Windows 10: how to remove safe USB external disk

Discus and support how to remove safe USB external disk in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; how to remove/unpin safety USB devices like external disk in Window 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ezra abrahm, Oct 10, 2024 at 4:57 AM.

1. how to remove safe USB external disk

how to remove/unpin safety USB devices like external disk in Window 10

:)

2. geotso Win User

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

4. how to remove safe USB external disk

Can't safely remove external disk

Hello Geotso,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are unable to 'safe remove' the external device connected via USB.

Before proceeding any further, we need a few more details on the below questions.

• Is the issue specific to the particular removable drive you are referring to?
    • Which Windows Service did you disable to fix the issue? Did it help?

As an initial recommendation , I suggest you to check if the same issue occurs when logged in to the computer using Safe Mode.

Safe Mode With Networking:

Follow the steps to boot to safe mode with networking:

• Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

• In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.

• Click the ‘Boot’ tab.

• Under ‘Boot Options’, select the ‘Safe Boot’ option.

• Choose the type of safe mode by selecting one of the options below the Safe boot check box: Select ‘Network’.

• Click OK and then restart your PC.

Refer below link to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue does not occur in Safe mode, try to place the computer in a Clean Boot state and check if there are any third party application/software to be causing the issue.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Thema:

how to remove safe USB external disk

1. how to remove safe USB external disk - Similar Threads - remove safe USB

2. how to remove safe USB external disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to remove safe USB external disk: how to remove/unpin safety USB devices like external disk in Window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-safe-usb-external-disk/a043a263-8f2f-447c-b184-0ce40d25d831
  3. how to remove safe USB external disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove safe USB external disk: how to remove/unpin safety USB devices like external disk in Window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-safe-usb-external-disk/a043a263-8f2f-447c-b184-0ce40d25d831
  4. Safe removal of external hard disk / Jump drive

Safe removal of external hard disk / Jump drive: Hi,I read somewhere few weeks back that Windows 11 has a feature, if turned on, removes the need to eject the external hard drive, i.e., the external drive can be removed safely without going through the ejection process. Note: I have not been able to locate that article.I...
  5. Safe removal of external hard disk / Jump drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe removal of external hard disk / Jump drive: Hi,I read somewhere few weeks back that Windows 11 has a feature, if turned on, removes the need to eject the external hard drive, i.e., the external drive can be removed safely without going through the ejection process. Note: I have not been able to locate that article.I...
  6. Safe removal of external hard disk / Jump drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot safely remove external hard disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot safely remove external hard disk: When i right click safely remove Hardware and eject media, my idle hard drive automatically starts vibrating (reading/writing I dont know) everytime and then if i try to eject it says the device is currently in use. Why is this happening? I now have to shut down my laptop if...
  8. Prompt for safely removing external usb storage missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prompt for safely removing external usb storage missing: After the latest Windows 10 update I now seem to have lost the audio prompt that tells me it is safe to remove external storage through the usb ports. I have to pull out the usb stick and hope that all is ok. Can anybody tell me how to remedy this. Also, my machine came with...
  9. Mount external USB3 disk after Safely Removing it?

Mount external USB3 disk after Safely Removing it?: Win 10 Pro 64bit. I have an external hard disk (WD MyBook) connected via USB3. After using it I use the "Safely Remove ..." thingo to remove/unmount it. Sometimes I want to mount it again but the only way I have found to do that is to power the drive down and up again. I'd...
  10. How to safely remove an external drive?

How to safely remove an external drive?: I always have problems to safely remove an external drive: [img] The Task Manager causing an error message when I try to safely remove an external is closed. There is no process shown accessing anything on the external drive: [img] What else could I do (besides...