Windows 10: How to reset ClearType settings to initial ones

Discus and support How to reset ClearType settings to initial ones in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Can someone help me is there any way to reset ClearType Font settings to whatever was on my system initially BESIDES "system restore"? I've researched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Roma_RS, Jul 4, 2024.

1. How to reset ClearType settings to initial ones

Can someone help me is there any way to reset ClearType Font settings to whatever was on my system initially BESIDES "system restore"?

I've researched the problem a bit but could not find a convincing answer to the subject. Basically the answer boils down to "Rerun Adjust Cleartype wizard and choose answers 1, 2, 1, 2, 3" . However, I am pretty sure my text looked differently before some weird desire drove me to check these settings and I went through the dialog for the first time.
    To make things worse, it has been well-known that the registry values located at
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics\DISPLAY1
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics\DISPLAY1

a) don't actually change anything (seem to be deprecated/managed elsewhere)
    b) they are not even changed when going through the "Adjust Cleartype" wizard (I checked this as far as the 2nd question from the wizard which should correct font gamma - but the reg value stays the same - this is also confirmed by this post https://github.com/bp2008/BetterClearTypeTuner/wiki/ClearType-Investigations )

So the questions lingers.

submitted by /u/Roma_RS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Roma_RS, Jul 4, 2024

2. How to reset ClearType text to factory settings in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

How to Make Text Easier to Read using ClearType in Windows 10

• To get to the ClearType take an entry to the
      Control Panel and select the Display option.
    • On the right pane of the Display window click on
      Adjust ClearType Text link.
    • A ClearType Text Tuner window will appear on your screen. Select the
      checkbox Turn on ClearType and click
      Next button to go to the next step
    • After turning on the ClearType
      Text Tuner, you will see five windows exhibiting the samples of the text that you wish to set.
    • So click Next on the following five sample windows by selecting your required text type.
    • On the appearance of last window click Finish after completing the tuning of the text for your monitor.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Jul 4, 2024
  3. DS4130 Win User
    Windows 10 ClearType Reset

Hi, I'm looking for clear confirmation on how to reset ClearType to its default settings without using a system restore in Windows 10 Professional?

Having recently changed my monitors and run the ClearType tuner, I'm not happy with the results and am struggling to find a definitive answer on how this can be completely restored to default values.

Also now when I run the tuner it only offers 4 pages of options as opposed to the 5 initially offered, any ideas on why?

DS4130, Jul 4, 2024
  4. How to reset ClearType settings to initial ones

How to reset ClearType text to factory settings in Windows 10?

Microsoft/Windows Forums/Answers are useless and frustrating.

To reset to default settings, follow these steps:

Go to "Adjust ClearType text". Choose the following text samples on each of the five pages.

Page Number Sample Number

1 1

2 1

3 1

4 2

5 3

Jan Mohammad, Jul 4, 2024
Thema:

How to reset ClearType settings to initial ones

1. How to reset ClearType settings to initial ones - Similar Threads - reset ClearType settings

2. Reset failed to initiate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset failed to initiate.: Trying to reset my PC on the settings > recovery > reset however when I click on reset it does nothing but restart. It actually comes with nothing then as if it like I just restarted the PC since its doing so fast and no buffering or no initialization at all. I want to reset...
  3. Reset failed to initiate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset failed to initiate.: Trying to reset my PC on the settings > recovery > reset however when I click on reset it does nothing but restart. It actually comes with nothing then as if it like I just restarted the PC since its doing so fast and no buffering or no initialization at all. I want to reset...
  4. how do i change the name on the initial settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change the name on the initial settings.: when i open settings on my computer, it has my name below that is local account and below that is says Sign in. how do i change that in the initial settings, one method i tried didn't change this name, just a name somewhere else?im talking about the initial settings. the one...
  5. how do i change the name on the initial settings.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i change the name on the initial settings.: when i open settings on my computer, it has my name below that is local account and below that is says Sign in. how do i change that in the initial settings, one method i tried didn't change this name, just a name somewhere else?im talking about the initial settings. the one...
  6. Cleartype

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cleartype: For those of you that think your text on Windows is a little blurry try this submitted by /u/Deathdar1577 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qkd3mu/cleartype/
  7. A question about ClearType.

in Windows 10 Customization
    A question about ClearType.: Recently I just bought a new monitor And i wanted to use the ClearType again But whenever i try to launch the ClearType, It never shows up which means i cannot change the setting But in the Task Manager It show that ClearType is working... How could i fix it? Sorry for my...
  8. Acer laptop: ClearType ignores settings for secondary display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Acer laptop: ClearType ignores settings for secondary display: Posting this here because I'm wondering if (among other things) it could be an OS issue with Windows 10, but I could be wrong. I have an Acer Nitro 5, model AN515-54, and I'm trying to use it with an external monitor and the laptop screen serving to extend the display. The...
  9. Cleartype settings keep on resetting

Cleartype settings keep on resetting: I am unable to change the default clear type settings. I change the setting an finish the process, the window closes but there are no changes in the text view. The setting reset to the default values everytime I click on finish......
  10. Unable to apply ClearType setting

Unable to apply ClearType setting: I have tried applying ClearType several times, but every time I launch the set-up, the settings are reverted to its default values. I also noticed there's no difference before or after configuring ClearType. I tried launching the set-up as administrator but I still didn't...