Windows 10: How to reinstall GameInput service?

Discus and support How to reinstall GameInput service? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The GameInput service was throwing up errors in event viewer so I followed the instructions in the following reddit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ted L-S, Jun 7, 2024.

1. Ted L-S Win User

How to reinstall GameInput service?

The GameInput service was throwing up errors in event viewer so I followed the instructions in the following reddit threadhttps://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/18bb6e0/gameinput_service_stops_working_after_windows_11/I deleted the files in C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft GameInput\x64\gameinputsvc.exe just like he said to and uninstalled the GameInput app.I left the following GameInput files in System 32 because the guy on reddit said to also System 32 scares me.These are all the GameInput files I left in system 32GameInput.dllGameInputSvc.exeGameInputInbox.dllHe also said only one

:)

Ted L-S, Jun 7, 2024
  2. Adam M.S Win User

GameInput Service

When I am looking at Event Viewer, I get the below error message.
    > The GameInput Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 6 time(s).

> The GameInput Service service terminated with the following error:

The compound file GameInput Service was produced with a newer version of storage.

> The GameInput Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 5 time(s).
    The following corrective action will be taken in 1000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Could some methods of fixing be suggested? and if any more information is required, please specify.

Adam M.S, Jun 7, 2024
  3. K0MB Win User
    GameInput crashing my pc

Hello Theo, sorry about your problems. My name is Marco and I will do my best to help you.

To address the issue of Microsoft GameInput causing crashes on your PC, there are several strategies you can employ to either disable or permanently remove GameInput.

You can try disabling the "GameInput Host Service" via the Services application (services.msc). This has been suggested as a potential fix but might not be a permanent solution as updates could re-enable the service.

It's important to note that some of these solutions might impact the functionality of certain games or services, such as Xbox Game Pass.

Otherwise, to remove it completely, you can consult this forum where several suggestions are posted.

K0MB, Jun 7, 2024
  4. How to reinstall GameInput service?

KB5034441 and GameInput Service Failure

issue I've encountered on my home computer after attempting to install Windows Update KB5034441. Post-installation, I've been experiencing a failure with the GameInput service, which is critical for my gaming applications. I have attempted various troubleshooting methods without success and need further assistance to resolve this matter.

**System Information**:

- **Host Name**: DESKTOP-O2POBQC

- **OS Name**: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

- **OS Version**: 10.0.19045 N/A Build 19045

- **System Manufacturer**: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

- **System Model**: B365M DS3H WIFI

- **System Type**: x64-based PC

- **Processor**: Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 13 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz

- **Total Physical Memory**: 49,094 MB

- **Network Card(s)**: Realtek Gaming GbE Family Controller - IP address [192.168.1.214]

**Issue Details**:

- **Update Issue**: After attempting to install the KB5034441 update, I noticedsystem instability, application crashes.

- **Service Failure**: The GameInput Service will not start, showing the error code 0x80031005.

- **Troubleshooting Performed**: I have run the System File Checker (sfc /scannow), which found no integrity violations. The DISM tool was also used and completed successfully. Despite these efforts, the GameInput service still fails to start.

**Requested Action**:

I am seeking a resolution to successfully install KB5034441 and restore the functionality of the GameInput service. I would greatly appreciate detailed instructions on further troubleshooting steps or any patches that might address these issues.

Attached are the screenshots of the error messages and logs from the Event Viewer for your reference.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards

----------

1. **Windows Update Error**:

- There were problems installing some updates, but the system will try again later. If the problems persist and you keep seeing this, you could search the web or contact support for information. This may help: `0x80070643`.

2. **Troubleshooting Report**:

- The troubleshooting report indicated a problem with the BITS service. The requested service has already been started. More help is available by typing `NET HELPMSG 2182`.

3. **Windows Update Error Details**:

- Event ID 20 from the Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient indicated an error with the update process, specifically mentioning issues with the KB5034441 update and an error code `0x8024200b`.

4. **GameInput Service Error**:

- The GameInput Service on the local computer encountered an error and could not be started. The error code was `0x80031005`.

5. **TPM Management Error**:

- The TPM (Trusted Platform Module) management on the local computer showed an error stating that a compatible TPM could not be found. It was advised to verify that the computer has a 1.2 TPM or later, and it is turned on in the BIOS.

6. **Windows 11 Compatibility**:

- The PC health check indicated that the system does not currently meet Windows 11 system requirements because TPM 2.0 is not supported or enabled on the PC.

7. **BIOS Settings**:

- A BIOS screenshot showed various settings, including Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) listed as "Off," which is related to TPM functionality.

8. **Command Prompt Outputs**:

- `sfc /scannow` was run, and no integrity violations were found.

- `DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth` completed successfully, restoring system health.

- `systeminfo` command output provided details about the system configuration, such as the OS version, system manufacturer, model, processor, physical memory, and network card details.

9. **System Information**:

- Host Name: DESKTOP-O2POBQC

- OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

- OS Version: 10.0.19045 Build 19045

- System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

- System Model: B365M DS3H WIFI

- Processor: Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 13 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz

- BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. F2b Y1

- Total Physical Memory: 49,094 MB

- Network Card(s): Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168, Realtek Gaming GbE Family Controller, and Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

- Hyper-V Requirements: A detail of Hyper-V compatibility features.

JOSH_420nw, Jun 7, 2024
Thema:

How to reinstall GameInput service?

1. How to reinstall GameInput service? - Similar Threads - reinstall GameInput service

2. GameInput Service causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GameInput Service causing BSOD: I updated my NVIDIA graphics driver last week and then my PC started to blue screen multiple times a day. I uninstalled the new driver with DDU and reinstalled the driver I had before, but the blue screens won't stop. I checked the event viewer and a lot of errors came from...
  3. gameinput service not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gameinput service not working: hello! i ran a system diagnostics check because my computer keeps blue screening and the system is spiking my gpu randomly. its stating a service is reported as having an unexpected error code then scrolling down to the abnormally stopped system services it has it as...
  4. gameinput service not working

gameinput service not working: hello! i ran a system diagnostics check because my computer keeps blue screening and the system is spiking my gpu randomly. its stating a service is reported as having an unexpected error code then scrolling down to the abnormally stopped system services it has it as...
  5. gameinput service not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. How to reinstall GameInput service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall GameInput service?: The GameInput service was throwing up errors in event viewer so I followed the instructions in the following reddit threadhttps://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/18bb6e0/gameinput_service_stops_working_after_windows_11/I deleted the files in C:\Program Files...
  7. KB5034441 and GameInput Service Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5034441 and GameInput Service Failure: issue I've encountered on my home computer after attempting to install Windows Update KB5034441. Post-installation, I've been experiencing a failure with the GameInput service, which is critical for my gaming applications. I have attempted various troubleshooting methods...
  8. KB5034441 and GameInput Service Failure

KB5034441 and GameInput Service Failure: issue I've encountered on my home computer after attempting to install Windows Update KB5034441. Post-installation, I've been experiencing a failure with the GameInput service, which is critical for my gaming applications. I have attempted various troubleshooting methods...
  9. How to stop Microsoft Gameinput from reinstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Microsoft Gameinput from reinstalling: I've been removing it via Apps & Features near daily, but if I forget to uninstall, it causes BSOD on reconfiguration. Nothing I have attempted to do has worked so far, even attempted removing all Xbox apps I can find....
  10. How to stop Microsoft Gameinput from reinstalling

How to stop Microsoft Gameinput from reinstalling: I've been removing it via Apps & Features near daily, but if I forget to uninstall, it causes BSOD on reconfiguration. Nothing I have attempted to do has worked so far, even attempted removing all Xbox apps I can find....