarting the pc it's like this
    How to stop flickering of lower part of screen permanently? 177a84b4-b411-4509-9d8b-20b392eb4e05?upload=true.jpg

Aquinatis, Aug 9, 2024
  4. How to stop flickering of lower part of screen permanently?

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Aug 9, 2024
Thema:

How to stop flickering of lower part of screen permanently?

1. How to stop flickering of lower part of screen permanently? - Similar Threads - stop flickering lower

2. How to stop flickering of lower part of screen permanently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop flickering of lower part of screen permanently?: I used Windows Pro 11. The bottom 2 inches of my screen flickers intermittently. Previously it had been working with a 60.5 hz refresh rate. Based on some posts on this community I reduced the refresh rate to 48Hz. That stops the flickering. But when I reboot the laptop, the...
  3. How to stop screen flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop screen flickering: Alright so I got this windows 11 laptop it's not really a surface and one day I was sitting on a chair while watching tv with the computer on my lap trying to see if I can change my wifi band to 5Ghz because I can't connect to my wifi and it ended up slipping put out of my...
  4. How to stop screen flickering

How to stop screen flickering: Alright so I got this windows 11 laptop it's not really a surface and one day I was sitting on a chair while watching tv with the computer on my lap trying to see if I can change my wifi band to 5Ghz because I can't connect to my wifi and it ended up slipping put out of my...
  5. Lower part of the screen is black on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lower part of the screen is black on my laptop: As said in the question, the lower part of my screen turns black. Screenshots are fine but what I see is the bottom 10% of the screen is blackI encountered this problem a lot specially when I turn on my laptop.I found a lot of forums asking the same question but I haven't...
  6. Lower part of the screen is black on my laptop

Lower part of the screen is black on my laptop: As said in the question, the lower part of my screen turns black. Screenshots are fine but what I see is the bottom 10% of the screen is blackI encountered this problem a lot specially when I turn on my laptop.I found a lot of forums asking the same question but I haven't...
  7. Lower part of screen is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lower part of screen is broken: The laptop didn't fall or anything, it was originally a bigger part of the lower screen that was flickering, but after restarting the pc it's like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lower-part-of-screen-is-broken/c2a13737-dc05-45cb-a801-ca6b782b4641
  8. Lower part of screen is broken

Lower part of screen is broken: The laptop didn't fall or anything, it was originally a bigger part of the lower screen that was flickering, but after restarting the pc it's like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lower-part-of-screen-is-broken/c2a13737-dc05-45cb-a801-ca6b782b4641
  9. Lower part of screen is broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Any tips how to fix part of lower screen hidden?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any tips how to fix part of lower screen hidden?: [IMG]I just want the whole screen visible again. The problem here is, I use the LG television as a screen, and could fix it with the remote. Obviously, that remote is missing. Any advice would be appreciated! And now back to looking for the remote......