Windows 10: How to return computer to original condition

Discus and support How to return computer to original condition in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; computer 10 years old running MS 10. Something got into computer, and I cannot return it to its original state. Backgrounds have changed colors, pages... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RickFlagler, Jun 23, 2024.

1. How to return computer to original condition

computer 10 years old running MS 10. Something got into computer, and I cannot return it to its original state. Backgrounds have changed colors, pages are black with white type, page formats have all changed. When I looked at Add or Delete Programs, most if not all operating programs have been replaced in one day. I did security check which ran for hours and no results. I have new programs installed for PC health and Driver updates which I never requested. Something has taken over this computer. Help

:)

RickFlagler, Jun 23, 2024
  2. jem05 Win User

There is no "Return your computer to factory condition" option

I am trying to reformat this old PC (Windows 7 Professional) my mom gave me which still has some files that she doesn't need anymore. I watched a tutorial on YouTube, it said that the steps are
    "Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Backup and Restore > Recover system settings or your computer > Advanced recovery methods" . I followed them all but then the next step was " > Return your computer to factory condition" which
    I cannot seem to find on this PC. Any help?

jem05, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Origin will not load

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Which was the update that was installed prior to this issue?
    2. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer
      See which version of Windows 10 you have).
    3. Do you get any error message while launching the Origin application?
    4. What was the error message that you got while reinstalling the Origin application?
    5. Are you facing this issue with any other applications?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to launch Origin application.

1. Follow the steps mentioned in Uninstalling Origin Application
      and completely uninstall Origin from your computer.
    2. Then, put your computer in a Clean Boot State
      and delete the folders from the following locations.

• Note: A Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Your computer may temporarily lose
      some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

• C:\ProgramData\Origin\
    • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Origin\
    • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Origin\
    • C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License\

1. Then, Download Origin and install it with the computer being in a Clean Boot
      State.
    2. Then, place the computer to normal boot by going to
      Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
      section in the Clean Boot link and check if you are able to launch the Origin application.

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 23, 2024
  4. How to return computer to original condition

Pictures cannot be sorted returns back to original

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Can you state what you mean by " icon list "?

As per the information that you have provided, I understand that you are unable to sort your photos and they keep on returning back to the original state. If that is the case I would suggest that you try to arrange the pictures by using the
    Group By feature and check if they return back to the original state. Follow the steps below to do so.

1. Open the folder that contains your pictures.

2. Click on the View tab located on top of the folder.

3. Click on Group By and select the type you want to sort your pictures in and check

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

How to return computer to original condition

1. How to return computer to original condition - Similar Threads - return computer original

2. How to return computer to original condition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to return computer to original condition: computer 10 years old running MS 10. Something got into computer, and I cannot return it to its original state. Backgrounds have changed colors, pages are black with white type, page formats have all changed. When I looked at Add or Delete Programs, most if not all operating...
  3. How to return computer to original condition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to return computer to original condition: computer 10 years old running MS 10. Something got into computer, and I cannot return it to its original state. Backgrounds have changed colors, pages are black with white type, page formats have all changed. When I looked at Add or Delete Programs, most if not all operating...
  4. Return to original colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Return to original colors: Please return to original colors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-to-original-colors/8531b8c8-a52e-429d-924e-719bd6dc5c15
  5. Return to original colors

Return to original colors: Please return to original colors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-to-original-colors/8531b8c8-a52e-429d-924e-719bd6dc5c15
  6. How to release Computer Resources to Reboot Condition?

How to release Computer Resources to Reboot Condition?: How to release Resources to Reboot Condition? EXAMPLE:as per Task Manager List, after closing Excel and Edge, why are they still listed ? Edge not listed after reboot...
  7. Return to Factory condition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Return to Factory condition: My wife has an HP notebook with windows 10 installed (don't know what version (probably home) of Windows 10 it is). It has a virus (says from Microsoft, but locks the computer up every time it open) that comes up when any browser is opened. I need to know how to return the...
  8. return to original documents list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    return to original documents list: I cant access the original page for my documents folder... it keeps bringing up quick access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-to-original-documents-list/f263745f-6827-4e0c-a188-cc7d55968e9b"
  9. New laptop in problematic condition - fix or return?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New laptop in problematic condition - fix or return?: Greetings, I have an ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS, purchased in a 'Like New' condition off Amazon ~two weeks ago. Since day one, I've encountered minor problems ranging from desktop right-click taking an eternity to slight performance issues such as 'microstuttering' in gaming...
  10. How to return OPEN the original application Photos ?

How to return OPEN the original application Photos ?: Photo files opens in old Photo Viewer. How to return OPEN the original application Photos ? I tried: to restore the default application and association file. No change, thank you. 71213