Windows 10: How to remove old work Microsoft email account?

Discus and support How to remove old work Microsoft email account? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I recently got a new job, and the work email of my previous job has been deleted I can no longer log into it. But, it still shows up on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DillonOlander, Nov 21, 2023.

1. How to remove old work Microsoft email account?

Hello,I recently got a new job, and the work email of my previous job has been deleted I can no longer log into it. But, it still shows up on my personal laptop and keep getting error notifications. I want to remove it, but there is no remove option. Just "manage." See the screenshot images pasted below.and when I go to manage, it just asks me to log in to that account... which I can't anymore, because it was for my old job, and now deleted by my former employer after I left them.I am on Windows 10 Home as of November 2023, and it is up to date.What do I do?

:)

DillonOlander, Nov 21, 2023

2. Remove an old work account.

Hi Eric, I'm John D, and I am happy to help you with this.

I understand how frustrating it can be to keep receiving notifications to authenticate for Microsoft "Lists" with your old work account, especially since you left your previous company over a year ago.

Based on the information you have shared with me, it appears that your old work account is still linked to the Microsoft "Lists" app. In order to remove this account and stop receiving these notifications, you can try the following steps:

> Open the Microsoft "Lists" app on your laptop.

> Click on the profile icon on the top right-hand side of the screen.

> Select "Sign out" from the dropdown menu.

> If prompted, enter your old work account details and sign out.

> Once you have signed out, close the app and reopen it.

> Sign in to the app with your current Microsoft account linked to your family subscription.

By following these steps, you should be able to remove your old work account from the Microsoft "Lists" app and stop receiving notifications to authenticate with it.

I hope this solution helps you resolve the issue.

Best regards,

John D.

Independent Advisor

John Jefferson D., Nov 21, 2023
  3. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Nov 21, 2023
  4. How to remove old work Microsoft email account?

Remove an old work account.

Hi Eric,

If the "Lists" app is not installed on your laptop, it is possible that the notification you are receiving is coming from a different source. One possibility is that the notification is coming from the Microsoft Edge browser, which may be trying to access the "Lists" app on the web.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

> Open Microsoft Edge browser on your laptop.

> Click on the three dots on the top right-hand side of the screen.

> Go to Settings and click on "Profiles."

> Check if your old work account is listed under "Profiles."

> If it is, click on the three dots next to the account and select "Remove."

Once you have removed your old work account from the Microsoft Edge browser, you should stop receiving notifications to authenticate with it.

I hope this solution helps you resolve the issue.

Best regards,

John D.

Independent Advisor

John Jefferson D., Nov 21, 2023
Thema:

How to remove old work Microsoft email account?

1. How to remove old work Microsoft email account? - Similar Threads - remove old Microsoft

2. Old email for Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old email for Microsoft account: Hello,The email I used for one of my Microsoft accounts is no longer active.I have the password to it, but, when I try to log on, Microsoft asks me to verify my email.Since my email is no longer active, I can't do that.I was able to add a secondary email, but I have to wait...
  3. Old email for Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old email for Microsoft account: Hello,The email I used for one of my Microsoft accounts is no longer active.I have the password to it, but, when I try to log on, Microsoft asks me to verify my email.Since my email is no longer active, I can't do that.I was able to add a secondary email, but I have to wait...
  4. Old email for Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to remove old work Microsoft email account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove old work Microsoft email account?: Hello,I recently got a new job, and the work email of my previous job has been deleted I can no longer log into it. But, it still shows up on my personal laptop and keep getting error notifications. I want to remove it, but there is no remove option. Just "manage." See the...
  6. How to remove old work Microsoft email account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove old work Microsoft email account?: Hello,I recently got a new job, and the work email of my previous job has been deleted I can no longer log into it. But, it still shows up on my personal laptop and keep getting error notifications. I want to remove it, but there is no remove option. Just "manage." See the...
  7. remove old microsoft account from email & accounts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove old microsoft account from email & accounts in windows 10: My system has an old microsoft accountdoes not exist anymore that is still in email & accounts section. How do I remove that account from my system if I don't have access to that account anymore. I am the administrator on my system. Thanks...
  8. REMOVE OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    REMOVE OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT: I have been trying to remove my old email account with Microsoft and am unable to do so. It is being used for fraudulent purchases and causing me a lot of issues. This old email was supposed to be disabled in Dec 2019; however it is still active. I have a gmail address...
  9. Remove old email address from Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove old email address from Microsoft Account: Hi, I have an issue with my Microsoft Account, where despite removing my old email address from my account, on some logins on the Microsoft website it still prompts me to receive an confirmation email on my old address, which I no longer use, but I know the password and can...
  10. Remove an old email account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove an old email account.: I have recently changed the email account with which I log in to Microsoft. However, I am now getting regular notifications stating "We need to fix your Microsoft account (your password has probably been changed). Select here to fix it in the Shared experience setting" When...