Windows 10: How to solve this update services error 1058 ?

Discus and support How to solve this update services error 1058 ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am not able to upgrade my windows, and when I see it in services I got that my windows update service is disabled and when I tried to enable it, this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SaiSharma, Oct 12, 2021.

1. SaiSharma Win User

How to solve this update services error 1058 ?

I am not able to upgrade my windows, and when I see it in services I got that my windows update service is disabled and when I tried to enable it, this was showing error 1508, after seeing some videos on youtube, this error was not fixing, and when I tried to enable the service from services.msc it was showing an errorplease solve my error because I want to upgrade my windows, please...

:)

SaiSharma, Oct 12, 2021
  2. juan de jm, Oct 12, 2021
  3. jarmst Win User
    Windows Defender Error 1058: can't start service

I've seen posts regarding similar behavior for Windows 7, but not for Windows 10. I've tried a few of the steps but some of them (like specific registry key updates) are not applicable, since the registry seems different than previous versions.

Symptoms

• Windows Defender always fails to start, gives "Error 1058"
    • Under Settings > Update & Security > Windows Defender, every option is greyed out
    • Can't manually start the "Security Center" service
      • Initially set to "Disabled"
      • Change setting to "Automatic," start service manually
      • After a short time, it reverts back to "Disabled"
    Troubleshooting Steps

• Performed virus/malware removal
      • Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware, HitmanPro, AdwCleaner, Kaspersky's TDSS Removal, Bitdefender, Spybot
      • Individually installed, scanned, and removed each
      • Found some adware/viruses that were removed
      • Nothing shows up in any scans now (seems like everything active was removed)
    • Checked Group Policy Editor/registry key for the "Disable Windows Defender" setting
      • Made sure everything was set to "enable" Defender
      • Still see symptoms
    • sfc /scannow
      • Showed some errors that couldn't be resolved
      • Seems to be missing critical files in the running and backup file list
      • I have the CBS.log that was ran immediately before posting; not sure how to attach it or if I should include a snippet
      • EDIT: just re-looked through the log output, seems like most of the "check failed" errors were for different shortcut files (Task Scheduler, etc.). Not sure how applicable this is now
    Possible Solutions

• Download + reinstall Windows Defender to replace missing files
      • Not sure if this is even possible, given that it's a core system component in W10
    • Restore Registry keys back to default settings
      • Virus seems to have messed up several places
      • Nothing specific to Windows 10 online for getting Windows Defender back to stock in registry

jarmst, Oct 12, 2021
  4. How to solve this update services error 1058 ?

Abdulmaliklawal1, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

How to solve this update services error 1058 ?

1. How to solve this update services error 1058 ? - Similar Threads - solve update services

2. error 1058

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error 1058: When im trying to change the startup type to Automatic it just instantelly changes to disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-1058/ac05a536-a4bb-4f2c-913c-189b7a52894f
  3. error 1058

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 1058: When im trying to change the startup type to Automatic it just instantelly changes to disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-1058/ac05a536-a4bb-4f2c-913c-189b7a52894f
  4. How to solve this update services error 1058 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve this update services error 1058 ?: I am not able to upgrade my windows, and when I see it in services I got that my windows update service is disabled and when I tried to enable it, this was showing error 1508, after seeing some videos on youtube, this error was not fixing, and when I tried to enable the...
  5. How to solve this update services error 1058 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to solve this update services error 1058 ?: I am not able to upgrade my windows, and when I see it in services I got that my windows update service is disabled and when I tried to enable it, this was showing error 1508, after seeing some videos on youtube, this error was not fixing, and when I tried to enable the...
  6. can't solve error 1058

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't solve error 1058: i am facing problem with windows update. it show something went wrong , come back later. and I can't even download anything from Microsoft store. when I surfed through internet , I found out solutions but nothing is working , I don't know whats wrong. error code is 1058....
  7. Windows update service not starting wuauserv, error 1058

Windows update service not starting wuauserv, error 1058: Hi,My computer is unable to start windows update.Through normal settings I see this;Restarting does nothing. Trouble shooters don't seem to work.I have looked online and traced the problem to the wuauserv windows update service.Through windows services I can see that it is...
  8. How to fix services error 1058 on Windows 10?

How to fix services error 1058 on Windows 10?: How to fix error 1058 for updating windows10*Moderator note: Modified title for accuracy* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-services-error-1058-on-windows-10/8d642f31-c6e0-4d72-8aec-a1b4bce4cd6d
  9. error 1058

error 1058: How to fix error 1058 for updating windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-1058/8d642f31-c6e0-4d72-8aec-a1b4bce4cd6d
  10. error 1058 when enabling window update services

error 1058 when enabling window update services: hi, i just buying a pc from an onlne vendor seem my window cannot update. error 80070422 will appear after i try update my window. after some research i use the services.msc to enable auto update. then the error 1058 appear. please consult. thanks a lot...