Windows 10: how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off

Discus and support how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off. checked all third party software and removed them issue did not go away.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David Meyer2, Apr 24, 2024.

1. how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off

how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off. checked all third party software and removed them issue did not go away.

:)

David Meyer2, Apr 24, 2024
  2. dalchina Win User

CAPS LOCK sound warning not working

Hi, here are some ideas: see if one works for you. Keep a list of what you try. If no success, please post back listing what you've tried. Thanks. Tutorial (from -- the Tutorials section): Turn On or Off Narrator Caps Lock Warnings while Typing in Windows 10 Caps Lock Has Lost Its Beep. (last post)
    how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off 344639d1630246472t-caps-lock-sound-warning-not-working-1.jpg
    This is likely to be one of those where, as I don't know what you've already tried, I'll have spent time suggesting what you have tried. That's why I asked for a clear list of what you have tried. Do you see this when you toggle caps lock?
    how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off 344641d1630247019t-caps-lock-sound-warning-not-working-1.png

dalchina, Apr 24, 2024
  3. wvbirdman Win User
    Caps Lock delays typing

I often turn CAPS LOCK on and off while typing. When I do so, I get a pop-up that lasts for 3 seconds showing a graphic of upper or lower case letters:

how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off 224100d1549931873t-caps-lock-delays-typing-caps-lock.jpg

Often, when I turn CAPS LOCK on, the keyboard is disabled for the 3 seconds that the graphic is on-screen. I should wait before resuming typing; but I always forget and must backtrack and correct it. The problem does not happen every time I turn on CAPS LOCK, only if it has been several minutes since I last turned it on. However the graphic appears every time I press CAPS LOCK.

I think that some time in the past I may have downloaded one or more apps to assist with CAPS LOCK indication, found them unsuitable, and removed them; but I cannot remember any names. Nothing in Control Panel/Programs and Features seems likely to be involved.

Any help is appreciated, it's driving me crazy.

Thanks

wvbirdman, Apr 24, 2024
  4. how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off

Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off

1. how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off - Similar Threads - remove caps lock

2. how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off: how to remove caps lock pop up overlay when caps lock is turned on and off. checked all third party software and removed them issue did not go away....
  3. Caps Lock/Num Lock pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock/Num Lock pop up: Hi, my name's Hudson and I've recently been getting this notification or pop up on my computer whenever I press the Caps lock or Num lock keys. this problem started today, and I've tried every tutorial and guide I've seen on how to fix it and none of them have worked, and...
  4. Caps Lock/Num Lock pop up

Caps Lock/Num Lock pop up: Hi, my name's Hudson and I've recently been getting this notification or pop up on my computer whenever I press the Caps lock or Num lock keys. this problem started today, and I've tried every tutorial and guide I've seen on how to fix it and none of them have worked, and...
  5. How to turn off Caps lock notifiction

How to turn off Caps lock notifiction: So I play lot of game on my computer and the other day I found this random keyboard lying around in my house and I decided to test it out because I play fnf *if you don't know what that is its a rhythm game that requires 4+ keys on your keyboard* so anyways the keys on the...
  6. CAPS Lock Pop-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAPS Lock Pop-up: When I'm playing a game and I press CAPS lock by accident, a pop-up shows up, blocks my view and really messes me up. I was wondering how I could get rid of this. I have a Lenovo Flex 4-1470. I will atatch a screenshot of the pop-up.[ATTACH]...
  7. caps lock pop up

caps lock pop up: when ever i tap caps lock on my windows ten surface pro it minimizes all of my tabs/apps to my home screen and then displase this messege:. i have no clue how i turned it on but i would like to know how to turn it off, thanks in advance. [ATTACH]...
  8. Unwanted caps lock overlay!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unwanted caps lock overlay!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/e_mike_h [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jolwwf/unwanted_caps_lock_overlay/
  9. How can I turn off the Caps Lock and Num Lock overlay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn off the Caps Lock and Num Lock overlay?: When I toggle caps lock and num lock there is a notification on my screen. How do I turn this off? This doesn't work because I don't have a "Screen configurations" tab (maybe because I am using multiple monitors?). Thanks! submitted by /u/wafflewrestler [link] [comments]...
  10. how can I turn Caps Lock/Num Lock Pop-up indicator off

how can I turn Caps Lock/Num Lock Pop-up indicator off: Hello, my name is Anan, I have a little problem with my pc, its Caps Lock/Num Lock Pop-up indicator,its soooooooooooo annoying because every time I open a program or a game and accidentally press one of them it minimizes the program or the game I am on, I need help turning...