Windows 10: How to reinstall Windows on a new SSD

Discus and support How to reinstall Windows on a new SSD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an old computer that still runs with an HDD.I recently bought a new SSD and was wondering how do I go about deleting everything from the old HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alex3757, Sep 4, 2023.

1. Alex3757 Win User

How to reinstall Windows on a new SSD

I have an old computer that still runs with an HDD.I recently bought a new SSD and was wondering how do I go about deleting everything from the old HDD and reinstalling Windows on the new drive. I'm using Windows 10 and I have the product key. Should I just “deactivate” Windows somehow and disconnect the old hard drive and just forget about it? Then install windows with a flash drive on the SSD. Or is there a better way to do it.

:)

Alex3757, Sep 4, 2023
  2. Andre Da Costa, Sep 4, 2023
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Sep 4, 2023
  4. How to reinstall Windows on a new SSD

Reinstalling windows 10 on SSD

Step 1: Backup your important files:

Step 2: create a new bootable copy of Windows 10. The Windows 10 USB you have is the original version of Windows 10 which quite outdated.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Step 3: Shutdown the computer, remove the HDD then install the SSD

Step 4: Perform a clean install.

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Andre Da Costa, Sep 4, 2023
Thema:

How to reinstall Windows on a new SSD

1. How to reinstall Windows on a new SSD - Similar Threads - reinstall SSD

2. Uninstalling and Reinstalling Windows OS to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling and Reinstalling Windows OS to SSD: Hello,I've been experiencing an issue where my hard drive is running 100% all the time. My theory is that the OS could be installed on both the hard drive and SSD the HDD still runs 100% even with clean storage. I or the tech person I was working with at the time could have...
  3. Uninstalling and Reinstalling Windows OS to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling and Reinstalling Windows OS to SSD: Hello,I've been experiencing an issue where my hard drive is running 100% all the time. My theory is that the OS could be installed on both the hard drive and SSD the HDD still runs 100% even with clean storage. I or the tech person I was working with at the time could have...
  4. For the second time in two months I'm forced to wipe ssd and reinstall all software thanks...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For the second time in two months I'm forced to wipe ssd and reinstall all software thanks...: Second time !Unwanted update installed and the PC would not shut off .It would come back on right after shutting down in never ending loop .Went to system restore to restore PC to a point before BS update fu**ed everything up .Thats it . Screen went black and automatic repair...
  5. For the second time in two months I'm forced to wipe ssd and reinstall all software thanks...

For the second time in two months I'm forced to wipe ssd and reinstall all software thanks...: Second time !Unwanted update installed and the PC would not shut off .It would come back on right after shutting down in never ending loop .Went to system restore to restore PC to a point before BS update fu**ed everything up .Thats it . Screen went black and automatic repair...
  6. Reinstall Windows 11 on a second SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows 11 on a second SSD: I just read a thread about reinstalling Windows 11 on a second SSD abd have some questions about the following answer: "You cannot install Windows 11 on that drive from an ISO, you need to create a bootable USB, then boot your PC form that Click this link:...
  7. Reinstall Windows 11 on a second SSD

Reinstall Windows 11 on a second SSD: I just read a thread about reinstalling Windows 11 on a second SSD abd have some questions about the following answer: "You cannot install Windows 11 on that drive from an ISO, you need to create a bootable USB, then boot your PC form that Click this link:...
  8. My Laptop's internal Hard Disc has failed. How do I reinstall windows 11 to my newly added SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop's internal Hard Disc has failed. How do I reinstall windows 11 to my newly added SSD: My Laptop's internal Hard Disc has failed. How do I reinstall windows 11 to my newly added SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptops-internal-hard-disc-has-failed-how-do-i/1cb0e86e-b8bc-4cc2-a8c8-00451c8dbc54
  9. My Laptop's internal Hard Disc has failed. How do I reinstall windows 11 to my newly added SSD

My Laptop's internal Hard Disc has failed. How do I reinstall windows 11 to my newly added SSD: My Laptop's internal Hard Disc has failed. How do I reinstall windows 11 to my newly added SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptops-internal-hard-disc-has-failed-how-do-i/1cb0e86e-b8bc-4cc2-a8c8-00451c8dbc54
  10. Clean Windows 11 reinstall on new SSD

Clean Windows 11 reinstall on new SSD: I'm wanting to replace the Windows install drive on my PC currently running Windows 11 from an old HDD to a new SSD. When trying to install from the USB boot media I keep running into "Windows can't install on this computer" error message after selecting the version of...