Windows 10: How to revert back to original windows product key

Discus and support How to revert back to original windows product key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had my PC preinstalled with Windows 10 Home single language . but I tried a non genuine key from an YouTube video in an attempt to upgrade my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DHEEPAK KUMAR, Jun 21, 2023.

1. How to revert back to original windows product key

I had my PC preinstalled with Windows 10 Home single language . but I tried a non genuine key from an YouTube video in an attempt to upgrade my windows to win 10 Pro. somehow the product name changed to Windows 10 pro & activation is showing as not activated. Please help me revert back to the original product key with activation. PFA screenshot

:)

DHEEPAK KUMAR, Jun 21, 2023

2. I lost my original MS Insider Product Key for Windows 10 Help!

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What do you mean by Windows 10 product key?
    • Are you referring to previous Windows key?
    • From where did you purchase the product key?
    If the operating system was preinstalled (OEM) then I suggest you to contact the manufacturer or if you have purchased the product key from retail store like Microsoft store or from any store I suggest you to contact them to get the Original Windows product
    key only then we can activate the Windows 10.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 21, 2023
  3. EULA; UEFI; Product Keys and reverting....

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 via the insiders page. Checking my key with showkey, shows a new key that is not the original Windows 7 key or the key listed by Microsoft for that build. That key stayed the same up until build 10130. Showkey showed it as a Windows 8.1 preview key. After upgrading to build 10162 showkey showed yet another new key. It may have happened with build 10158 or 10159, I didn't check it until 10162. This key shows as a Windows 10 Pre-Release key. Windows 10 is not using my previous Windows 7 key. It has its own Windows 10 key. It has been reported that clean installs will be doable after you do the free upgrade. How is one to do a clean install if one doesn't have a product code to enter? Also keep in mind that OEM Windows 7 PC's do not have a product code embedded in the BIOS like OEM Windows 8 PC's do. If you wipe your OEM Windows 7 install, your going to need the product code on the COA sticker to do a reinstall. That or custom branded OEM install media.

alphanumeric, Jun 21, 2023
  4. How to revert back to original windows product key

Windows Product Key

A friend of mine has an all-in-one that came with Windows 8 pre-installed. He erased the original OS thinking he could install another version of Windows 8. One thing he encountered, that he didn't expect, the BIOS/UEFI has a password. So, basically he is locked out from installing another OS. His BIOS has the product key nestled inside. Is it possible to find out which version the product key belong to?

GoFigureItOut, Jun 21, 2023
Thema:

How to revert back to original windows product key

1. How to revert back to original windows product key - Similar Threads - revert original product

2. How do i get my original product key back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get my original product key back: Apparently you can buy cheaper product keys that work for like 20 dollars instead of the joke of 380au dollars, so i tried putting the key in and it's not working. "you don't have a valid digital licence or product key" I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to pro, and...
  3. How to revert back to original windows product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to revert back to original windows product key: I had my PC preinstalled with Windows 10 Home single language . but I tried a non genuine key from an YouTube video in an attempt to upgrade my windows to win 10 Pro. somehow the product name changed to Windows 10 pro & activation is showing as not activated. Please help me...
  4. How to revert back to original windows product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to revert back to original windows product key: I had my PC preinstalled with Windows 10 Home single language . but I tried a non genuine key from an YouTube video in an attempt to upgrade my windows to win 10 Pro. somehow the product name changed to Windows 10 pro & activation is showing as not activated. Please help me...
  5. revert images back to original

in Windows 10 Gaming
    revert images back to original: hi, Long time back, I cropped an image on windows 7 pc. after some time I shifted to windows 10 on that same pc and now I want the original photo back without any cropping but I can't find a wayI have the cropped image on my pc. I also tried revert back to original option but...
  6. revert images back to original

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    revert images back to original: hi, Long time back, I cropped an image on windows 7 pc. after some time I shifted to windows 10 on that same pc and now I want the original photo back without any cropping but I can't find a wayI have the cropped image on my pc. I also tried revert back to original option but...
  7. revert images back to original

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Change product key back to original

Change product key back to original: Hi all, I my son have recently bought a used pc with win 10 enterprise. Win is activated but we always had problems with updates. when i tried to understand why i discovered that the pc came originally with another product key for win 8.1 and our version is activated with...
  9. Reverting back to original KMS server

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reverting back to original KMS server: So... I had an unactivated copy of Windows 10 Enterprise on my laptop, and I wanted to use the personalization features that are only available on activated Windows. So I looked up ways to activate Windows for free (which I now realise was a very dumb thing to do). I came...
  10. Windows original product key

Windows original product key: I am using hp laptop. My original product key got blurred and I have no idea about retailer. Please let me know how to get the original product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-original-product-key/446eaf65-e967-4e43-84d1-4e16b7135da8"