Windows 10: how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?

Discus and support how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when i upload images to onedirve folder, it keeps cropping thumbnail images automatically.<<original image>><<thumbnail image>>The problme with this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BangCook, Oct 10, 2021.

1. BangCook Win User

how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?

when i upload images to onedirve folder, it keeps cropping thumbnail images automatically.<<original image>><<thumbnail image>>The problme with this is that I can see the original image on my computer by opening the file, but there is no way to see it on IOS onedrive app.Android onedrive app has at least "Edit picture" functionality by which i can see the original mage.However, there is no way to see the whole picture on IOS onedrive app.i would appreciate if you let me know how to prevent auto-cropping.<<IOS onedrive app>>it would be perfect if i figure out

:)

BangCook, Oct 10, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Disable auto-upload of photos to OneDrive

Hi Mark,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

Auto-upload of photos to OneDrive occurs because there is no Group Policy
    setting to disable the Camera roll upload photos and videos option.

I suggest you to try the resolution suggested in How to prevent
    pictures from being auto-uploaded to OneDrive
    and check if it works.

Note: The article holds good for Windows 10.

Thumbnails for files won’t be displayed if the File Explorer is configured to show icons instead of thumbnails.

You may turn on Thumbnails and check if it works:

• Open File Explorer and click on the
      File
      menu.
    • Choose Change folder and search options to open
      Folder Options.
    • Click on the ‘View’ tab, and under
      Advanced Settings
      , uncheck Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    • Apply the changes.
    • Restart File Explorer and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may clear the thumbnail cache.

Clear thumbnail cache:

• Press Win + R keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog and type the following into the Run box:
      cleanmgr
    • Select the drive, and check the box for Thumbnails.
    • Click OK and wait for the cache to be cleared.

I suggest you to post a feedback in the Feedback Hub
    to bring back Filmstrip viewer, so that our developer team can have a look into it and include it in the upcoming updates.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 10, 2021
  3. Clavius Win User
    Preview Pane for Images/Some Thumbnails/Photos not Working Only on OneDrive Folder

The preview pane and thumbnails as well as the Photos app are not working, but only on my OneDrive folder. It works fine on an exact copy of the same files that are not in the OneDrive synced folder structure (and known to Windows as being OneDrive).

• Open OneDrive Folder, navigate to photos directory
    • Sony Raw images (.ARW) do not show thumbnails. (I have the Sony plug in installed)
    • Double click on a raw file, Photos says "We can't open this file."
    • Click on a jpeg file, and with preview window turned on, no preview appears
    • Double click on jpeg file, opens fine in Photos, and then the preview window image appears

• Navigate to a directory that is not synced to OneDrive
    • Sony Raw thumbnails show up fine. They also show up in the preview window.
    • Double click on Raw file and Photos opens it up without problems

• Back to OneDrive photo directory
    • Copy raw file to desktop
    • Immediately the thumbnail appears and the file can be opened with Photos. The same file that it can't open from Explorer in the OneDrive directory

This is only happening on my desktop. My laptop is fine. Both same versions of Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

Clavius, Oct 10, 2021
  4. how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 10, 2021
Thema:

how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?

1. how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive? - Similar Threads - stop auto cropping

2. Cropping images in MS Paint stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cropping images in MS Paint stopped working: I use original MS Paint to crop images. But yesterday whenever I tried to crop an image what happened instead is that the image moved around. I hit the Crop button in the menu but the second I click the left button on my mouse to start cropping, the crop cursor is replaced by...
  3. Cropping images in MS Paint stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cropping images in MS Paint stopped working: I use original MS Paint to crop images. But yesterday whenever I tried to crop an image what happened instead is that the image moved around. I hit the Crop button in the menu but the second I click the left button on my mouse to start cropping, the crop cursor is replaced by...
  4. Onedrive auto uploading images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive auto uploading images: My Onedrive automatically uploads images from my iPhone and iPads Photos apps, cameras, and even image materials from my graphics programs. Auto upload in Onedrive has always been shut off. How do I stop this from happening?...
  5. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  6. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  7. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

8. how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?: when i upload images to onedirve folder, it keeps cropping thumbnail images automatically.<<original image>><<thumbnail image>>The problme with this is that I can see the original image on my computer by opening the file, but there is no way to see it on IOS onedrive...
  9. how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?

how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?: when i upload images to onedirve folder, it keeps cropping thumbnail images automatically.<<original image>><<thumbnail image>>The problme with this is that I can see the original image on my computer by opening the file, but there is no way to see it on IOS onedrive...
  10. Photo app auto cropping image

Photo app auto cropping image: I am trying to figure out why the Photos app keeps shrinking and cropping cuts both sides off an image whenever I open it. I can't find any settings to see why it would. If I view the image in a slideshow, it will show the full image. I have also transferred the files to...