Windows 10: how to revert driver update for internal speakers and microphone?

Discus and support how to revert driver update for internal speakers and microphone? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; windows 11, used ccleaner to update all Realtek drivers for sound components. now speakers and mic have disappeared from device manager as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Thomas Mueller3, Oct 3, 2024 at 5:07 PM.

1. how to revert driver update for internal speakers and microphone?

windows 11, used ccleaner to update all Realtek drivers for sound components. now speakers and mic have disappeared from device manager as well as system sounds. ccleaner function to reverse driver update gives error message "not possible" even though it was done just 3 days ago.

:)

Thomas Mueller3, Oct 3, 2024 at 5:07 PM

2. internal microphone not working since updates

Hi,

We'd like to confirm if you're still unable to utilize the internal microphone after installing the update? If yes, as an initial step to get the microphone working again, we suggest that you update the driver under
    Audio Inputs and Outputs in the Device Manager. The steps on how to update the device driver on your device can be found on this
    link.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

3. Lumia 930 microphone doesn't work on speaker

Hi, I have same issue on Lumia 930, have tried the various steps proposed by Microsoft, have also tried updating software to Windows 10 but to no avail. While a number of posts on this topic suggest it is likely to be a hardware bug, my symptoms seem to
    indicate software:

• while using the phone normally (not on speaker) the microphones work perfectly. IE microphones 1 and 2 at the bottom of the phone appear to be working 100%
    • while using the phone on speaker, microphones 1 and 2 (see Problem with Lumia 930 second microphone for good photos of microphone locations) seem to be completely off
    • while using phone on speaker, microphones 3 and 4 at the top of the phone seem to work reasonably as long as I'm close to the phone. Not as well as they should on a speakerphone though.
    • microphone on headset works fine
    This does look to be a very widespread issue ... any updates from Microsoft?

thanks

RowaninMelb, Oct 3, 2024 at 5:10 PM
  4. Louie Del Win User

how to revert driver update for internal speakers and microphone?

Constant Muting Internal Microphone

Hi Terri,

If the internal microphone of your device is muting on its own, it can be due to an incompatible driver, broken system components or a software conflict has occurred. To isolate your concern, we’d like to confirm if you’ve made some
    changes and updates on your computer prior to the issue.

Additionally, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix any sound issues. Please check this
    article for the instructions and choose from the drop-down list for other troubleshooting
    steps that you can follow.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Thema:

how to revert driver update for internal speakers and microphone?

1. how to revert driver update for internal speakers and microphone? - Similar Threads - revert driver update

2. how to revert driver update for internal speakers and microphone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to revert driver update for internal speakers and microphone?: windows 11, used ccleaner to update all Realtek drivers for sound components. now speakers and mic have disappeared from device manager as well as system sounds. ccleaner function to reverse driver update gives error message "not possible" even though it was done just 3 days...
  3. No drivers for internal microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No drivers for internal microphone.: I used my windows cleaner tool and it updated some drivers, and one of them was my microphone. Now, in device manager it has an error sign next to it and it is called "Digital Microphone Device" under the "Other Devices" tab. In properties it says, "The drivers for this...
  4. No drivers for internal microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No drivers for internal microphone.: I used my windows cleaner tool and it updated some drivers, and one of them was my microphone. Now, in device manager it has an error sign next to it and it is called "Digital Microphone Device" under the "Other Devices" tab. In properties it says, "The drivers for this...
  5. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Speakers: The right channel of my speakers stopped working a month after I purchased my laptop, what could be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/585fbb9d-da74-4f2c-8320-9c73ec00d38c
  6. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Speakers: The right channel of my speakers stopped working a month after I purchased my laptop, what could be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/585fbb9d-da74-4f2c-8320-9c73ec00d38c
  7. Installed audio driver update now internal microphone not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed audio driver update now internal microphone not found: Installed audio driver update now internal microphone not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-audio-driver-update-now-internal/6c0a454c-840e-4108-b009-a24fec0efdd3
  8. Realtek driver - microphone gain doesn't work, microsoft driver - internal speakers do not...

Realtek driver - microphone gain doesn't work, microsoft driver - internal speakers do not...: With default realtek drivers that are automatically downloaded by windows, or realtek drivers from OEM site, my speakers work fine, however microphone volume doesn't work. It is always set to 1% and 0db gain, and using the volume sliders in microphone volume properties does...
  9. Internal Speakers

Internal Speakers: Where do I find my internal speakers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/fad8aded-c6c6-4c95-9782-d4909ad2506a
  10. internal speakers and microphone not recognized

internal speakers and microphone not recognized: Reloaded windows 10 and speakers and microphone not showing on device manager and not detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers-and-microphone-not-recognized/9a97f7a2-34e9-475a-8c05-38c36fe55d4f